How to adjust graphics driver in Linux?

I'm having problems with flickering graphics in several programs, including KSP. I fixed Google Chrome by disabling hardware acceleration, and I fixed my screensaver by switching the rendering engine from OpenGL to DirectColor (which I've never heard of before). However, looking at the limited graphics settings in KSP, I don't see anything that would accomplish similar functionality. Perhaps there's a command I can add to Steam to do this?

Drivers for intel GPU are in kernel, openGL is provided via mesa, no need to install anything.  That being said, intel drivers sometimes have little troubles (sometimes not so little) with one or other version. glxinfo looks good. Drivers are there, they are just acting up. Look for errors in dmesg or anything suspicious regarding i915 (kernel module for intel gpu). Maybe just kernel option will help.

Intel seems to run their own repo and proprietary downloader tool for ubuntu that apparently could be made to work on mint :  https://mintguide.org/system/73-intel-linux-graphics-drivers-installer-for-linux.html but I've never touched that. If it comes to messing with drivers, I'd start with trying different version of  the intel xorg driver from distro repository and leave proprietary tools of unknown quality as a last resort.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.