[WIP] Omega482's Dev thread - Omega's Stockalike Structures: No Textures Required >> ALPHA NOW AVAILABLE <<

Omega482

5 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Otherwise, are you going to try to position these buildings in a way that fits with Lack's KSC+? It seems tough but if you can move some of his parts then it's doable perhaps

Getting support for KSC++ right away is impossible with the amount of roads/fences/trees that KSC++ adds. Once the full release is out I'm willing to find a fix for KSC++ to move some things around a little as I use it myself too :wink: 

Edited by damonvv

1 minute ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

you want roads to race on, here you go. It's old and it might just work with the recent KK but there might be a patch for 1.3 out, you might have to look around

Tks!

18 minutes ago, Omega482 said:

have had thoughts about making a rover testing Duna Yard but it isn't a high priority. I don't think a space center needs a race track though

Yeah well you get the idea. Somewhere you can test your ground vehicles in. Some proving grounds,  with slopes,  ditches etc would be a nice adition to KSC.  I often send rovers to very far away places only to find out too late that they do not provide the ground clearance (or other atributes) I was thinking they had. 

12 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Can these buildings be destroyed like the standard KSC ones, or is that not a possibility with KK?

Currently no. I think it might be possible. Sometime maybe.

Otherwise, are you going to try to position these buildings in a way that fits with Lack's KSC+? It seems tough but if you can move some of his parts then it's doable perhaps

As Damonvv said, that would be tricky. I do not intend to release compatibility packs for Lacks KSC++. However Kerbal konstructs makes placing and moving statics very easy. So once this pack is out you are welcome to fit my buildings into the KSC++ campus.

Edited by Omega482

On 22-1-2018 at 4:18 PM, Omega482 said:

You better be. You'll be hearing from my lawyer. : P

Yes, as Cobalt said. Ultimately this will be a KK statics pack so that players can build custom space centers wherever. I will recommend to players that they build their own. However, I will probably release a configuration file which adds a few upgrades to the KSC.

As for the vehicle props, I'm afraid I won't be making them into parts. That would require a complete rebuild and a lot of complicated things like getting wheels to work.

Oh Hi Drew, I've made some progress with that. Will give you an update on that soon.

In other news.

Here are some more pics, cause i'm such a tease :wink:
mbxQqYU.jpg

Ever wondered where all the rocket parts are stored?

VgkR2M0.png

Re-model of the antenna ground buildings.

you said this is youre first time modding? Well you must be telling lie's because this is the best stock-alike mod i've ever seen in my life!

i love youre work! It seems that the more screenshots you post, the better it looks! 

1 hour ago, mie mie said:

What? Okay..

Hide contents

9hDGNk0.png7xf2suq.pngFqR3TTJ.png

Yes. Enable colliders in the kk settings. Also, I think you broke the grass... It's not supposed to look like that. Make sure you installed properly with all the correct textures

1 minute ago, mie mie said:

How you enabled lights on pad?

It’s there, just not as bright as what I had earlier in a dev version :) current one looks much better, and fits well with the stock lights.

59 minutes ago, damonvv said:

Она есть, просто не так ярко, как то, что я раньше в dev версию :) текущей выглядит намного лучше, и хорошо вписывается с запасом света.

I somehow, there is no light28fqWQJ.png

These look fabulous! I can see kerbals building up a new launch center somewhere. Just imagine if you had a static that tied into Extraplanetary Launchpads, then you could make vessels in a construction hangar, wheel them out to a pad, and launch them! I know that with KK you can select your launch site on Kerbin, I am thinking in terms of, say, Laythe. Unless KK lets you select a launchpad off world...

Also @Poodmund you mentioned a FlattenArea module, what’s that about? Is that from the stock game?

Kopernicus
{
    Body
    {
        PQS
        {
            Mods
            {
                FlattenArea
                {
                    flattenTo = float
                    innerRadius = float
                    outerRadius = float
                    position = float,float,float
                    smoothEnd = float
                    smoothStart = float
                    order = int
                    enabled = boolean
                    name = string
                    index = int
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Edited by Poodmund

7 hours ago, damonvv said:
7 hours ago, mie mie said:

I somehow, there is no light

Yeah I see, I think someone forgot to put lights on the SpaceDock version :D 

Just uploading a fixed version now.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Unless KK lets you select a launchpad off world...

I think it does?

@Poodmund Hmmm, I would be able to use the terrain color changer from Kopernicus too. sounds like a great idea. That's all sorted using a kopernicus config file right?

8 minutes ago, Omega482 said:

@Poodmund Hmmm, I would be able to use the terrain color changer from Kopernicus too. sounds like a great idea. That's all sorted using a kopernicus config file right?

Well with Koperncius, you can do anything that Kopernicus allows. :wink: I'm not sure what you could implement to such a region specific location at the moment with regards to colouring the terrain... maybe via a LandControl Class.

I've never use Kerbal Konstruct but this make me want to :)

On 21/01/2018 at 1:10 AM, Omega482 said:

MAYBE YOU COULD HELP ME? I'm looking for someone to help write a plugin that will turn my lights on at night. All it needs to do is trigger an emissive animation. Drop me a message or post here if you think you can help.

I may be able to help, I do have some experience turning lights on/off on various circumstances.

If you can send me the details about your mod, I'll look how to hook into Kerbal Konstruct.

35 minutes ago, Youre_avarage_Kerbal said:

any idea when youre gonna release some assets? you know, to plop down with kerbal konstructs.

I should look in the OP, I think one of the assets was on SpaceDock :wink: 

Tu3hC6l.png

9 hours ago, Youre_avarage_Kerbal said:

any idea when youre gonna release some assets? you know, to plop down with kerbal konstructs.

This mod is still in development, hence it being a dev thread. I am nowhere near finished with most of the assets I have shown so far. I still need to make colliders for a most of the statics and create the base tile for a lot of buildings. A proper emissive light system needs to be worked out. I'll then need to make an animation for each and every static.
I haven't even made some of the buildings I'd like to create for the first release. 

There Is a download link to the spacex style pad in the first post though. You could try that out.

Edited by Omega482

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.