Kerbal Space Crusade: A Fan Story

Spudmeist3r

Prolouge:

Now is a time of great civil strife in Kerbin. The once-powerful traditionalist Krakkenists, a Kraken -worshipping group, are losing power to the new Devvists, a group that believes not in the Kraken, but in many Kods named Developers, great beings whose mistakes cause unwarranted breaks in physics.

After weeks of people brawling in the streets, leaders of both sides got together at the old airfield and agreed that the argument would be solved the gentleman’s way: through a space race. This meant, however, that everyone in the KSP would have to pick a side. The picks went as follows:

Krakkenists: Werner von Kerman, Jeb, and Val

Devvists: Gene, Bill, and Bob

Edited by Spudmeist3r
Grammar Fix

Chapter 1: To the Heavens!

The devvists brought their prized rocket scientist, Karsten Kerman, and all the Kredits they could muster, to Zebedee Polar Launch Facility, and got to work on a space worthy craft.

The Krakkenists, however, had a head start and quickly finished an srb-laden craft that could quite easily get past 70 km. They set the thrust limited to 70 and launched. Before the Devvists could even organize, they were in space. Wernher soon began plans for a small orbiter rocket. cmRSjVy.jpg

Karsten Kerman soon realized he was too late to win the race to space, so he and his team quietly got to work on an orbiter. With both teams moving quickly, it was unknown who would win the race to orbit.

Thanks for reading, and comment what you think! Just keep in mind, this is my first story.

Edited by Spudmeist3r

1 minute ago, steuben said:

*wince*

Writing is a marathon not a sprint. You've got 200 words and picture. You've got a start. Once you've got more laid down we'll see.

I've got to agree. It's a nice start, but not terribly much to go on.

Please, continue! :)

1 hour ago, steuben said:

*wince*

Writing is a marathon not a sprint. You've got 200 words and picture. You've got a start. Once you've got more laid down we'll see.

and then @Just Jim added...

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I've got to agree. It's a nice start, but not terribly much to go on.

Please, continue! :)

Exactly. Just some advice from someone who tinkers in fan-fic (I am certainly not anywhere near @Just Jim's or @Cydonian Monk's level... far from it!). While feedback is important, I find being true to myself and the characters as I envision them being more important than anything else.

If you focus too much on giving the crowd what you think will give you the most likes, then what ends up happening is you end up re-writing the same type of story that everyone else is writing. I spend a lot of time developing back stories, of defining Kerbin culture, and even the functioning of their government. Probably more than most other fan-fics out there. And yes, it is probably why I have a small readership. But in the end the story I've crafted is it's own creation and unique. And I think that's why I do have a small band of loyal readers. So, here's my advice in a nutshell:

1. Have fun playing the game.
  2. Take lots of cool screenshots.
  3. Imagine what is happening with your characters as you take the screenshots.
  4. Take notes, lots of notes.
  5. Write your story...
  6. Have fun playing the game and telling your story...

I do hope this helps some.

[Male Voice]: These Devvists are causing too much trouble around here. The moment they start getting an edge, I want them all killed.

[Female Voice]: Mr. President, if they find out, then you will likely be executed.

[Male Voice]: Then may the Kraken save me.

[Female Voice]: Yes Mr. President, I will inform KSC now.

[Male Voice]: Then it is done.

Edited by Spudmeist3r

Chapter 2: To the Heavens!

The Krakkenists. Their building expertise and all around know-how got them to orbit before the Devvists. While this was a major blow to the Devvist's pride, they decided that they would go the extra mile the next time around. sVnKF1B.jpg?2 Explorinator-1 uF5Teou.jpg?1Kraken-2

The Krakkenists finished their celebration and began work on their next project: putting Kerbalkind in space. They were in a hurry, so they decided to ditch pilot control and just remotely control it. Jeb was too much of an asset for this test, so they recruited Harpond Kerman for the job.

At Zebedee, however, the Devvists knew that if they wanted space supremacy, they would need a geostationary network. They got to work on a craft that would get the entire network up at once immediately.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.