Engine performance

Dermeister

Hello :) first of I would like to say that i'm quite out of date with KSP because I have not played it in years. But I recently wanted to get back into it. I intend to mod KSP with either RSS or a Real solar system sized kerbin.

That said I would like to use real Fuels but in the engine configs you either have to use RO, I would like to avoid doing so because RO mods to much stuff and changes the looks of everything and has a lot of dependencies. The other engine config says is for stock size or 6.4 at most.... so i'm wondering what mod or Engine config should be used other than RO for a 1 to 1 real life size Solar system in order to get proper performance out of the engines? I obviously ran a search but I did not find much so instead I thought I would ask the community to point me in the right direction!

I should also mention i'm planning to do this on a 1.3.1 install of KSP as mods become available ( if not already).

Thank you :)

3 hours ago, Dermeister said:

Hello :) first of I would like to say that i'm quite out of date with KSP because I have not played it in years. But I recently wanted to get back into it. I intend to mod KSP with either RSS or a Real solar system sized kerbin.

That said I would like to use real Fuels but in the engine configs you either have to use RO, I would like to avoid doing so because RO mods to much stuff and changes the looks of everything and has a lot of dependencies. The other engine config says is for stock size or 6.4 at most.... so i'm wondering what mod or Engine config should be used other than RO for a 1 to 1 real life size Solar system in order to get proper performance out of the engines? I obviously ran a search but I did not find much so instead I thought I would ask the community to point me in the right direction!

I should also mention i'm planning to do this on a 1.3.1 install of KSP as mods become available ( if not already).

Thank you :)

Jimbodiah has a set of MM config patches for using stock engines and fuel in RSS I believe.

Peace.

You can use SMURFF which makes the structural mass of every part a lot less (the tanks have more fuel and less dead mass, engines are lighter) to accomodate for higher dV requirements. In real life, engines and empty tanks are a lot lighter than in ksp

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.