[WIP] Omega482's Dev thread - Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required >> ALPHA NOW AVAILABLE <<

Omega482

On 25.3.2018 at 11:24 PM, DracoSilverpath said:

Soo, silly question here but...how is this a downloadable and usable 1.4.1 mod, when Konstructs itself is stated as not compatible for 1.4? Or is this more of a "its ready for 1.4.1 whenever the dependancies are updated" sort of thing?

This mod is neither downloadable or is kerbal konstructs currently (fully) supported with 1.4.x 

There is only a preview release for 1.4, that's all. 

Omega is busy creating new models and as soon he thinks he is finished he will release it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 10:10 PM, Omega482 said:

[WIP] O Dev thread do Omega482 - edifícios semelhantes ao estilo e uma plataforma de pouso estilo SpaceX.

Bem-vindo, neste tópico, você encontrará as coisas que estou trabalhando atualmente. Eu costumo fazer prédios de stock-a-like para o KerbalKonstructs . Eu quero trazer-lhe uma seleção de edifícios para que você possa construir seu próprio KSC stock-a-like onde quiser.

Todas as texturas são riscadas no photoshop e modelos em asas 3d. Eu tentei chegar o mais perto possível do estoque.

Eu não estou associado ao KK e não trabalho na manutenção do KK, eu simplesmente faço estatísticas que podem ser usadas com o KK. Então eu não posso realmente ajudar com bugs KK.

>>> ESTA É UMA LINHA DEV, EU POSSO LIBERAR ALGUNS MODELOS AQUI MAS, MAS, SEU MATERIAL DE WIP, E NÃO DISPONÍVEL PARA LIBERTAÇÃO >>>

TALVEZ VOCÊ PODERIA ME AJUDAR? Estou procurando alguém para ajudar a escrever um plugin que acenda minhas luzes à noite. Tudo o que precisa fazer é acionar uma animação emissiva. Me mande uma mensagem ou poste aqui se você acha que pode ajudar.

Aqui estão algumas coisas que tenho trabalhado:

nXkCmnU.png

miURuwO.pngiTPT94o.png

ALMOFADA DE ESPAÇAMENTO SPACEX STYLE

DbNSdFk.jpg

Parece que houve algum interesse em uma estática que eu compartilhei com @damonvv para testes beta. Você pode obter sua própria cópia atualizada aqui! Requer o Konstructs do Kerbal.

- -> DOWNLOAD LINK <- -
 Enquanto você está nisso, é melhor baixar um belo Stockalike Falcon 9 da Tundra Exploration by Damonvv para pousar nessa coisa.

Este é o primeiro mod que eu trabalhei. Eu nunca tinha modelado em 3D antes de 6 meses atrás. Eu aprendi tudo o que sei de @Beale 's modding tutorial.

Desde que eu sou tão noob eu provavelmente vai precisar de ajuda com algumas coisas em algum momento.

Oh, olhe mais lindas.

WAeOxv4.pnggewqsVj.png

I5gnc1G.jpgtN5XyOi.png

On 1/20/2018 at 10:10 PM, Omega482 said:

It may seem silly, maybe even xD, but it would be very good a ladder that leads to the roof of the VAB from the ground, it may be in the back of the building for anyone to see, it just needs to exist lol. Helipad if there is no direct access by a ladder? Since you can not get inside the building. : P I really loved your project, I even think your buildings are even better and more innovative than the original ones, a matter of view that the Squad people did not see, even if it was version 1.4.4 of the game. Please continue the incredible work, I really want to use your mod.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:20 PM, Omega482 said:

wyjHe8f.jpg

Aqui está uma pequena foto de família!
A boa notícia é que acabei de mudar todos os modelos da imagem acima para o novo conjunto de texturas. Como subproduto disso, também consegui reduzir significativamente a contagem de polígonos nos modelos! talvez por cerca de 1k polys por modelo.

First of all great work I found amazing! = D

Hey, I have some questions!

1 ° - How would it be to position these pieces to build a base on the moon or any other planet? Will there be anything similar to the extraplanetary launchpads for this? [Of course, in case it is possible to place these parts outside Kerbin]

2 - Can it work as other mission controls on other planets and moons in the future?

3 - Will the pieces have any use? Or are they going to be completely static? [Example: Could antennas work with other mods like RemoteTech or Radar? Or resource reservoirs as fuel for direct transfer]

4 - In the possibility of having hangars, taking advantage of the question about functionality, while there is V.A.B and S.P.H where the buildings are made the hangars could serve to load the crafts of S.P.H and something would be VERY useful.

• 3 weeks later...

Does KK not work on other planets? Never tried it :-D

But I think placing buildings on other planets makes only sense for landing pads and buildings like these:

SpaceX%252BMoon%252BBase%252BAlpha.jpg&f

I imagine these "3D-printed" using material found on site.

That could be simulated by converting buildings to parts, which could then be built on site using the Ground Construction mod.

Hello, I like this a lot. I have nothing against KK, I just avoid it for now to help with my PC resource hogging ;) (i like to use many mods) Are the landing pads testable? I was hoping to find a download link. but alas :). I figure youre still working on models n such, take your time bro!  Would be pretty cool to try out the pads tho. anyways, I look forward to seeing an official release. no rush.

I like the color scheme you have going on btw. looks pretty sleek! I think it would be neat if the buildings in KK could inherit your color scheme too, but I have no idea how feasible that is, seems like a lot of hassle lol. Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Guys, I guess I should stop neglecting this thread and actually answer some questions. I'm still working on things and have put a lot of time into re-vamping all the statics.
Here goes answering questions:

On 10/8/2018 at 2:35 AM, Trekkie148 said:

Download link please?

This mod is in heavy development at the moment, so the buildings are not really ready for release. The spacex landing pad is avaliable. And a new update for that is ready... more on that later.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:18 AM, TeslaPenguin1 said:

Hmm... Is it currently possible to get the medium VAB (and some of the other stuffs)?

The medium VAB is gone, baby. That's been scrapped but there'll be bigger and better things instead ;)

On 7/18/2018 at 3:12 AM, Jesusthebird said:

...Are the landing pads testable? I was hoping to find a download link. but alas :)....

There should be a link on the first post, I'll check that it still works.

On 7/17/2018 at 8:27 PM, infinite_monkey said:

Does KK not work on other planets? Never tried it :-D

But I think placing buildings on other planets makes only sense for landing pads and buildings like these:

KK *does* work on other planets, You will be able to place whatever you like on any celestial body. Keep in mind that buildings with windows are not vacuum rated ;)

On 6/26/2018 at 1:09 PM, Catatau_27 said:

1 ° - How would it be to position these pieces to build a base on the moon or any other planet? Will there be anything similar to the extraplanetary launchpads for this? [Of course, in case it is possible to place these parts outside Kerbin]

2 - Can it work as other mission controls on other planets and moons in the future?

3 - Will the pieces have any use? Or are they going to be completely static? [Example: Could antennas work with other mods like RemoteTech or Radar? Or resource reservoirs as fuel for direct transfer]

4 - In the possibility of having hangars, taking advantage of the question about functionality, while there is V.A.B and S.P.H where the buildings are made the hangars could serve to load the crafts of S.P.H and something would be VERY useful.

1: You can place these on any planet or moon. You can't place them on asteroids.
2: KerbalKonstructs will now move the KSC menu camera to the last place you launched. So if you launch from the mun it will show your mun base. However, these buildings aren't really designed to look right on other bodies they look better on kerbin.

3: So this is just an asset pack for KerbalKonstructs, Konstructs can let the *player* set up a whole load of things. Some pieces have uses: you can launch from launchpads, recover vehicles at landing pads. You can set up the antennas as ground stations compatible with the stock comms. I'm fairly sure you can setup fuel tanks too.
4. You can set the VAB and hangars up as clickable, they will take you to the normal build menus. From there you can launch t any launchpad or runway.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:11 PM, Capt. James T. Kirman said:

Perhaps you can make a version of the landing pad for Duna, ala SpaceX's plans for a Mars colony around their ITS?

The updated landing pad will be compatible with Duna. It will be using KK new color module for matching grass colors.

So, development news.
Lets look at some of the things i've been working on; Let's start with the new landing pad, Or should I say landing padS

NjC3p4W.png

That's right, three brand new revamped landing pads. Much more Spacex like. All include animated day/night lights. They can be set up as recovery sites, so you'll get a sweet %100 funds from whatever you land.

R8yXzGi.pngn2HTqPy.pngwbNfCul.png

These can be released very very soon, maybe this evening actually? Right what's next? How about the radio antenna mast?

6MbanHz.png

Totally re-done. Now features climable platforms and a basejump point at the top! Great for parachuting off!

BNYmf3R.png

How about something else? Here's three new building complexes. An orbiter processing complex (left), A payload intergration building (right) and a science research complex (back).

04FPFMT.png

There have been some important behind the scene changes with the mod. It now uses KerbalKonstructs GrasColor module. That means that there are ingame setting to change the grass color and even an auto-color mode.
All the statics have a day night cycle now. meaning they'll light up at night and shut off during the day.

That's enough teasing for today I think. I'm going to go an update the first thread post with some more pictures of things, so if you want more teasers, look there.

Edited by Omega482

Just a note to people questioning about putting statics on other planets.
PC1WN4i.pngWhX2B41.png

It should work just fine. BTW this is with no texture switching. New versions of kerbal constructs can automatically change the grass color for you (or you can do it manually)

Awesome WIP updates! Thanks for keeping us in the loop with your progress. I also like how you've redone the front page with more information. I will patiently be waiting for more content releases but take all the time you need. These will clearly be well worth it.

Also, the short example video you made about how these models are created was interesting to watch. I was surprised at first you were using sketchup but then I remembered that's how the KSC buildings were redone back in the day. 

I love the new landing pads :) 

Just a couple of things:

The heading seems wrong. It's consistent between the different launchpads, but setting the heading to 270 (I think 90 or even 0 should be correct, in order to match the orientation of the rest of KSC) doesn't align the accessing streets to an east/west orientation. I need to set it to something like 255 in order to achieve that.

When clicking "Snap to Terrain", it has an offset of 65.78... I don't know if that's an issue of KK or of this mod.

Also, grass color is a bit different than the grass around the pad. Sometimes darker, sometimes brighter. It seems to depends on the exact spot where I place it. Any tips on how to fix that?

58 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

The heading seems wrong. It's consistent between the different launchpads, but setting the heading to 270 (I think 90 or even 0 should be correct, in order to match the orientation of the rest of KSC) doesn't align the accessing streets to an east/west orientation. I need to set it to something like 255 in order to achieve that.

As in, the heading when you spawn the static does not line up with the KSC?

59 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

When clicking "Snap to Terrain", it has an offset of 65.78... I don't know if that's an issue of KK or of this mod.

I will investigate this. I can offset the Static to allow it to sit on the ground when using snap to terrain.

1 hour ago, infinite_monkey said:

Also, grass color is a bit different than the grass around the pad. Sometimes darker, sometimes brighter. It seems to depends on the exact spot where I place it. Any tips on how to fix that?

I have the perfect solution to this. I will include this in the first post aswell. Here it is.
Ov6mIhG.png

1. Place your static wherever you would like it to be.
  2. Disable Auto GrassColor by clicking on the light.
  3. Four boxes should appear. Enter R: 0.48 G: 0.535 B: 0.22 A: 0.5
  4. Enjoy your matching grass color.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.