[1.3.*-1.12.*] Pood's Skyboxes [v1.3.0] [17th Jan. 2019]

Poodmund

For the time being it works fine with the method mentioned above, so please take your time Pood, we're set for now.

Again many thanks for these amazing skyboxes. Once you get used to such a nice thing the stock one is hard on your eyes.

• 1 month later...
  • v.1.3.0 (17th Jan 2019) - Updated mods to allow for the use of the skyboxes with either of the following mods: TextureReplacer, Sigma Replacements: Skybox or DiRT (Drop-in Replacement Textures).

HORRAY!

You can now use your favourite texture replacement mod of choice from the following:

• Sigma Replacements: SkyBox
  • DiRT (Drop-in Replacement Textures)
  • TextureReplacer

The skyboxes are plug-n-play and will adapt to whatever texture replacement mod you decide to use so there is no more incompatibility, forcing you to use a certain mod or having to rename textures anymore!

Grab them now in the thread OP! :D 

P.S. CKAN support will follow in due course. The CKAN team are working/testing on the possibility of a resolution to add new behaviour which will allow for relationship checks to select 1 dependent mod from a list of choices. Please be patient as this requires a whole rewrite of CKAN's relationship behaviour system.

Edited by Poodmund
bad spelin'

Thank you for the update for KSP v1.6.1! A small request, could you update the CKAN version file to list one of the 3 texture replacement mods...

Right now, if you use CKAN, like I do, it has only Sigma Replacements: Skybox listed as a dependency, and it's only updated to KSP v1.3.1.

6 hours ago, GJNelson said:

Thank you for the update for KSP v1.6.1! A small request, could you update the CKAN version file to list one of the 3 texture replacement mods...

Right now, if you use CKAN, like I do, it has only Sigma Replacements: Skybox listed as a dependency, and it's only updated to KSP v1.3.1.

As he said.

9 hours ago, Poodmund said:

P.S. CKAN support will follow in due course. The CKAN team are working/testing on the possibility of a resolution to add new behaviour which will allow for relationship checks to select 1 dependent mod from a list of choices. Please be patient as this requires a whole rewrite of CKAN's relationship behaviour system.

Hi, First of all, thanks for the great mod. I love the Calm Nebula, but after I updated the xkybox on CKAN, it's not working sadly. I've tried to reinstall the Calm Nebula skybox on it's own and than with Sigma Replacements: SkyBox, but nothing. I can only see the original skybox.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

1 hour ago, BlitzCadet said:

Hi, First of all, thanks for the great mod. I love the Calm Nebula, but after I updated the xkybox on CKAN, it's not working sadly. I've tried to reinstall the Calm Nebula skybox on it's own and than with Sigma Replacements: SkyBox, but nothing. I can only see the original skybox.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

This is due to the CKAN listed version of Sigma Replacements: Skybox being an older version that is currently available and supported.

Seriously you guys, I literally said in my post that CKAN support is not available now and will be worked on in the future... do you not loveing listen? Jeez... I wonder why I bother even writing these posts sometimes.

Rant aside... thanks for the kind words. Haha :D

Edited by Poodmund

For those having problems with CKAN I installed the current version of Texture Replacer and it started working again. I left the Sigma Replacements: Skybox as well but I imagine you could just remove it and it will still work with Texture Replacer. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update!

With the latest release of CKAN 1.25.4, all of my Skyboxes are now available on CKAN again and let you choose your texture replacing mod of choice from either DiRT, SR, TR or TRR. No longer are you forced to use one of the facilitating mods, the choice is now up to you! 

Enjoy :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, they all work in 1.8.1, you just have to use a supplementary mod that works in KSP 1.8+ like Sigma Replacements: Skybox or Drop-In Replacement Textures.

You should be able to install them via CKAN as DiRT is available on there for 1.8+

Hello, I've just tried to install the Calm Nebula Skybox but I still see the default Astronomer Visual Pack one.

I'm running KSP 1.8.1 with both expansions and some mods, all updated to the latest version. I add here the ones I think are relevant:

•  Module Manager
  •  Texture Replacer (I think it is working on 1.8.1 because my kerbals have different hairstyles)
  •  Astronomer Visual Pack
  •  Feline Utility Rovers
  •  and the Calm Nebula Skybox

I don't really know how patching system works but I think I've found something strange.

In the Feline Utility Rovers folder there is the WindowShine.cfg file saying

TextureReplacerReplaced
{
	Folders
	{
		Default = WindowShine/Default/		
	}
}

and in the Calm Nebula folder there is the CalmNebula.cfg saying:

@TextureReplacerReplaced:NEEDS[TextureReplacer]
{
	%Folders
	{
		Default = PoodsSkyboxes/CalmNebula/TextureReplacer/Default/
		EnvMap = PoodsSkyboxes/CalmNebula/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/
	}
}

I've found this in my ModuleManager.configcache, but I think it is wrong

UrlConfig
{
	parentUrl = KerbetrotterLtd/FelineUtilityRover/Patches/WindowShine.cfg
	TextureReplacerReplaced
	{
		Folders
		{
			Default = WindowShine/Default/
			Default = PoodsSkyboxes/CalmNebula/TextureReplacer/Default/
			EnvMap = PoodsSkyboxes/CalmNebula/TextureReplacer/EnvMap/
		}
	}
}

What do you think?
It could be this the cause for not seeing the Nebula Skybox?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

At the end I removed TextureReplacer, which was not used by any other mod, and installed DIRT, now the Nebula Skybox is correctly shown...

I suppose there was some conflicts with the configs of TextureReplacer, Astronomer Visual Pack and Feline Utility Rover...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

jsyk, on CKAN it's only available on 1.9.1 instead of 1.8 - 1.9.1

Yeah... the CKAN listings are autogenerated from the Spacedock listing so I've just submitted a pull request to change the NetKAN metadata to make them available for any version of KSP. Users will be dependent on the Skybox plugin mod of their choice anyway with regards to KSP versioning so these skyboxes are pretty version agnostic.

• 1 month later...

i'm using the calm nebula skybox and it's awesome, however it's almost pitch black on my main monitor, however on other screens like my 2nd monitor and my TV, it's vibrant and i can see everything more clearly. i know this has to be a problem with my screen config, but idk what to change to see everything correctly without brightening everything else. (i'm on a lenovo legion laptop, so i don't really have buttons to change the settings, all i have is the intel screen config app)

2 hours ago, Lucaspec72 said:

i'm using the calm nebula skybox and it's awesome, however it's almost pitch black on my main monitor, however on other screens like my 2nd monitor and my TV, it's vibrant and i can see everything more clearly. i know this has to be a problem with my screen config, but idk what to change to see everything correctly without brightening everything else. (i'm on a lenovo legion laptop, so i don't really have buttons to change the settings, all i have is the intel screen config app)

Assuming you're using Windows 10, enter into the Windows Search bar, "Calibrate display colour", open up that tool and run through the whole process so that you have correctly set up and calibrated your laptop monitor. Once you've done that, its probably worth then plugging it into your 2nd monitor and adjusting the hardware settings actually on your 2nd monitor to mimic the appearance of your laptop (usually on monitors you have buttons/menus on the screen to adjust colour, contrast, brightness etc.). Once you've done that, maybe then connect your laptop to your TV and see if your TV has separate colour profiles you can switch between i.e. film, sport, game, custom etc. See if you can set it onto a custom profile and then, again, change your TV display settings with the remote to mimic your laptop display.

Hopefully, then you'll have all 3 displays looking similar and displaying correctly according to your laptop's calibration. Doing it this way, hopefully you'll quickly be able to switch your TV colour profile back to default for general watching.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.