Mrcarrot

[1.3.1] No Crew Requirement Continued 1.0.1

Note: this mod is a continuation of the mod by the same name by @RealGecko, found here.

Another Note: this mod will likely not be updated until KSP 1.4, unless you want some feature or I come up with something.

No Crew Requirement Continued
A simple ModuleManager patch that eliminates crew requirements for manned vessels and/or the need to attach an unmanned probe to your spacecraft. Useful for automatic launches and docking of space station modules, rescue missions, etc. Requires ModuleManager.

BXWl53Y.png

Initial author
Initially created by Orbinaut, then continued by RealGecko, and finally myself, under GPL-3.0 license. Apparently, the old site gets replaced with an asterisk in posting, so I can't tell you where.

New Feature
Every command pod also receives level 0 SAS.

Download

http://spacedock.info/mod/715/No%20Crew%20Requirement%20Continued

Installation
Merge GameData content with your KSP installation's GameData.
Requires Module Manager.

Source

This mod is the source, it's a config file.

Delete previous version before installing 1.0.1

Notes:

In KSP 1.2 unmanned command module will be treated as probe and will have Remote Pilot Assistance available.

However as it is still a mannable command pod it will not have Hibernate feature and will still consume electric charge as usual

i9ZJfJV.png

Changelog

Spoiler

• Apply changes only to mannable command pods.
  • Added AVC version file.

Edited by Mrcarrot

On 2/8/2018 at 11:17 PM, LitaAlto said:

Realizing this was RealGecko's work originally -- if this is basically a MM patch, might I suggest adding it to the Community Database of Module Manager Patches for Stock KSP?

I have suggested it there.

In other news, I'm working on adding a PartUpgrade to disable this until basic probe cores have been unlocked.

On 2/12/2018 at 12:05 AM, Mrcarrot said:

I have suggested it there.

In other news, I'm working on adding a PartUpgrade to disable this until basic probe cores have been unlocked.

Hi

any plan on any update soon or should we just go with current version in 1.4 ? no pressure though just wanting to see what should i start my game with

7 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

Hi

any plan on any update soon or should we just go with current version in 1.4 ? no pressure though just wanting to see what should i start my game with

It will probably work with the latest version of MM, tell me if it doesn't.

I will most likely release an update by the end of the week, now that it has been brought to my attention.

It works for me on 1.4.3.

There is an issue though with TAC-LS, it relies on minimumCrew > 0 to add lifesupport resources to command pods. I think if you would add :AFTER[TacLifeSupport] to your cfg it will be solved.

On 5/4/2018 at 5:21 AM, boribori said:

It works for me on 1.4.3.

There is an issue though with TAC-LS, it relies on minimumCrew > 0 to add lifesupport resources to command pods. I think if you would add :AFTER[TacLifeSupport] to your cfg it will be solved.

I'll look into this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.