[WIP] Omega482's Dev thread - Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required >> ALPHA NOW AVAILABLE <<

Omega482

23 hours ago, Plecy75 said:

Any chance of getting a prerelease version to play with? These are really awesome!

I've been wanting that too. @Omega482 these models look amazing, and I can't wait to try and use them RSS/RO (albeit at an edited scale)

Prerelease would be amazing, if that's able to be done!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 4:41 PM, Initial-Dee said:

I've been wanting that too. @Omega482 these models look amazing, and I can't wait to try and use them RSS/RO (albeit at an edited scale)

Prerelease would be amazing, if that's able to be done!

@Omega482 A beta release would be amazing because then we can test it to see if it works with other kk mods. (TSC) *Cough cough* an excuse to play with them *cough couch*.

Hello Readers,

I've had a busy holiday season. I'm still working on OSS, but development has slowed a little due to some real life things.
But I'm happy to show you some more things, and boy. This is one of my favourites. Disclaimer, this model has been done for a while now... I don't think I've teased it before.

TltCM0A.png

YES! That's right. The actual NASA VAB but in Kerbal style! A four-bay VAB for all of your rocket building needs! Should be plenty roomy enough to assemble four full Saturn stacks. I'm calling it the tier 4 VAB becasue its a significant size upgrade vs the stock tier 3 VAB.

SQFcba9.pngJIF8Jz4.png

YG11Cgy.jpg

As with all of my buildings, it's not an exact replica of the IRL VAB. It's more of a what if Kerbals built this building in their own style. So there are some differences.
I actually got to visit Florida in December and see the VAB close up. I was awed by the size of it. I think it is my favourite building in the world and it was so great to see it in person.

gQLj4wV.png

Here's an in-game screenshot, courtesy of @damonvv

If you were really eagle-eyed and paying attention you may have noticed this VAB in the KSP community rewind video also made by @damonvv, if not, please check it out. You can see the VAB at about 01:00. BTW damonvv is helping me alpha test the buildings in a private release, I haven't publically released these buildings yet.

This is a little comparison of the four Assembly buildings. You can really see the difference in scales for these buildings.

wRbzD7r.png

I can see several people asking for an alpha release. I think this would be a great thing to do soon. I'm getting to be happy with the variety of buildings in the mod. I still have some buildings I want to showcase to you guys.

Edited by Omega482

What's this? an...

ALPHA RELEASE - OSS:NTR 0.0.12

MYylHUi.png

Yes, You heard right. I think I'm happy to finally let you play around with the buildings. You've been asking for it! Now you can have it! I'm inviting you guys to test it out for me.

Please Keep in mind that this is an ALPHA release, This isn't going to be bug-free or feature complete at all! This is an invitation to test the statics and help me build a better mod. If you come across any problems, let me know on here and I'll try and fix them.

Oh, there's a bunch of stuff that you've probably not seen in here btw,

>>DOWNLOAD THE ALPHA HERE<<
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you're going to try these out in game, I would really recommend that you download KSC Extended. Its a pre-deployed set of statics so you can play right away!

ZNZDwXt.png

Its a collaborative effort between me and @damonvv to bring you a cool extended KSC complex. Damonvv did a whole lot of legwork to get this working and it really is a fantastic space centre. It requires you to download Damonvv's mod Tundra's Space Center. This adds the awesome launch pads he's been working on.

Edited by Omega482

21 hours ago, Omega482 said:

What's this? an...

ALPHA RELEASE - OSS:NTR 0.0.12

MYylHUi.png

I'm so excited! I wish I could give it two likes! Or even three! Downloading now, and hoping that KK is up-to-date. I hope you had a good holiday season, and that Santa treated you well. You certainly treated us with the alpha release.

1 minute ago, SquaredSpekz said:

Hi, awesome mod. I fell into the ground here. 

Hi, oh dear. Well, that launchpad isn't created by me. It's from Tundra's Space center. You could go and post this over at @damonvv's thread

All of the additional launchpads are from Tundra's Space center.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.