[1.3.1] LonesomeRobots Aerospace: Duna Base Camp & HOYO CEV expansion

silentvelcro

mbc_cev_beauty.jpg

Duna Base Camp & HOYO CEV expansion (Ver 1.0)

Parts pack to build the Duna Base Camp orbital space station. Also features parts to build the CEV variant of the HOYO Spacecraft.
This mod is meant to be used with the HOYO CSM & DADV Lander.
You can use the AresV LonesomeRobots rocket to put parts of the station in to orbit. Find it here. Alternatively it will fit any 7.75m rocket.
Features functional interiors for the command module and Lab module.

This mod comes bundled with dependencies. Module Manager, TexturesUnlimited (For reflections and solar panels), RasterPropMonitor (For functional interior), ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1, TDProps 1.1.1.

INSTALLATION
Be careful, this mod comes bundled with the latest version of ASET Props (1.5) & ASET Avionics (2.1). Delete these mods if you have older versions before installing this mod.
Unzip and merge with your GameData folder.
The folder GameData/LonesomeRobots from the zip must be merged with, not replace, any existing GameData/LonesomeRobots folder.

DOWNLOAD

https://spacedock.info/mod/1669/Duna Base Camp & HOYO CEV Expansion. LonesomeRobots Aerospace

.craft files for all LRAERO ships can be found here . These are saved from KSP 1.3.1.

Licensing.
This mod is licensed under:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License

Redistributed with this mod.
RasterPropMonitor created by Mihara & MOARdV. Redistributed as per license.
TexturesUnlimited created by Shadowmage. Redistributed as per license.
ModuleManager created by Sarbian. Redistributed as per license.
ASET Props 1.5 & ASET Avionics 2.1 created by Alexustas. Redistributed as per license.
TDProps 1.1.1 created by TiktaalikDreaming. Redistributed as per license.

Screenshots
LRuOk9S.jpg

QFosteD.jpg

uIaEu0M.jpg

w8klgxx.jpg

Edited by silentvelcro

Excellent work!  I was patiently waiting for this to come out from you.   Downloading all other mods as well since you have updated them and are using Textures Unlimited.  Keep up the superb quality and attention to detail.

Ah, so the base camp is meant to be orbiting around Duna and DADV goes up and down for whatever purpose it can have? This gives me another challenge :rolleyes:

Great looking parts as well. Your models are probably the best looking ones I've seen around here, especially with fully utilizing the bump and normal maps.

I have looked, as I am sure you have, at every image of that thing I could find and could find no indication of a hatch.  The likely suspect would be that cylindrical module that extends from the center hub.  It has two, 1-man Mars moon exploration units attached to the sides, and a docking port.  It seems to me that if there was an airlock, that might be it.

BTW, have you seen SirGabu's MADV?  He was able to come up with a working elevator and the lower storage area.  Aside from that, I prefer the more realistic style that you incorprorate.

Edited by thomash

Hello @thomash. I think the cylidrical module you mention is the excursion vehicle for the asteroid missions. I have seen a photo of it with an astronaut strapped on the outside. I will incorporate something for the hatch functionality.

I haven't played with SirGabu's MADV but saw Kottabos' video of it. I am currently trying to implement the lower bay and rover. I had to use InfernalRobotics to make it work to my liking. The bay and the rover work great. The only problem i have is docking the rover prior to ascent, but i am close.

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, Modding Maniac said:

this work for 1.4.2?

Dude, a bit much copy and paste, isn't it?!? If you're such a modding Maniac as your username suggests, you should know that pure parts packs probably are just fine, as long as all dependencies are up to date. Trial and error will tell you. It is always good to make some effort yourself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.