Setting the DSNRange while InGame

Outside of the CustomBarnKit method - is there a way to SET the DSNRange property to adjust the value while in the flight scene / after the save game has loaded?
I've only seen CustomBarnKit do this on Game Load to preset the available options for upgrading levels / costs.  I'm thinking what I'm after is probably not possible, but wondered what the wisdom of the crowd says?

Checking the values for stock - I can see the current DSNRange via the GameVariables.Instance.GetDSNRange(trackingStationLvl)  all fine there.

Different idea - is it possible to overwrite the GetDSNRange function to perform my own lookup of values based on some custom criteria?

While it's not DSNrange, I did notice a curiosity that the returned level int for the GameEvents.OnKSCFacilityUpgraded for the tracking station gives the levels as 0, 0.5, & 1 - pretty much everywhere else uses the range 0,1 & 2.

Separate question - is there a nice way to set a DestructibleBuilding to the destroyed state without having to get through the DemolitionFX?

Edited by wile1411

For once I managed to find a solution myself. *yay learning*

I wanted to avoid anything that would interfere with @sarbian method of setting custom DSN ranges. As such I found a work around so that instead of "setting" the actual DSNRange values, I can edit the DSNmodifier from the Advanced Difficulty Settings screen. I'll need to add code to remember what the value was before making changes so I can restore the previous value after I monkey around with the figures.

Funnily enough I found the solution within the CBK code. Thanks again Sarbian!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.