[1.4.*] KSP Logitech RGB Control [v1.1.1] [2018-06-02]

battlemoose

LOL... ok i found out why the lighting stayed even when I delete your folder from the gamedata folder.
I use Aurora v0.6.1-dev4 for my  keyboard lighting, to show various things like cpu/ram/gpu usage in windows 10. The software overwrites all lighting and it runs beside the Logitechsoftware to adjust the light. Aurora has a method of excluding programs which use their own lighting and I added the ksp.exe to the exceptions-list, so the lighting from your mod is working. There are no problems at all and everything is working nicely together. The funny thing is, when i delete your mod files, Aurora still saves the "KSP-Logo-Lighting" from your mod xD and when I start any ksp installation on my pc... even the untouched one in the steam folder, the Keyboardlight (in this case Aurora) still remembers the KSP-Logo somethow. Only if i close and reopen Aurora, the Logo doesn't reappear when starting KSP. Also it does only remember the Logo-Lighting and none of the mods other lights of course, because it's not installed obviously. Aurora just saves it in his ram somehow.

Just wanted to let you know... because i think it's kinda funny. :wink:

Unfortunately I just found out another problem...
I just tested this:

Fresh KSP installation (i tried it with 1.3.1 freshly from steam and on my modded 1.4.1 version)
Mods installed:
- Kopernicus (via CKAN) release-1.3.1-7
- ModularFlightIntegrator (via CKAN, needed by Kopernicus) v.1.2.4.0
- Module Manager (via CKAN, needed by Kopernicus) v.3.0.4
- OPM Galileo (via CKAN) v.1.2.5
- Community Terrain Texture Pack (via CKAN, needed by OPM Galileo) v1.0.1

After installing them everything is working as intended. Kopernicus loaded the additional Planets.

Then I put in your KSPLogiRGB v. 1.1 manually into my gamedata folder. --> Lighting is working fine, but somehow it messes up the Kopernicus loading and Kopernicus gives a error message, that it could not load the custom planetary system.

I am not a modmaker, but i am modding games since many years and think that I know some things about the loading of mods and how it works, but i am not a coder and so i can't find out where those two mods "collide" with each other during the loading process. Oh and it is only happening with the new 1.1 version of your mod. Doesn't matter which game version (1.3.1 and 1.4.1 generate the same problem for Kopernicus)

I hope this may help you somehow and it is detailed enough for you to reproduce it and maybe find out what's causing that. Oh and it is only happening with the new 1.1 version of your mod. Doesn't matter which game version (1.3.1 and 1.4.1 generate the same problem for Kopernicus)

10 minutes ago, Dark Necrotic said:

Unfortunately I just found out another problem...
I just tested this:

Fresh KSP installation (i tried it with 1.3.1 freshly from steam and on my modded 1.4.1 version)
Mods installed:
- Kopernicus (via CKAN) release-1.3.1-7
- ModularFlightIntegrator (via CKAN, needed by Kopernicus) v.1.2.4.0
- Module Manager (via CKAN, needed by Kopernicus) v.3.0.4
- OPM Galileo (via CKAN) v.1.2.5
- Community Terrain Texture Pack (via CKAN, needed by OPM Galileo) v1.0.1

After installing them everything is working as intended. Kopernicus loaded the additional Planets.

Then I put in your KSPLogiRGB v. 1.1 manually into my gamedata folder. --> Lighting is working fine, but somehow it messes up the Kopernicus loading and Kopernicus gives a error message, that it could not load the custom planetary system.

I am not a modmaker, but i am modding games since many years and think that I know some things about the loading of mods and how it works, but i am not a coder and so i can't find out where those two mods "collide" with each other during the loading process. Oh and it is only happening with the new 1.1 version of your mod. Doesn't matter which game version (1.3.1 and 1.4.1 generate the same problem for Kopernicus)

I hope this may help you somehow and it is detailed enough for you to reproduce it and maybe find out what's causing that. Oh and it is only happening with the new 1.1 version of your mod. Doesn't matter which game version (1.3.1 and 1.4.1 generate the same problem for Kopernicus)

I’ll investigate SOON™️. But seriously I will follow this up later today. Is there any particular configuration you’re using with Kopernicus?

I did not configure any setting-files if you mean that. Kopernicus was downloaded with ckan and so was OPM Galileo (planetary setup). Everything is set up with default values on all mods. I think it has something to do with how Kopernicus is loading the planetary systems. I also tried it with another planetsystem (Extrasolar Planets) and it gives me the same error message from Kopernicus, when your mod is "on".

Edited by Dark Necrotic

So this is incredibly weird, but it's actually the unit testing framework I introduced that is causing this. It's not included in the release since it's only needed for development, but for some reason it's still packaged as a dependency, and Koperincus expects it to be there and freaks out when it can't find it.

Anyway, download NUnit.3.9.0.nupkg from this URL https://github.com/nunit/nunit/releases/3.9

Once downloaded rename it to NUnit.3.9.0.zip, and copy lib/net35/nunit.framework.dll into your GameData/KSPLogiRGB folder. Kopernicus should work from then on. By the way, Kopernicus has a version checker so won't work with 1.4.1. To get rid of the version warning message for KSPLogiRGB in 1.3.1,  edit the KSPLogitechRGBControl.version file to look like this:

{
  "NAME": "KSP Logitech RGB Control",
  "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/battlemoose/ksp-logirgb/releases",
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 1,
    "PATCH": 0,
    "BUILD": 0
  },
  "KSP_VERSION": {
    "MINOR": 4,
    "PATCH": 1
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
    "MINOR": 3,
    "PATCH": 1
  }
}

I'll look more into stopping NUnit from being packaged with the mod... How odd.

Pinging: @Dark Necrotic, @battlemoose

Edited by RandyTheDev

Interesting...

so by inserting your testing unit, back into your modfolder, kopernicus sees the mod as "complete" and doesn't give an alarm? Maybe you could remove the hook that connects to your testing module in the release version, so kopernicus doesn't even notice that there should be another file. If you know what I mean and try to say with my small base of knowledge in coding (it's nearly "0"). But that is maybe repurposed bovine waste... just an idea.

I really like, that there is someone actually working on this mod and I try to help with testing and give feedback where I can, because good lighting mods like this are pretty rare. I hope you can find out, what's going on. :wink:

btw I will test it with your file tomorrow :wink:

Edited by Dark Necrotic

3 hours ago, Dark Necrotic said:

so by inserting your testing unit, back into your modfolder, kopernicus sees the mod as "complete" and doesn't give an alarm?

That's actually a pretty accurate summary of what's going on! It's not Kopernicus' fault per se, they're using a system library that is causing the issues.

3 hours ago, Dark Necrotic said:

Maybe you could remove the hook that connects to your testing module in the release version, so kopernicus doesn't even notice that there should be another file.

That's actually what I'm planning on doing! It turns out this behaviour is a known missing feature in C#'s build system. I'll move the tests to a separate C# project which should resolve the issue.

Pull request submitted! https://github.com/battlemoose/ksp-logirgb/pull/2

Has some various minor bugfixes.

• Fixed a bug preventing Koperincus from creating the universe. This was caused by the NUnit testing framework being defined as a package for KSP-LogiRGB but was not loadable. This was fixed by moving unit tests into a separate C# project. The main package no longer packages the NUnit testing framework.

• Declared support for KSP 1.3.1. The mod always worked, declaring the support will allow users of older KSP versions to install the mod using CKAN.

• I reorganised the Logitech DLLs (again). The GameData directory should be changed from looking something like this:

• GameData
      • KSPLogiRGB
        • Logitech
          • x64
            • LogitechLedEnginesWrapper.dll
          • x86
            • LogitechLedEnginesWrapper.dll

To something more like this:

• GameData
      • KSPLogiRGB
        • Logitech
          • LogitechLedEnginesWrapper.nativedll.x64
          • LogitechLedEnginesWrapper.nativedll.x86

This change doesn't only simplify the directory structure a bit, it also prevents an error from being logged when KSP tries to load the Logitech DLLs thinking they are KSP mods!

Edited by RandyTheDev

thx for the insights :wink:

I am sure your hotfix is working and there is no need for me to test it anymore, since you already figured out, what the problem was. I can wait for the next release. If you want me to test something just ask :wink:

Edited by Dark Necrotic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Firstly I want to apologise for my lack of presence here and the resulting delays in merging pull requests/responding to questions. I've been overseas for a time and crazy busy with other stuff. I'm looking into ways to avoid delays like this in the future.

@RandyTheDev's latest changes have been merged and the new version should come through on CKAN soon.

18 hours ago, RandyTheDev said:

Ah, did not realise it hadn't been merged. Will reinstall and give it a try.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, RandyTheDev said:

Hey @Beetlecat, it should absolutely work with your G513 :) If you have any issues let me know.

Really??

I tried just dropping it in place as per the instructions, but it didn't seem to do anything. Upon further reading I assumed it's because I didn't have a razor keyboard, but the "newer" g513. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? (I *did* migrate the dll up into the main KSP folder)

Now that I'm thinking of it, I installed it via CKAN - I'll try the manual way next in case the CKAN linked files are old or incorrect.

Thanks @RandyTheDev!

Edited by Beetlecat

• 2 months later...

First off, I love this plugin. I'm wondering how hard it is to modify? I use the EVA enhancements mod to add roll and pitch (Z,X,C, and 2) to the jetpack movements and want them to light up yellow like the rest. I don't have any experience with coding, but have been looking for an excuse to dip my toes in. What's the best way to figure this out?

• 2 years later...
18 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

@linuxgurugamer any chance you can adopt this?  It totally works up to 1.11 actually, only thing needing update right now is CKAN

I have a problem with doing this since I don't have a logitech keyboard

Besides, someone else has forked it and done a lot of updates, you can find it here:

https://github.com/NiamiTV/KeyShine

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.