KSP Weekly: A Corned Beef Sandwich

SQUAD

A cluster of LV-N's :kiss: But is there a chance we will get bigger nuclear engines for our motherships one day? It will go a long way towards reducing part count of our biggest ships - and improving playability for those of us, who enjoy sending ISS-lookalikes on interplanetary voyages :sticktongue:

56 minutes ago, PrvDancer85 said:

When i click the Hyperlink for the bugtracker it says the site doesnt exist. I've encountered some bugs in the enhanced edition and would Like to look if they have been reported already or Not. 

Good catch. Delete the percent-seven-dee off the end of the link in the OP:

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/login

14 hours ago, SQUAD said:

We are making sure that Mod support is at the forefront of the decisions we make with the design. It is imperative for us to maintain the relationship we have with our community and to extend this into the creation of Missions and the support of Mods. It is because of this we will integrate Mod support from day one into the Making History Expansion. In the upcoming weeks, we’ll let you know further detail regarding Mod support, so stay tuned for that.

Mod, mods mod mod.

Very nice to see this paragraph.

Extended life for KSP is in mods. They will be the thing that keeps interest going long enough, when development and DLC run dry, to make KSP 2...

It will be nice to have an easy way to attach my launch stage to the back of my spaceships(which usually have a cluster of engines).

And having a length-adjustable fairing is a nice bonus, as I always need to remove the fairings from my nervas to avoid explosive ejections(even if they were not clipped, those fairings would take out half my engine cluster if I left them on)

Something else that could be added for the existing NTR's would be a toggle-able LANTR[1] mode (uses LOx, higher thrust/worse ISP), KSP has supported multi-mode engines for a while now and such a change wouldn't require additional parts just a config tweak.

With a LANTR mode around ~220kN thrust @ 520 vacuum ISP[2] it'd give you a bit more flexibility around their use

Obviously that's a bit of a change-up for the LV-N, so the ability to toggle LANTR mode could be locked behind an refined atomics upgrade further along in the techtree

-----

[1] https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19950005290.pdf

[2] Using an approximation from the NTR-to-LANTR stats 3x/914s -> 11x/514s (for TWR/ISP)

@NoMrBond, that's an interesting thought.  From a balance perspective (using your numbers in LANTR mode), players would get an LF+O engine that has a significant Isp advantage over the "Poodle", but at the penalty of being almost twice as heavy and over seven times the cost, with slightly less vacuum thrust.

*Obviously we're just two players spit-balling here, I hope no one gets the impression this is in any way being considered by @SQUAD.* (Although it'd be cool if they did :wink:)

4 minutes ago, RocketSimplicity said:

When I click on the ‘test footage’ all I get is a 404, is that a bug or an inside joke?

It should send you to a short WebM/HTML5 video clip (hopefully visible below)

Edited by NoMrBond

8 minutes ago, klesh said:

“There is a patch planned”

One patch?  Is the plan to update the console versions beyond this patch, to say, the equivalent of PC versions 1.3x and 1.4 etc. 

Making History will be based on KSP 1.4 (using Unity 2017.1 at last mention), so it's a good bet that the console versions would be updated to there as well

6 minutes ago, razark said:

Would you prefer they plan on not fixing everything or introducing new bugs, so that more than one patch is needed?

Thats a silly question. I knew there was a reason I keep you on ignore!

7 minutes ago, klesh said:

Thats a silly question.

Then why would they plan on more than one patch?

8 minutes ago, klesh said:

I knew there was a reason I keep you on ignore!

You might want to look in on that.  It appears not to be working very well.

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, DeltaDizzy said:

well if the console is unlikely to get better planet textures as it cannot play mods. on your PC you can use mods to improve the planet textures. It is very unlikely that Squad will alter the textures.

doesn't it say there trying to work in mods for the console?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.