Solved - PS4 - Warp to Maneuver Node

Hi all,

After an enforced break from KSP, due to the lack of a laptop/PC to play it on, I was delighted to see the new port to PS4 has been released. As an aside, so far I'm impressed.  The radial control menu's take a little getting used to, but I'm surprised how easy it is to do things after being used to the keyboard mouse combo.

The only thing I can't work out how to do; in order to choose the option "Warp to next maneuver node" you have to be on the map screen.  Once you start the time warp, is there any way to switch back to the main view, or do you have to stay in map view?  It's not a major issue, but I do like to watch my target getting closer as I travel!

Regards

Clipper

Edited by Clipperride
Added tags

I found the answer whilst playing this evening.  I'm so used to hitting the "M" key to toggle the map view that I completely forgot there's a button at the bottom left of the screen you can click on to return to the view of your vessel!

Hope this helps some future gamer :wink:

I tried that thanks @bewing - as it is the default method of switching to and from the map view when using the Radial Control preset.  

But, for some reason, this doesn't work when you are warping time.  The work around of pressing the left stick to call up the cursor and then clicking the button at the bottom left of the screen isn't a problem and gives me those satisfying views as I approach my target.  Especially as the graphics are better than my laptop was ever able to deliver!  I'm hoping that the addition of shadows (again beyond my previous setup) and more detailed terrain (Kerrain?, Munain??) will make landing easier now I don't have access to the rather excellent Better Burn Time mod.

EDIT an even quicker way to switch back to the vessel view whilst warping to next maneuver (as long as you are using the Radial Control Preset) is to call up the quick menu (∆ on PS4) and select "close map view" from there.  Thanks to the "bullet time" feature of the radial menu's, this closes the map almost as quickly and easily as on the PC version

Edited by Clipperride
Another method for closing map screen in warp

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.