Performance issues with Nvidia 390.65 drivers on Windows 10 64bit?

I am curious if anyone has experience serious performance issues when upgrading to Nvidia 390.65 drivers on Windows 10 64bit. 

I'd been away a lot in January and only got to updating my windows rig at home last weekend.  After the upgrade I experienced some pretty serious performance issues with framerates as low as 10fps in any situation.  ie in the VAB, at the KSC screen and in flight.  At first I thought it might have been a mod update I did within CKAN but moving to a fresh install of 1.3.1 I still experienced the 10 fps problem. 

Reverting back to the Nvidia 388.71 drivers immediately resolved the fps issue.  I did also notice issues in other games as well.

I always use the express install for the nvidia drivers.  I'm wondering if it's a driver issue or if it was a driver install issue.  I didn't have time to do a whole lot of testing but when I get home this weekend I'm looking to spend more time troubleshooting and I'm curious if anyone else has seen performance problems with the driver versions mentioned.  I've googled the update and seen many reports on various games but lots of explanations including the windows creator update. 

Rig info (from memory):

Intel i7 6700k, 16GB Ram, nvidia 980TI, run off SSD on 3x 2560x1440 gsync displays in surround (7680x1440 ksp resolution in fullscreen mode).  On the old drivers I get very good fps so the 10 was very noticeable.

Thanks for your input.  I was suspecting a corrupted install.  I've always used express and just let it do it's thing.  I've not experience issues before but thought I'd see about other folks experience.  First step will be to try a clean install then.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.