[WIP] Omega482's Dev thread - Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required >> ALPHA NOW AVAILABLE <<

Omega482

Hello All,

Here's some tasty development updates. This is the first vertical assembly building I would like to show you. The LC41 VIF

74UzUFs.png
E0BI670.png

This design is a kerbalised version of the Atlas 5 vertical integration facility, A real-life building at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
ynAo521.png

This Is a small to medium size VAB, Its about 3/4 the height of the KSC lvl3 VAB.

On 11/20/2018 at 10:10 AM, Omega482 said:

Hello All,

Here's some tasty development updates. This is the first vertical assembly building I would like to show you. The LC41 VIF
-snip-
-snip-

This design is a kerbalised version of the Atlas 5 vertical integration facility, A real-life building at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.
-kersnippety-

This Is a small to medium size VAB, Its about 3/4 the height of the KSC lvl3 VAB.

Another tasty update from this big tease. :P Can't wait for release, but I understand the need for further development first. Also, is the flag on this structure available for us to use? I like the way it looks and would like to use it in one of my saves.

Edited by Mister_Spaceman

On the topic of VABs; Here is another one, much chunkier this time. Let me introduce you to the SMAB.

INJjf82.png

41oM1tG.png

Again this is a building based on a real-life building at KSC Florida. Its officially called the Solid Motor Assembly Building (SMAB) and was constructed to be part of the Titan ITL complex.

teSOevi.jpgKa9CMtt.jpgsvYF9zW.jpg

Recently the SMAB was repurposed as a payload integration facility by SpcaeX due to it still having usable cleanrooms.However I don't think it's being used by spacex anymore as the SMAB was damaged in Oct 2016
dhQCWfZ.jpg

1 hour ago, Mister_Spaceman said:

What size will it be? What dimensions /weight will it be able to support?  

So the SMAB is just a little smaller than the lvl2 VAB and a little bigger than the lvl1. The door is about 50 meters tall. Currently KK doesn't support size and weight restrictions, maybe sometime in the future? Also, I think its the launchpad level that defines how big a rocket can be launched? We will see. Here's a few pics for scale:
k4Iykc7.pngDUY9Rk3.png

1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

Are there any horizontal integration buildings planned, like this one?

You should watch this space. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Hello Again!

I guess its time for another little update? Let's have a look at this fella. He's called the SMARF (Solid Motor Assembly and Readiness Facility)
E7GEwQs.png

I know it looks like a big chunky box, but again, this is based on a real assembly building used by NASA. The real-life SMARF was a later addition to the ITL system and used to assemble the Titan IVB.
U6ToLNR.jpgDtivvsC.png

The SMAB and the SMARF are located really close to each other at the cape, connected by the same piece of road. I felt that I couldn't do one without the other.
It was a challenge making the SMARF look pretty, Its got a lot of flat boring walls and is basically a big box. I'm pleased with how it turned out. 

bRaySCz.pngiiR8Lpi.jpg

I plan to have these two as the same kind of size class, the SMARF model is a little taller, but not by much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.