[WIP] Omega482's Dev thread - Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required >> ALPHA NOW AVAILABLE <<

Omega482

13 minutes ago, Tangle said:

There should be an option or editing grass color in the ctrl-K menu. I suggest changing the preset to something different and then picking grass color, which tends to get a good color for me.

I did this , anything with grass gets shiny.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Astra Infinitum said:

Anyone know where i can get the stock textures for the buildings like <snip>  uses on these buildings?

Yeah, they are loaded from the stock assetbundles in the /KSP_x64_Data in the main KSP folder. Unfortunately, they arent as easy to access as textures in /GameData.

You have to find a way open them, and if you were to use them on your models, you would have to unpck them, so you could UV unwrap your models to them.
Just know that in the end, it it is against the KSP license to include the actual textures or any part of them, in any form, *publicly*.

"The way" to apply them in game is the Advanced textures module of Kerbal Konstructs.

The unpack so you can UVmap we can't discuss, but once you have a .mu file thats UV mapped for the textures, you have to tell the Advanced textures module which transform and which texture and it automagically slaps it on for you.

17 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Have no idea why you tagged me... but if you want to reference stock textures, try referencing the stock game textures???

I've seen you comment around forums and seemed like you might have known where something like textures of the buildings would be... and also i always see the "Planetary Texturing Guide" so i figured you might know, but I tagged a few people bc it looks like @Omega482 has been through in a bit and being he noted that his buildings used stock textures and he used them in his video (applied to building side during modeling) so i figure they have to be somewhere.

13 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Yeah, they are loaded from the stock assetbundles in the /KSP_x64_Data in the main KSP folder. Unfortunately, they arent as easy to access as textures in /GameData.

You have to find a way open them, and if you were to use them on your models, you would have to unpck them, so you could UV unwrap your models to them.
Just know that in the end, it it is against the KSP license to include the actual textures or any part of them, in any form, *publicly*.

Would TU's UVexport work for those or no since they are not in GameData? I also have the .mu import/export plugin for blender I could attempt pulling it from these

Edited by Astra Infinitum

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 5:00 AM, Poodmund said:

@Omega482, I presume that because you are aiming for the flexibility and modularity of being able to place a pre-fabbbed Space Center anywhere on a body that you are setting up the KK configs on a PQS flattened area much like the vanilla KSC uses a MapDecalTangent or the Pyramids use a FlattenArea module? If so, it'll make it much easier for other developers/users to place down the asset group without it clipping the ground plane.

It could also be an idea to use a PQSMod such as:

FlattenArea
{
    flattenTo = 0
    innerRadius = 2500
    outerRadius = 2501
    position = 0,0,0
    smoothEnd = 0
    smoothStart = 0
    order = 99999
    enabled = True
    name = FlattenCenter
    index = 0
}

... to flatten the area at the 0,0 Long/Lat coordinates and build out the complex there as it then may be easier to write the KK patches or SDtoKK patches as a result as it would give a very easily identifiable Static Group position. Just some idle thoughts. :D 

The assets look amazing by the way. I particularly love the Shuttle Hanger.

is that a kopernicus config or KK? or something else? I always wondered if there was an easier way to make a large flat area other than doing a mapdecal in KK with the allBlack mapdecal. If theres another way or if thats what you're referring to, plz point me in any direction where i can see how to go about doing that

On 4/22/2023 at 12:24 PM, Astra Infinitum said:

is that a kopernicus config or KK? or something else? I always wondered if there was an easier way to make a large flat area other than doing a mapdecal in KK with the allBlack mapdecal. If theres another way or if thats what you're referring to, plz point me in any direction where i can see how to go about doing that

Pqsmods is kopernicus, but you will have to dive in to the wiki to learn more. Not sure I would call it easier. KK has the advantage of being a GUI rather than config based.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.