Any way to do game load faster?

i have a lot of mods and i know that a lot of mods does game load slower for needing to load more things, but any way to increase loading speed? My pc is slow as a fu.xck, i play with lowest settings, i used a way that could reduce 50% of ram usage so it could be faster, it takes like 10-20 minutes to load its very sad to wait but its awesome when load any way to load faster please post. :P

Edited by Hunony

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/01/2018 at 9:51 AM, The Aziz said:

It's about loading files from hard drive. (more specifically: reading speed is important here.) SSD drive could speed up things a lot (and I'm the guy who don't use it so ye).

Actually it's mainly hard drive reading speed.

The only one can do with investing in new hardware is to de-frag the disk.

But some data files are packed/compressed and has to be unpacked which is cpu/memory speed related.

My laptop (for playing while travelling) is low on both so I'm well aware of the frustration.

My solution is letting it take it's time and get some coffee while waiting :wink:

A faster hard drive will have the biggest effect. Aside from a physical upgrade, regular disks (not SSDs) can be sped up by defragmenting the drive.

Beyond this, you can make sure there are as few files as possible for the game to load. It checks everything in the GameData folder, so moving readme files, old installer zips, and included source code folders out of GameData into a new folder next to KSP.exe could help.

I'm not sure if this is still an issue, but in the past, Unity attempted to search network connections when loading files. The fix for that was to disable unused network connections, such as those made by Hamachi.

On 23/02/2018 at 11:14 AM, pizzaoverhead said:

A faster hard drive will have the biggest effect. Aside from a physical upgrade, regular disks (not SSDs) can be sped up by defragmenting the drive.

Beyond this, you can make sure there are as few files as possible for the game to load. It checks everything in the GameData folder, so moving readme files, old installer zips, and included source code folders out of GameData into a new folder next to KSP.exe could help.

I'm not sure if this is still an issue, but in the past, Unity attempted to search network connections when loading files. The fix for that was to disable unused network connections, such as those made by Hamachi.

hm ok thanks i'll check some files

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.