[1.12.x] Haystack ReContinued

linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Can I set and also unset targets? Also, can I target bodies with the mod, or only vessels?

It’s designed for vessels, of any type, but not celestial bodies.

and I don't understand about unsetting targets, you don’t need a mod for that.

27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It’s designed for vessels, of any type, but not celestial bodies.

and I don't understand about unsetting targets, you don’t need a mod for that.

I know. Would be nice to do it clicking the same button you use to select a vessel though, specially if you already have the mod interface open in front of your face.

What is your speedy method of unselecting a target, btw?

11 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Double-click active vessel, or target vessel if it's right there. Or in a pinch in map mode target the world or orbit nearby and then untarget it.

That is what I mean. Maybe you guys don't think its all that awful, but in many situations I find the interface too cluttered to allow easy selecting and unselecting of targets. Specially so when your target is near other craft or bodies. A screen where you sort all available targets and select the one you want makes even more sense if you can also unselect a target with the mere clicking of a button in the very same GUI you already have oppened in front of your face.  Selecting target bodies and unselecting them makes equal sense to me. 

Edit. I made similar comments in the targetron thread, with similar feedback, so apparently I am alone in this. Oh, well!

Edited by Daniel Prates

10 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

I know. Would be nice to do it clicking the same button you use to select a vessel though, specially if you already have the mod interface open in front of your face.

What is your speedy method of unselecting a target, btw? 

I use KER for that...it provides a target selector and while you have an active target, it will be unselected as soon as you click on "Go Back to Target Selection" :)

Spoiler

ZU8X6ug.png

1 hour ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I use KER for that...it provides a target selector and while you have an active target, it will be unselected as soon as you click on "Go Back to Target Selection" :)

Reveal hidden contents

ZU8X6ug.png

Hey that is great! I use KER for years and have never noticed that!

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer

Is there anyway you could fix this?

[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:33.679] Checking Cache
[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:40.763] SHA generated in 7.096s
[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:40.763]       SHA = F7-09-4F-29-FF-E7-73-20-3A-98-93-B2-AA-E8-62-C8-30-02-0E-8A-FF-FC-81-40-FB-D9-E7-E6-3D-DB-C0-83
[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:44.239] Changes :
Changed : HaystackContinued/Plugins/settings.cfg

[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:44.239] Cache SHA = 7B-A0-C3-22-A0-E7-75-83-7B-73-63-E6-34-4D-B5-DB-EF-D9-17-7D-0A-4F-26-B7-2C-2B-56-90-85-0F-AF-8E
[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:44.239] useCache = False
[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:44.239] Pre patch init
[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:45.498] compiling list of loaded mods...

It's constantly changing something in settings.cfg even though I've not changed anything in the settings.  This is causing all 220 mods to reload at startup every time.

Full log here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uxibi-9jkeUkdttRJ-hYQCfyKJvyCvzN

There's an error just before the Checking Cache, but I don't know if it's related to the cache, but I do remember you fixing another mod to use the plugindata folder for settings where it was loading constantly.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

@linuxgurugamer

Is there anyway you could fix this?

[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:33.679] Checking Cache
[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:40.763] SHA generated in 7.096s
[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:40.763]       SHA = F7-09-4F-29-FF-E7-73-20-3A-98-93-B2-AA-E8-62-C8-30-02-0E-8A-FF-FC-81-40-FB-D9-E7-E6-3D-DB-C0-83
[LOG 2019-07-29 18:29:44.239] Changes :
Changed : HaystackContinued/Plugins/settings.cfg

Ummm, well, a complete log would help.  Puzzling because that was fixed years ago in version 0.5.1.0 for KSP 1.1.3.

Please update the mod to the current version for whatever version of KSP you are running

On 7/29/2019 at 10:39 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, well, a complete log would help.  Puzzling because that was fixed years ago in version 0.5.1.0 for KSP 1.1.3.

Please update the mod to the current version for whatever version of KSP you are running

Sorry, I thought because it wasn't in the plugindata folder, the config is getting caught by MM.

Here is my log https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uxibi-9jkeUkdttRJ-hYQCfyKJvyCvzN

I thought you had said that before in another mod you took over and fixed.

I have 1.7.3 ksp, and 0.5.5 of Haystack.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Critter79606 said:

Sorry, I thought because it wasn't in the plugindata folder, the config is getting caught by MM.

Here is my log https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uxibi-9jkeUkdttRJ-hYQCfyKJvyCvzN

I thought you had said that before in another mod you took over and fixed.

I have 1.7.3 ksp, and 0.5.5 of Haystack.

Thanks!

Eeegaaddss, I'm so embarrassed.  The code I wrote was actually not doing anything, which is why you see the problem.

Working on a release now.

Edit:  There is a new release available on Github, there is some sort of problem with Spacedock, it's not allowing uploads to complete.  I'll work on it again tomorrow.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Eeegaaddss, I'm so embarrassed.  The code I wrote was actually not doing anything, which is why you see the problem.

Working on a release now.

Edit:  There is a new release available on Github, there is some sort of problem with Spacedock, it's not allowing uploads to complete.  I'll work on it again tomorrow.

No hurry.  Thanks for taking a look at it.

On 8/1/2019 at 8:11 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Spacedock still has problems, try going to Github and downloading it from there

Grabbed it from github this morning, and tested it.  Was able to load from cache again.

It also fixed the buttons not remembering the settings on load.

Thanks much!

Edited by Critter79606

• 4 weeks later...

Would appreciate having the ability to change flight naming priority added to the vessel renaming window. Currently are able to rename and change the type but not the priority. 

As always - thank you for the consideration.

VESSELNAMING
 {
     name = Orbital Tug
     type = Plane
     priority = 5
 }

github feature request added.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Further troubles. Either im wrong in assuming I can divide 360 by X amount of satellites to get an even spread around the planet. Or by time im getting to the end off my 20 satellites they have drifted in the time it takes to switch and change each orbit. As I came around to the 20th satellite there was a large gap between the first and last. I remember seeing a mod in the past that could manage satellite constellations. Im wondering if there's a way to automatically place each 20 crafts into an even spread.

Edited by Motokid600

First off, 20!? That's a crazy high number of satellites You really only need 3 or 4 for full coverage. However, if you're really wanting to do 20 just for fun, continue below.

1. 360/20 is 18, so you want your satellites 18 degrees apart.
  2. There IS a mod that helps you with satellite but I literally cannot think of its name which is driving me a bit mad. The problem is I've never used it as I don't bother with relay networks and instead just keep throwing satellites at the problem until coverage is good enough.
  3. One mod that's not made for this but that would allow you to do it is HyperEdit. Just go to each satellite and paste in the exact values, and then just keep adding 18 to each satellite's LAN (I think that's the one, it's been a while since I fiddled with HyperEdit too) until you get thorugh all 20. If you do them all one after the other the error from their orbiting should be low enough that you won't even notice it.

On 11/19/2019 at 12:56 AM, 5thHorseman said:

There IS a mod that helps you with satellite but I literally cannot think of its name which is driving me a bit mad. The problem is I've never used it as I don't bother with relay networks and instead just keep throwing satellites at the problem until coverage is good enough.

@Motokid600 I found it! Well, someone replied to its post and I saw it. But still.

• 4 weeks later...