[1.12.x] Haystack ReContinued

linuxgurugamer

Forum user @Qberticus wrote this a long time ago, and hasn't been around for many months, so I'm adopting it since I do use it.  If he ever comes back, I'll be happy to give it back to him.  Original thread is here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/81114-12-

nHuSS2N.png

Haystack Continued

Now you can find that lost ship you were looking for!

• Updated for 1.4.1
  • Added ClickThroughBlocker support
  • New hard dependency on the ClickThroughBlocker
  • Added part count to display
  • Added delete button

version 0.5.3

• Adoption by LinuxGuruGamer
  • Replaced toolbar code with ToolbarController
  • Changed resource loading from MainMenu to SpaceCentre
  • DLL moved into Plugins folder
  • Updated name and namespace names
  • New hard dependency on the ToolbarController

Version 0.5.2.1

• Updated to be compatible with new Contract Configurator changes.
  • Celestial bodies filter button state is now saved like the other filter buttons.
  • Vessel type icons for plane and relay have been added.

Main Features:

• Allows you to quickly see all of your vessels
  • You can quickly search for vessels without scrolling through the entire map
  • You can view your vessels grouped by the celestial body that they are orbiting
  • Works in Flight Map View and in the Tracking Center.
  • New in 0.3.1.0: You can now display a list of docking ports for the nearby ships (i.e., loaded in physics range) and target them. The list only displays available docking ports (i.e., the docking port must not have a ship docked and must have a free attach node)
  • New in 0.3.1.0: The docking port list includes support for the Docking Port Alignment Indicator mod's named port feature. If it detects this mod it will use the name of the docking port that has been set in the display. If the mod is not detected it will default to using the name of the part.
  • New in 0.3.3.0: Support for blizzy toolbar
  • New in 0.4.0.0: A new button that allows you to set vessels to be hidden from the list. The hidden vessels are saved in the save game file and will be saved whenever the game is saved.
  • New in 0.5.0.0: Added support so Haystack displays in the Space Center.
  • New in 0.5.1.0: Extended vessel and celestial body information window.
  • New in 0.5.1.0: Nearby button that makes managing bases and space stations easier.
  • New in 0.5.1.0: Sort ordering, orders sorts.
  • New in 0.5.1.0: Rename vessel from the extended vessel information window. (Click on the R button next to the ship's name).

Some screenshots:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Downloads:

Donations gratefully accepted

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Another one for the collection! We will be royally ... (in trouble?) if you ever stop Kerbaling!

If I may, a few suggestions/requests/comments.

1. Allow us to have both squad and blizy toolbar items, ie add another button to toolbarcontrol to select/deselect each option. I like blizy but sometimes I want to click on a big button.

2. During orbital flight I thought to switch from squad to blizy toolbar, but although squad toolbar item was removed, blizy item was not in list of available items to display. When I switched back to squad, the item appeared at the end of the toolbar items, not in its original place in the list.

3. Allow for GUI scaling, specifically the text.

4. Allow for window resizing, ie like that available for the one window mod.

5. Allow us to destroy craft, ie as if we were in the tracking station.

6. In the vessel/craft information, display the number of parts, as many items have the same name and it is not always easy to determine which is which if they are too similar.

Thank you for bringing life to this mod, I thought it worth taking a look at and I like the pop up window concept, make things easier to read etc.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone is interested, this mod mostly works in 1.4. The only real issue is the icons don't show, but everything has a tool tip, so no big deal. Listbox items also have wrong color. So it's functional enough until Linux gets to it, but of course, don't expect support until then.:wink:

On 1/26/2018 at 8:40 PM, Apaseall said:

Another one for the collection! We will be royally ... (in trouble?) if you ever stop Kerbaling!

If I may, a few suggestions/requests/comments.

1. Allow us to have both squad and blizy toolbar items, ie add another button to toolbarcontrol to select/deselect each option. I like blizy but sometimes I want to click on a big button.

Not going to happen, too much work, to many chances for error

2. During orbital flight I thought to switch from squad to blizy toolbar, but although squad toolbar item was removed, blizy item was not in list of available items to display. When I switched back to squad, the item appeared at the end of the toolbar items, not in its original place in the list.

I'll look into it.  But, I don't control the position of the buttons in the toolbar.

3. Allow for GUI scaling, specifically the text.

4. Allow for window resizing, ie like that available for the one window mod.

Not going to happen for a while, if ever.

5. Allow us to destroy craft, ie as if we were in the tracking station.

I'll consider it

6. In the vessel/craft information, display the number of parts, as many items have the same name and it is not always easy to determine which is which if they are too similar.

Again, I'll consider it

Sorry for the delay in posting. As usual, huge thanks for replying and commenting. I guess your hands are rather busy with 1.4.1 right now. I look forward to when I can make the switch full time to 1.4.1 but I am happy to have the goodies as and when they arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a log file I provided to another author, but it is relevant to Haystack as well.  IT contains four files, including KSP.log  and output_log.txt that you need.

In output_log.txt, I see this at line 6272, 6312:Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'D:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\HaystackContinued\icons\button_vessel_flag.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

Then there are quite a few lines at 400040, including a failed load file.

I'm using the latest version from github.  Perhaps a corrupted download?  I'll re-download/install after I post this.

Edited by Apollo13

37 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

This is a log file I provided to another author, but it is relevant to Haystack as well.  IT contains four files, including KSP.log  and output_log.txt that you need.

In output_log.txt, I see this at line 6272, 6312:Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'D:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\HaystackContinued\icons\button_vessel_flag.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

I'm using the latest version from github.  Perhaps a corrupted download?  I'll re-download/install after I post this.

No, it is unity, i need to make some code changes

2 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

Ummm, where is the log file?

It's odd, because it's working fine for me.

Regardless, I've changed some code to do it a different way.

You will need to download an updated version of the ToolbarController when you get the Haystack update

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Strange, the error doesn't make sense.  

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Texture2D.LoadImage'.
  at HaystackContinued.Resources.LoadTextures () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
HaystackContinued.Resources:LoadTextures()
HaystackContinued.HaystackResourceLoader:Awake()
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(GameScenes)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

It says that a Unity method is missing.  Turns out there are a number of reports about this on the web.

It tells me that the changes I made to the code will fix it, so I'll release the fix in a few minutes.

New release, 0.5.4.1:

• Changed method of loading images to use the ToolbarControl.LoadImageFromFile
  • Moved icon folder into PluginData to avoid useless error messages from Unity

You MUST update to the latest version of the ToolbarController, 0.1.5.7, for this to work

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Noobton said:

I'm having the Icons Issue, here's the log

I'm sorry, what is the "icons" issue?

If you are talking about this:

then you have an extra copy of the dll somewhere

thanks for checking this, I meant the icons issue reported by Apollo13.

What DLL I'm looking for?

SY2kYNb.jpg

I only found 1 Haystack dll on my gamedata, also my install is on G, I do have a D drive but nothing related to KSP there

Haystack no longer appears in KSP 1.4.3.  Here's the log files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g525nh7o0t94lv5/KSP_log.zip?dl=0

I've reloaded latest versions of Haystack, 001_TollbarControl, and ClickThroughBlocker.

Note:  I know you're busy updating 100+ mods.  I just wanted to make you aware of this.  thanks for your efforts.

Edited by Apollo13

• 3 months later...

Hi.

I am trying this mod with RO RP1 with RSS Expanded in KSP 1.3.1

I used it before in RO - RSS, KSP 1.2.2 with no problems

I downloaded version 0.5.3 (for KSP 1.3.1)

But the haystack button does not appears anywhere when I run the game.

I have no flights started. Just starting a new game. A clean 1.3.1 install, followed by RO/RP1 install and RSS-Expanded.

Edited by Jaeleth

From the changelog of 0.5.3

Adoption by LinuxGuruGamer
Replaced toolbar code with ToolbarController
Changed resource loading from MainMenu to SpaceCentre
DLL moved into Plugins folder

Updated name and namespace names

You probably need to install ToolbarControler as well :) (linked in the OP)

• 5 months later...