My bug report

Here is a list of bug I encountered (PS4, default control scheme):

1) I can recover ships even from space (getting parts, crew and science back)

2) When getting from tracking station to space center the enviromentns is loading slowly part by part, object by object. It is not game breaking but adding longer loading screen to hide this may look better.

3) Sometimes windows (at least the notification about new achievements) can not be closed. Once you open it, and switch off the cursor mode (L3) the "continue" and "exit" buttons does not appear and window can not be closed. It is drawing the focus, so the game becomes unplayable.

3) I still have a problem that from time to time my ship is not responding to any commands (rotations, staging). This happens both in ships and EVA (can not move the Kerbal). Switching to tracking station and back helps. Here are some potentional problems I alraedy excluded:
- I have electricity (so the rotation is not stopped because of this)
- I dont have locked staging mode
- Im not in the time warp mode
- I dont have RCS enabled
As far as I know all these can also "lock you our from controls" (and as noob it took me while to fiure them out when I had these problems by mistake). But when the problem occurs it has to be even something else.

4) Sometimes progress is not saved when switching between buildings or recovering vessels. For example you accept the mission, go back to the space center and the mission is not accepted and you have to do it again.
Similar problem leads to loose of mission progress. I have mission to test chute. I completed the mission (all green in the mission log, I got the notifications about obejctives and contract completed. I could see the money on my account). But as soon as I recovered the vessel, the mission was again active and no money on my account. Recovery behaved like loading the state before mission. I tried this several times with same result. What helped is to save the game during the mission (when objectives are completed). Then they remained completed even after ship recovery.

Apart from this, the game is running fine for me.

43 minutes ago, Agarwel said:

3) Sometimes windows (at least the notification about new achievements) can not be closed. Once you open it, and switch off the cursor mode (L3) the "continue" and "exit" buttons does not appear and window can not be closed. It is drawing the focus, so the game becomes unplayable.

If you are talking about the ones on the left, like fuel and contracts complete.  When you scroll over those to open the windows if you press X while on it, it will pin the window open and the only way to close it is to scroll the curser over the icon that opens it and press X again to unpin it then scroll off and it should close.  Also if the window that pops up in middle of screen for complete contracts, try scrolling over the green check mark and press square button to delete it. (I think it's the square button, but not sure).  Not sure if that is what's happening, but give it a shot.

Edited by OrganizedChaos

OrganizedChaos:

I believe you are describing normal behaviour. Not what Im reporting on. I know that "apps" on the right can be pinned by pressing X and they stay open. (but at that time they dont prevent any gameplay).

Im talking about status where you open one of the notifications (open in the middle of the screen with all the detail of contract completed, milestones achieved, etc). It is one of these windows: (just example that I googled. Not screenshot from my consoler during the problem)

12h3tyklp1qz.jpg

Normally when you are in the cursor mode, the windows can not be closed. When you switch to radial (L3) two prompts should apper at the bottom of the window (close and erase? X and O?) This happens most of the times. But sometimes when switching between modes, these promts does not appeat and X/O buttons dont work. So there is no way to close the windows. You can only scroll the text by the right stick. But that is all. But you can not delete the notification not matter how many times you witch between cursor/radils menu by L3, no matter what where you click on the screen.

Gotcha,  using that screen shot, see the little blue planet marker in top right corner.  Try putting the curser on that and hitting the square button.  I know you can normally delete those from there, that's how I usually delete them.  It's probably a bug that you can't delete it the way you normally do, might you  still be able to delete it the way I do.  Again, I believe it's the square button, but I'm not %100 on that part,  it's one of the buttons though.

Edited by OrganizedChaos

I tryied that. Dont worry. I tried to press all buttons on the gamepad and click on everyhing on the screen. But when this windows is active (and activelly drawing focus) clicking elsewhere is ignored :-( Including the list of the notifications icons :-/

Regarding the saving issues. Im just doing first docking mission above Kerbal. So I took a first ship to the orbit. I used menu to go back to science center to launch se second one. Just to find out my first ship sitting on the launch pad and not being in the orbit at all.

Again the game just basically loaded previous state instead to save the status and continue where I left of.

Im probably going wait for some patch now....

"Im probably going wait for some patch now...."

Ditto, there is essentially no point playing something thats even more buggy than that which it replaced.

The FTE port was an exercise in frustration with its frequent control lock ups and somewhat forgetful nature generally, however at least when it worked it worked, until it didn't.

This port seems to have a whole range of features that simply don't work in the first place

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.