ksp_x64 data and ksp_data

AstronautPiggish

Because my hard disc was full, I've tried launching the game on 64bit without ksp_data files, and it didn't broke. It worked fairy well, the loading and construction and physics and all.

Seems like these two files, ksp_x64 data and ksp_data are identical except they use 32/64 bit os. Would it be a problem if I remove ksp_data?

(The files are in the Kerbal Space Program folder, in the 'common' in steamapps.)

Welcome to the forums :) 

You are indeed correct: these two folders are identical, with the exception that the binaries are compiled for 32 or 64 bit operation. If you only ever use one of the two, you can safely remove the other. I've been tossing the 32bit folder ever since we got stable 64bit operation, and I have never experienced a single problem with it.

3 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I'm not sure the whopping 1.41 Gb it's taking up is gonna make much of a difference lol.

If you have a 100 GB HD that's screaming about being full, it can be a life saver.

Although I bet there's a ton of trash sitting around that HD that could be cleaned up in addition to this folder.  My system once had a hiccup where my 1 TB HDD was suddenly full (I don't have much on there), and it turned out that two log files that were supposed to be pruned daily had somehow grown to about 600 GB together.

Also, Harddrives are cheap.  I suggest looking into adding another one if you're on a desktop, or getting a bigger one if you're on a laptop (Some laptops even have a slot for a second one)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.