[WIP] Omega482's Dev thread - Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required >> ALPHA NOW AVAILABLE <<

Omega482

On 2/27/2019 at 9:55 AM, Gameslinx said:

Forgive me if this has already been asked before, I did a little search and couldn't find anything - either that or I'm blind.

Are these upgradable for use with career mode? IE: By right clicking > upgrade?

There are some Tier 4 building in here, but I’m not sure if Kerbal Konstructs even allows that.

Not sure if this is a KK thing or OSS Alpha thing, but I had a plane parked directly inside of a hangar (the small ones that come with the mod), and the hangar said that there were no nearby vehicles to store, or something along those lines. Is there somewhere that I can set the radius that it detects crafts in, or is it not ready yet? I doubt it, but perhaps a bug? Was there simply something I missed? I'm sure that I'm just doing something wrong, but whatever the case may be, thanks for your time and have a good day, night, or whatever time it may be for the reader of this. :)

16 hours ago, Mister_Spaceman said:

Not sure if this is a KK thing or OSS Alpha thing, but I had a plane parked directly inside of a hangar (the small ones that come with the mod), and the hangar said that there were no nearby vehicles to store, or something along those lines. Is there somewhere that I can set the radius that it detects crafts in, or is it not ready yet? I doubt it, but perhaps a bug? Was there simply something I missed? I'm sure that I'm just doing something wrong, but whatever the case may be, thanks for your time and have a good day, night, or whatever time it may be for the reader of this. :)

Kerbal Konstructs requires that the vehicle be empty before putting it in the hanger.

Having never used Kerbal Konstructs before, I saw your mod and figured I'd give it a try.

1) K&K as a base mod really needs instructions on how to bring up menus. Not directed at OP at all but that was annoying to have to figure out.

2) Standard height scaling for the statics. Trying to get stuff to be level was time consuming, and did not match between objects. For instance, some statics required a height of 14.89 or so to be level with the stock KSC. Other pieces needed a height of 24 or so. Consistancy would be a nice if possible. 

3) Adding some airfield apron tiles would be awesome. It would allow creating customizable easements taxiways to and from runways and hangars.

Edited for clarity and additions.

4) Swappable variants for the roads. The ditches and pipes are a nice touch, but not always wanted or needed.

I like the stockalike feel of this package. Outside of the obtuse, unwieldy controls and lack of in-game documentation for K&K itself, you've done an outstanding job reading and mimicking Squad's stylization. I'm looking forward to more of your work.

Edited by sharpspoonful
Adding more comments

On 3/8/2019 at 3:00 AM, Nivee~ said:

Nice mod! However, whenever I am trying to place a building, it is asking for a 'Local group center' How do I fix that?

In the KerbalKonstructs menu - [GROUP]>[CREATE NEW] or something like that. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2018 at 7:48 PM, Omega482 said:

u4gKjFg.png
Observatory complex assembled. Still needs the smaller details like vents and auxiliary buildings.

I would like to point out that this telescope won't be able to look straight up at the zenith unless you extend the doors all the way past the top of the dome.

If you're taking any suggestions, a geodesic dome structure like the Amundsen-Scott dome in Antarctica would be really useful for bases both on and off Kerbin. (And hopefully as simple to model as tacking a standard concrete and yellow garage door onto a geodesic sphere?).

This is a fantastic mod! 

I just started playing around with OSS NTR, and I'm impressed with the statics implemented so far.

I did notice (to my mild disappointment) that the large spaceplane hangars in the current alpha release seem to be based on the white-and-red versions from the Island Airfield, rather than the Tier 3 SPH at the main KSC. For visual consistency, would you consider also making placeable statics of the Tier 3 SPHs? (Both single and double variants).

Also, in case you're still open to new ideas, what about the following?

• Generic staff amenities / on-site accommodation building (medium to large hex)
  • Carpark with entrance/security building (large hex)
  • Entrance/exit to underground metro/subway station (small to medium hex)

EDIT: As an addendum to the Tier 3 SPH request, I did place copies of the vanilla SPH on the other side of my runway, but they had odd-shaped tiles rather than the standard hex, and they all came with control towers, which I'm hoping not to duplicate.

So perhaps a couple of OSS NTR replicas of Tier 3 SPH, but without the towers? You could probably even make them be symmetric and without the side buildings, so players can put several side-by-side.

• 3 weeks later...

Just Installed this and I love it.   I can finally build the Launch Complex I want the way I want it.  

Suggestion.    Some tarmac or taxiway tiles would be nice. (with blue lights if possible)    Ones wide enough to take the larger Mk 3 planes and to allow for something like a real airport 

On 5/22/2019 at 4:12 PM, pizzahat said:

Could someone tell me how to download this? ( I have Konstructs installed.) 

go to the link on the first page of the post (or this one too https://spacedock.info/mod/2061/Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required )

unzip the folder, and then open the GameData folder.

copy or drag over the folder titled OSSNTR to your Kerbal Space Program Gamedata folder.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It would really be nice to see some office buildings, condos and other more mundane structures in this pack, perhaps derived from the more square parts of the R&D buildings. If they're done correctly it could allow random users to tile low effort cities together to blow up.

However I don't think Omega482 has been on the forum since February...?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.