Testing TT18A?

Hi Folks,

I have recently started a new career game and have got stuck with one contract. Testing the TT18-A on the launch pad. This is one of the structural support parts, so I assumed you just staged as normal - but no. The conditions just say test on the launchpad at Kerbin, no other details. I have tried a normal lift off, a simple capsule and even just a tiny rocket with no fuel. Both tick always appear for Kerbin and Launchpad, but the contract remains open.

Any ideas?

Keith

Not with this one. That works for engines, etc, but not on this part. I have tried several options but nothing works!

I have decided my only option maybe to use Alt-12 and click complete, then remove any funds, reputation gained - unless anyone has actually completed it?

17 minutes ago, Silverwood said:

Not with this one. That works for engines, etc, but not on this part. I have tried several options but nothing works!

I have decided my only option maybe to use Alt-12 and click complete, then remove any funds, reputation gained - unless anyone has actually completed it?

The contract should complete via staging (At least according to the part config), you have to use the space bar though.

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleTestSubject
		environments = 16
		useStaging = True
		useEvent = False
	}
}

26 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

The contract should complete via staging (At least according to the part config), you have to use the space bar though.

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleTestSubject
		environments = 16
		useStaging = True
		useEvent = False
	}
}

Sorry folks - but have tried this already.

It does not work. To clarify -

I created a rocket with the capsule attached to the part. I clicked space, the rocket detaches from the part, but the contract remains open. I then tried a rocket which lifted off, again the contract remained open. SO I tried a rocket where the capsule had no engine, clicked space the part swings back as usual, capsule drops to the ground - only  a few feet, but again the contract stays open. The only mods I have are mechjeb and EVE.

I really have no idea why this one wont complete.

Edited by Silverwood
duplication

Hmm...might be that you are in command of the thing that's dropping and no longer controlling the launch clamp? Also, your status prolly goes from "landed" to "flying" when the craft is dropped.

Try keeping the actual craft touching the ground so it doesn't fall. Or try attaching a command point to the clamp itself? If you can even do that...I'm not sure?

Tried keeping the craft on the ground, by having it standing on the bottom of the clamp! That didn't work either!

I really have tried everything I can think of, its such a small contract only  a few thousand in funds, but I just wanted to establish why it won't work!

What you could do, is seperate the staging of the launch clamps into 2 stages. So that the rocket keeps being attached and in ' landed'  mode

For example, build a rocket, with 4 launch clamps in a stage, and one in the first stage. 
This way, when you press the stage button, your craft will remain landed and not in flight. But at the same time you've decoupled a launch clamp.

Edited by DrLicor

Hello All,

I must apologise here, :( but I appear to have been a bit of an idiot.  First rule of KSP always read the contract, then read again....the part to test is not the TT18A but the TR18A a decoupler. 

I have now completed the contract. I have also been suitably rebuked by the Mission Control director.

Sorry for making you all answer this!

Keith

1 minute ago, Silverwood said:

Hello All,

I must apologise here, :( but I appear to have been a bit of an idiot.  First rule of KSP always read the contract, then read again....the part to test is not the TT18A but the TR18A a decoupler. 

I have now completed the contract. I have also been suitably rebuked by the Mission Control director.

Sorry for making you all answer this!

Keith

giphy.gif

But glad it's solved now. :) cheers!

Good to know you solved the issue. For future reference:

Sometimes the contract get tagged as complete after you save and load.

Some contracts are  difficult due to the random nature of the parameters (e.g. test [part] while flying bellow 5.000m faster than 1.500m/s). You may try it as a skill test, but not as a moneymaking activity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.