[WIP] Omega482's Dev thread - Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required >> ALPHA NOW AVAILABLE <<

Omega482

9 hours ago, StrongRobert said:

-Snip-

It looks like module manager isn't running properly. When MM runs it should generate a bunch of cache files and puts them in that folder. Like the image below.

lnRwucu.png

So that basically tells us that module manager hasn't run properly. If module manager isn't running properly the textures can't be allocated properly resulting in grey looking buildings.

Could you delete that copy of module manager and install the latest version of the .dll from here

Edited by Omega482

@Omega482, thanks for the tip on adding Variants to your statics. With a couple of MM patches I've got the right stuff to almost finish my take on the Mahia Launch Complex. It works greats for all the buildings I've tried so far, but with the straight road sections it doesn't work, because the gutters and pipes remain. Do you recall what the transform name is for those? Actually it would be cool to have just the pipes alone as well.

2 hours ago, Nightside said:

...the gutters and pipes remain. Do you recall what the transform name is for those? Actually it would be cool to have just the pipes alone as well.

The gutters are "model_combined" and "model_dirt". The pipes are "model_pad_pipes". Glad you're having fun with it. Be careful, disabling the mesh in the model won't disable the collider, you'll still bump into the pipes if you hit them.

Edited by Omega482

20 minutes ago, Omega482 said:

The gutters are "model_combined" and "model_dirt". The pipes are "model_pad_pipes". Glad you're having fun with it. Be careful, disabling the mesh in the model won't disable the collider, you'll still bump into the pipes if you hit them.

I discovered that! Well hopefully the pipes will be sufficiently buried. It just occurred to me that I might be able to use Sarbian's DebugStuff to view the names of the transforms myself so I don't have to bug you!

8 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

@Omega482 I really liked the textures of your old, triple landing pad, with the KSP logo on it. Any chance you could put that (as a variant?) on the new, single pads as well?

Hi infinite_monkey. So I really would like to stick to the "no textures required" part of this mod (for now), it keeps it nice and lightweight. However, I can see this being a popular request. I will try and sort something out for you, likely as an optional patch of some kind.

On 2/7/2019 at 4:10 PM, Omega482 said:

Debug stuff would work to find the mesh names.
Personally, I don't mind being bugged by nice people. If you want to share any pictures of your launch center I'd love to see them!

Presenting the Mahia Launch Complex in New Zealand. I think all the statics are OSS, the geography is developed from real elevation data, and the latitude on Kerbin . I'll share a download soon. Thanks @Omega482 and @Ger_space for these toys!

Based on this.

Image result for rocketlab launch complex 1

In game.

screenshot20screenshot21

4 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Presenting the Mahia Launch Complex in New Zealand. I think all the statics are OSS, the geography is developed from real elevation data, and the latitude on Kerbin . I'll share a download soon. Thanks @Omega482 and @Ger_space for these toys!

This looks fantastic :) Could you provide a close-up look of the launchpad? Which one is it? And how did you make that curved sandy area?

7 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

This looks fantastic :) Could you provide a close-up look of the launchpad? Which one is it? And how did you make that curved sandy area?

I will post some better pics later- I failed to save the screenshots I took.

the curved area is the grass on the sides of the curved road- color matched to the ksc dirt runway (sorta).

Wow! That is fantastic! Awesome stuff!

Oh btw, I was thinking about the mesh names. Take a look at the OSS_MM_patch.cfg file. It's basically a list of all the mesh names and which internal texture they should use. It might help.

You better have this mod installed! That launch site looks absolutely beautiful! 

I'm getting error messages like these in the logfile:

[LOG 00:28:14.676] Load(Model): OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/ControlTowerSmall
[ERR 00:28:14.685] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/model_airport_metal_01' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.685] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/ksc_exterior_terrain_asphalt' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.685] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/model_vab_exterior_lines_01' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.686] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/model_vab_exterior_props_01' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.686] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/model_vab_exterior_details_01' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.686] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/model_vab_exterior_tile_05_glass' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.686] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/model_vab_exterior_tile_05_glass_emissive' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.686] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/grass2' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.687] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/ksc_exterior_terrain_tile_01' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.687] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/robs roof big' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.687] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/model_vab_exterior_tile_00' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.687] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/model_vab_exterior_tile_01' not found!
[ERR 00:28:14.687] Texture 'OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/ksc_fx_flare_wide_02' not found!

3 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

I'm getting error messages like these in the logfile:

[LOG 00:28:14.676] Load(Model): OSSNTR/Statics/Airport/ControlTowerSmall/ControlTowerSmall
...etc..

Don't worry about those. They are totally expected. They are due to OSSNTR using the interior textures.

I build the models using those textures. The textures are not distributed with the mod (they belong to SQUAD), and so on initial load, the game checks the model and can't find the texture, boom error! However, once KK is loaded it links up all the meshes with the correct in-game texture. No problemo.

I could maybe get rid of the error messages by using a dummy 2x2 texture. But it would be a pain rewriting all the cfgs.

In short, don't worry. Everything  is nominal.

7 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

screenshot32

The Electron launch pad is so tiny I had to fake it in with a little square utility building , a Universal Launch Point and a launch clamp. If anyone knows of a better model for this pad let me know. I've got some more pics and a download link over here:

1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

Is there a github or something for pre-made complexes?

I don't think so, yet. Check out Tundra Space Center and KSC Extended to get the awesome new KSC. I'm hoping to see other launch sites based on real ones, like Vandenberg, Kodiak, Mid-Atlantic, etc. I'd even love to see a new Kosmodrome, but with OSS and the ability to use the Russian launch hardware from MLP.

After playing around with the mod for a bit I have some ideas for you! 

• WW2 era hangars etc, things with dirt for their ground texture if you get the general idea, something like a Lvl 0 building. 
  • Custom taxiways! A bit like roads, but instead taxiways, this could also include levels, so like a dirt taxiway for Lvl 0 and a fully fledged concrete taxiway for Lvl 3.
  • Terminals etc from airports, I'd think they would be a rather nice addition. ^^
  • As you probably know by now, something like a Lvl 0 static pack. 
  • Concrete fillers, these are slightly like the custom taxiways. Though are just rectangular fillers etc, a bit like the hexagonal/triangular fillers we already have.
  • This may be a bit too micro-detail, but maybe even fences and that. :D
Edited by Sebastiaz

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.