Mod Manager Goliath Wheesley Fix

XLjedi

In update 1.3.1 Squad changed the @exhaustDamage setting for the Goliath and Wheesley engines and it destroyed one of my marine engine designs.  I have this relatively simple mod manager script to reset exhaustDamage back to False so my 1.3.0 design continues to work...  I thought it was working fine, but it seems like something has caused it to stop working and I can't figure out what happened. 

If I go in and edit the part file directly (change True back to False) it works exactly as it did in 1.3.0?   Not sure why the script below isn't overriding the values anymore?  Pretty sure it worked at one point.  Anyone see any issues with this simple script?  I also confirmed that during the load screen it does report 2 additional Mod Manager edits when I include this script in gamedata. Not sure what's going on?  

@PART[turboFanSize2]:AFTER[Squad]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
    {
        @exhaustDamage = False
    }
}
@PART[JetEngine]:AFTER[Squad]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
    {
        @exhaustDamage = False
    }
}

Edited by XLjedi

8 hours ago, XLjedi said:

Anyone see any issues with this simple script?  I also confirmed that during the load screen it does report 2 additional Mod Manager edits when I include this script in gamedata. Not sure what's going on?  

There is no "exhaustDamage" name to edit.So you need to create one,use  % instead of @.

3 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

There is no "exhaustDamage" name to edit.So you need to create one,use  % instead of @.

Thanks, I will give this a try tonight.  I would've swore it was working as-is at one time though.

Just so I understand; it's meant to edit this part of the "jetEngineBig.cfg" part file (Goliath engine).

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleEnginesFX
		engineID = Cruise
		thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
		exhaustDamage = True
		ignitionThreshold = 0.1
		minThrust = 0
		maxThrust = 360
		heatProduction = 100
		useEngineResponseTime = True
		engineAccelerationSpeed = 0.06
		engineDecelerationSpeed = 0.25
		//fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.74
		flameoutEffectName = flameout
		powerEffectName = running_thrust
		engageEffectName = engage
		disengageEffectName = disengage
		spoolEffectName = running_turbine
		engineSpoolIdle = 0.05
		engineSpoolTime = 2.0
		EngineType = Turbine
		exhaustDamageMultiplier = 2
		clampPropReceived = True
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = IntakeAir
			ignoreForIsp = True
			ratio = 227
		}

...and you're saying exhaustDamage in the above context is not a name and that I should refer to it with % instead of @? 

Are they considered parameters of "name = ModuleEnginesFX" or how should I think of them?  I assume the % tags it as a parameter of the name then maybe? 

Edited by XLjedi

2 hours ago, XLjedi said:

...and you're saying exhaustDamage in the above context is not a name and that I should refer to it with % instead of @? 

This is how MM works,@ is for edit only,% is for edit and create if not exist.
But i was wrong,when i first looked at .cfg i missed that "exhaustDamage = True" in fact exist in .cfg and i overlooked it.

OK thanks...  I do recall reading about the % now to add stuff.  I think I'm back now to wondering why my script stopped working?  Even though it registers as a mod manager patch on the load screen.

I may have to test tonight in a vanilla install.  I've noticed 1.3.1 has done some odd things to certain mods.  Hyperedit landing feature just blows stuff up now and does some really odd stuff and mangles planet surfaces. 

6 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

I think I'm back now to wondering why my script stopped working?

I tested your patch and i can confirm that it gets applied.Another difference between .cfg is:

exhaustDamageMultiplier = 2 // is 5 now

so maybe change this too?

One more question,did you reneme your patch from .txt to .cfg?

Edited by sebi.zzr

4 minutes ago, sebi.zzr said:

I tested your patch and i can confirm that it gets applied.Another difference between .cfg is:

exhaustDamageMultiplier = 2 // is 5 now

so maybe change this too?

Well good, it seems to work OK for you then.  At least it might be working for the folks who might D/L it along with my craft file. 

Has to be one of the other mods then!

I think the value of the multiplier is a moot point as long as the damage is False.

Edited by XLjedi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.