[1.12.x] Haystack ReContinued

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, 81ninja said:

This is the mod I was looking for! Thanks for such great mods @linuxgurugamer:)

Can I suggest a neat feature though?

The ability to find ships that are currently docked to other ships (and which ship they're docked to).

It'd be terribly useful to find ships parked in stations (esp. when there are dozens of them...)

Thanks again!

That's not doable in the game, once a ship docks with another (and a stations is a ship) they become one ship

• 2 weeks later...

This is a wonderful mod, thanks for keeping it alive @linuxgurugamer ! A staple mod i tend to use in every playtrough as it makes managing all your craft so much more bearable.

Quick remark/question: There seems to be a lot of debug spam "aystack:" etc. in the ksp.log - any way to tune down or disable that?

1 hour ago, g_BonE said:

This is a wonderful mod, thanks for keeping it alive @linuxgurugamer ! A staple mod i tend to use in every playtrough as it makes managing all your craft so much more bearable.

Quick remark/question: There seems to be a lot of debug spam "aystack:" etc. in the ksp.log - any way to tune down or disable that?

Log file,  please

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2021 at 12:52 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

That's not doable in the game, once a ship docks with another (and a stations is a ship) they become one ship

I noticed the save file does have the ship names listed on the docking node though, that's how the ships get their names back upon undocking. It looks like this:

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleDockingNode
    DOCKEDVESSEL
    {
        vesselName = Siemens 5 | Science Outpost 1Br2
        vesselType = Station
        rootUId = 2287205667
    }
}

I wondered if you can peek into that information somehow.

2 hours ago, 81ninja said:

I noticed the save file does have the ship names listed on the docking node though, that's how the ships get their names back upon undocking. It looks like this:

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleDockingNode
    DOCKEDVESSEL
    {
        vesselName = Siemens 5 | Science Outpost 1Br2
        vesselType = Station
        rootUId = 2287205667
    }
}

I wondered if you can peek into that information somehow.

Probably, although I don’t have time right now to do anything.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@linuxgurugamer i use both haystack and targetron but it seems redundant to have both running. as far as i can tell, the only feature Haystack doesnt have compared to Targetron is the ability to rename vessels from the menu. You've created both mods so I assume its for a good reason. In your mind, whats the difference between these 2 mods and why would one use haystack over targetron, and why would one use targetron over haystack?

15 minutes ago, Astra Infinitum said:

You've created both mods

Not true! @linuxgurugamerdoes write mods, but he is most famous for adopting and maintaining mods written by other authors which they have since been abandoned, earning him the nickname "The Modfather". This is an invaluable service to mod-users: most of us have favourite  mods which are no longer supported by their original authors!

Targetron and Haystack were written by @Jarcikonand @Qberticusrespectively, and differences between the two are due to the preferences of their respective authors.

18 hours ago, Astra Infinitum said:

@linuxgurugamer i use both haystack and targetron but it seems redundant to have both running. as far as i can tell, the only feature Haystack doesnt have compared to Targetron is the ability to rename vessels from the menu. You've created both mods so I assume its for a good reason. In your mind, whats the difference between these 2 mods and why would one use haystack over targetron, and why would one use targetron over haystack?

I maintain both mods, I didn't write these.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have this issue, the best way to set it up and the way it showed up for me, have a craft orbiting Kerbin and a craft orbiting the Mun. Load game and go to main craft around Kerbin, and then use Haystack to go to the craft around the Mun. This happens.

sqGHTtO.png

6idg9VN.png

Keep in mind I am using EVE Redux, with it default config, and I am also using Scatterer. Using Haystack to jump that scene seems to remove the EVE and Scatterer look to Kerbal, but also I think it removes the vanilla look to Kerbin also.

Here is my Player.log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2iq5zfavrmzdrbs/Player.zip?dl=0

I have not tested it out on other planets, just Kerbin and the Mun.

10 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

I have this issue, the best way to set it up and the way it showed up for me, have a craft orbiting Kerbin and a craft orbiting the Mun. Load game and go to main craft around Kerbin, and then use Haystack to go to the craft around the Mun. This happens.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Maybe provide a before AND an after picture, otherwise I can't even begin to understand your comment

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.  Maybe provide a before AND an after picture, otherwise I can't even begin to understand your comment

The before would be Kerbin with clouds and atmosphere with Scatterer and Eve mod. The after is the pictures is what I sent above, with none of that. I even think the after pictures above do not show the vanilla planet, but something different. I will try to send some before pictures when I get a chance.

You are running multiple visual and graphical mods:

• DistantObject
  • Atmosphere (???)
  • CelestialShadows
  • CityLights
  • EVEManager
  • ShaderLoader
  • Terrain
  • TextureConfig
  • NavBall Texture Changer
  • PlanetShine
  • Restock
  • Scatterer
  • Waterfall

Are these all part of EVE?  If not, please test by removing everything not related to this issue, and let me know.

This mod doesn't really touch the graphics, so I'm not sure what's going on.  Also, please note that I see a number of NullRefs from Scatterer throughout the log file

Could you also install the Notes2Log mod, and use it to write notes to the log file at specific points (ie:  before , and after would be helpful)?  Log files are rather big, this would be helpful

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You are running multiple visual and graphical mods:

• DistantObject
  • Atmosphere (???)
  • CelestialShadows
  • CityLights
  • EVEManager
  • ShaderLoader
  • Terrain
  • TextureConfig
  • NavBall Texture Changer
  • PlanetShine
  • Restock
  • Scatterer
  • Waterfall

Are these all part of EVE?  If not, please test by removing everything not related to this issue, and let me know.

This mod doesn't really touch the graphics, so I'm not sure what's going on.  Also, please note that I see a number of NullRefs from Scatterer throughout the log file

Could you also install the Notes2Log mod, and use it to write notes to the log file at specific points (ie:  before , and after would be helpful)?  Log files are rather big, this would be helpful

When I do the Notes2Log mod, do I give you the Player.log? Or does Notes2Logs make its own log?

14 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

When I do the Notes2Log mod, do I give you the Player.log? Or does Notes2Logs make its own log?

It writes the note to the Player.log.

13 hours ago, therealcrow999 said:

This might be a KSP vanilla thing, because Targetron does the same thing. Probably because vanilla game does not have any clouds and atmosphere.

If you are seeing the same issue with different mods, then it most likely is a bug with either the base game or the mod which is providing the clouds/atmosphere

50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It writes the note to the Player.log.

If you are seeing the same issue with different mods, then it most likely is a bug with either the base game or the mod which is providing the clouds/atmosphere

Yeah it is probably base game. Thanks for help anyways. I am going to find a way to walk around it, being aware of it now.

• 5 months later...

I finally had the sense to try adding this mod, to save me some hassle with the very slow scene changes in KSP by, well, not needing to do so many scene-changes! =:o}

Just a quick check before I potentially bork my well-advanced savegame... Looking at the OP, it says the latest update is: 
"0.5.4

• Updated for 1.4.1 ... "

- Are people finding it still works fine with KSP 1.12.x? 

I find it works well with 1.12.x.

The OP looks a little out-of-date: @linuxgurugamer updated Haystack as recently as:

On 11/30/2022 at 2:54 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.5.7.6

• Fixed path for loading images (broken by new launcher)

In practice, changes to KSP (apart from the launcher) have been very light as regards core game code, so very few mods (if any) will have needed updating of late.

• 6 months later...

I appreciate this mod a LOT. It is a must have for new players. Too many times I've tried to click one of the ships in map view, and they were all overlapped making it impossible to get one or the other to set a target.

This mod fixes this, now I can set the target without going into map view.

Thanks again, LGG - your name pops up frequently in my list of mods :) you are awesome :) 

Edited by kspkat