[WIP] Omega482's Dev thread - Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required >> ALPHA NOW AVAILABLE <<

Omega482

6 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

Is there any possible way that I can change the center logo to my flag?

5 hours ago, damonvv said:

You can, but you have to edit the .dds file and put your own logo in there.

@Omega482 has flag texture for one of his buildings so it's conceivable that it could be done here too I would think

On 24.1.2018 at 6:10 PM, Angel-125 said:

These look fabulous! I can see kerbals building up a new launch center somewhere. Just imagine if you had a static that tied into Extraplanetary Launchpads, then you could make vessels in a construction hangar, wheel them out to a pad, and launch them! I know that with KK you can select your launch site on Kerbin, I am thinking in terms of, say, Laythe. Unless KK lets you select a launchpad off world...

Also @Poodmund you mentioned a FlattenArea module, what’s that about? Is that from the stock game?

KK lets you launch from any planet, but there are only the waterlaunches from SpannerMonkey that are also placed on Laythe. 

Im also working a extention to KK add MapDecals to alter the terrain and maybe recoloring the surface area. (like around the KSC or the pyramids)

18 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

if the model is set up correty, KK can place the current MissionFlag to any named quad. 

On 2/12/2018 at 11:58 PM, Jack5.exe said:

As others have said, I could set this up to use the mission flag, so that you could change it in game.

I'm not sure If it will look great for some players. If a player uses a logo with a transparent background as their mission flag it would look fine. But "full" rectangular flags with no transparencies will look like someone has draped a rug over the landing pad.

I may include a mission flag based version as an option. But it's not a priority.

I would recommend you edit the file called "logoburn.dds" and replace it with your own logo. If you need any help with that, just ask!

Edited by Omega482

On 15/02/2018 at 6:32 PM, Neil_Kerman said:

Can i copy a little bit from this mod for my WIP mod? I promise i will give you all credits, and if you want a donate button for you then i will do that also.

Private message me with what elements you were thinking of using.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:03 PM, Omega482 said:

As others have said, I could set this up to use the mission flag, so that you could change it in game.

I'm not sure If it will look great for some players. If a player uses a logo with a transparent background as their mission flag it would look fine. But "full" rectangular flags with no transparencies will look like someone has draped a rug over the landing pad.

I may include a mission flag based version as an option. But it's not a priority.

I would recommend you edit the file called "logoburn.dds" and replace it with your own logo. If you need any help with that, just ask!

K I added my image (logoburn.dds) on it and all I got was a white box in game

Know any solution?

You need to set up an alpha channel. Otherwise, the logo won't be transparent. Are you using photoshop?
Basically, the material for the logo is set up so that any areas with a low alpha value are made transparent. That way only the logo will show up rather than a white box

Here's a quick guide for photoshop.
8YAy4IY.png

Edited by Omega482

20 hours ago, Omega482 said:

You need to set up an alpha channel. Otherwise, the logo won't be transparent. Are you using photoshop?
Basically, the material for the logo is set up so that any areas with a low alpha value are made transparent. That way only the logo will show up rather than a white box

In order to get a better looking (in my opinion) scorch mark, I would leave the burn marks out of the RGB layers. Leaving just the gray logo surrounded by black. Then, in the alpha layer, leave the alpha of the scorch marks. The result will leave the burns true black, but still have the detail of the scorch mark texture from the alpha.

Are there supposed to be other buildings as well? At the moment all I have are the landing pads, although there are two files 'combined building3 Emissive' and 'combined building3' which look like they are for a building. It could be that I'm just not noticing any other changes.

16 minutes ago, Skylon said:

Are there supposed to be other buildings as well? At the moment all I have are the landing pads, although there are two files 'combined building3 Emissive' and 'combined building3' which look like they are for a building. It could be that I'm just not noticing any other changes.

Coming soon. They are not done yet.

Edited by Omega482

On 11/02/2018 at 9:46 AM, Cdodders said:

Will it help with inaccurate MJ?

Having problems with accurate suicide burn landings? It's pretty complicated, so sometimes MJ doesn't always get it right. You could switch to manual or try to program it with kOS. Scott Manley has a great video on why it's so difficult.

On 2/18/2018 at 5:15 PM, Omega482 said:

8YAy4IY.png

Sorry for late response, I use gimp, I've made the logo and I kinda see the burn mark through it, but it's just a white box (ingame)

Edited by Jack5.exe

On 22/02/2018 at 11:15 PM, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Having problems with accurate suicide burn landings? It's pretty complicated, so sometimes MJ doesn't always get it right. You could switch to manual or try to program it with kOS. Scott Manley has a great video on why it's so difficult.

MJ is ok with azimuth (left/right), not so good with trajectory

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

I'm stuck on 1.3, could you release for that version too?

Also, @Eskandare, the vehicles are just props.

It's not hard to make the vehicles drivable. The crane can use USI construction module. Right now, Kerbal Konstructs is stuck in 1.3.1 at the moment until @Ger_space  is able to make it work correctly in 1.4. Also, even if there is a 1.4 version of KK, the KK models should work in 1.3.1 as well.

Edited by Eskandare

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.