Mod Suggestions for console edition

PS4 Enhanced edition mod suggestion,

It would be nice to have a read out of vehicles remaining Delta-V, I believe that Mech-Jeb or Kerbal-engineer might have this for PC, but I have only watched videos with it.

But for console use, even just having a rough calculation listed in the engineers report would be super cool. Perhaps as part of a patch?

DLC suggestion for KSP on console, I'm playing PS4 KSP Enhanced Edition.

-Transfer Window assistance planner. I'm mostly/completely guessing when I begin to think about inter-planetary transfers. A notification of some kind prior to a transfer window, and the ability to set an alarm clock for interplanetary manoeuvres.

-Mun-base parts. Habitats, environmental domes, hotels, science facilities, Snack bars, refinery things, power generation, and an ability to phone home. Can we get a landing pad marker to target? I'm not saying KSP for Console needs to incorporate a whole city planner sub-game, but a few new parts would be glorious.

-The ability to drag fuel lines while on the surface of a Mun or planet.

-A couple different propeller motors for aircraft.. one or two sizes of fuel burning and electric. I haven't even tried to build any aircraft in the new Enhanced console edition.

Except for the "I prefer dev time used to [feature] instead" and " I prefer to not [feature] using computing resources" nothing against the particular suggestion of mods. And those possible objections are, in the end of the day, for the devs to consider.

However Squad instance is to try to make console gameplay as close as possible to computer gameplay. In that sense we may discuss about the broad concept of modding (an important aspect of computer gameplay) being implemented on consoles.  While suggestions like "make [mod] stock" already have a place to go.

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2018 at 1:37 PM, Deno_cooper1995 said:

This is a thread that is completely focused on the console version of K.S.P. I started  this request thread because I feel  that it is unfair that us console players are restricted from mods from a game that has one of the best mod support. So in this thread hopefully it's  reviewed and considered by the devs is a list of mods that i think should be added to the console edition as stock parts and features.

K.A.S (Kerbal attachment system) so players have better attaching options.

K.I.S (Kerbal inventory system) so players can have more inventory items

BD Armory continued to give players more diversity with flight. Giving them more things to do with space planes.

Hullcams vds because what is space without telescopes. And cameras are everywhere now so let's bring kerbol to the 21st century.

Magic smoke industries Infernal robotics so that we can have more robotic parts an control over them.

B9 Aerospace and airplane plus giving the player a wider variety with space plane parts

Kerbal planetary base systems giving the players better base modules to build on planets

Feline utility rovers for better Rover builds.

Tac live support (as a difficulty option) to give the players a more realistic space travel experience.

If you support this notion please leave a list of your own requests or comment about why certain request should or shouldn't be.

Although this thread is from January, I did feel more like replying here than starting a new thread.

I do agree with the OP that many of these mods are essencial (with some exceptions to this list). Many of these features should have been in the base game to be fair, specially to career mode, making the game more immersive with the current features.

To start, I don't believe we need any overhaul or huge mods, like Galileo's Planet Pack or even Mechjeb, but we sure need mods to help us calculate Delta-V and give us more info about our rockets, such as Kerbal Engineer (which seriously should have been in the base game to start it, it's odd - to say the least - that KSP stock fails so badly at giving us data about the vehicles we make).

For BDArmory, although it is one of the most impressive mods I have ever seen, I absolutely do NOT think it should be implemented in the console version. Remember that our current systems are already having trouble running KSP stock by itself, and for BDArmory we also require a increase in physics activation distance, which is given by another mod. So this would only bring more trouble, bugs and crashes. One could try implementing it if mods turned out to be something like Fallout 4 did for the console versions, but I don't plan on installing BDA to KSP until I get a better PC.

K.A.S would be so useful and immersive when building planetary bases together with K.I.S. One could even make some refueling/repair stations. This is something which I thought the base game would also offer, but I ended up finding out it was a mod. Imagine the uses for our engineers then. I barely have any uses for them with KSP Stock.

Also, talking about immersiveness and more uses to thing, the telescopes would be a pretty nice addition. Getting science from performing observations and then unlocking more info about "extrakerbian" bodies in the R&D would be pretty cool. Some mechanics in KSP Stock seem just dull, whsh we had more things to do with them, and these mods could add a lot of interesting features for a career mode.

And to finish, one mod that wasn't mentioned here but that I'd really love to have is the Ferram Aerospace Research. One problem is the physics handling causing too much of a performance issue on our consoles. But I do think, nonetheless, that we need some kind of a wind tunnel simulation - like FAR offers -  when building crafts, even if with stock aerodynamic physics (just like FAR offers in the SPH - video below).
It breaks my immersion so much by having to revert flights after encountering a problem with them, since CoM, CoT and CoL are simply not enough.
To connect this to career mode, would be nice having only CoM, CoT and CoL with the basic hangar, and then being allowed to use more features, such as the graphs, with an upgraded hangar.

I'm thrilled with the Extended Editions 1.01 patch.

This game is awesome.

I would rather any additions to this game didn't push too far and make it into a console crashing sim.

The one glaring problem the console version has, that isn't mentioned enough, is the tiny font size that the game uses for orbital data.

I play on a 60 inch TV, and I have to sit close to it to be able to read the periapsis/apoapsis data in real time.

1 hour ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

I play on a 60 inch TV, and I have to sit close to it to be able to read the periapsis/apoapsis data in real time.

Get a curved 90 inch, Build a mock up cockpit, and sit inside that.  Immersion FTW. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.