KSP installs without settings.cfg

Hi, I bought and downloaded Kerbal Space Program and everything starts up fine, but when I try to change any settings, it does not apply at all, clicking accept does not work. I finally narrowed it down to the settings.cfg which is missing from a totally fresh install of KSP. Could the developers look into this? I'm running 1.3.1 and I had to copy the settings.cfg from a github page before it would apply the graphics settings.

• 2 months later...

I have had this problem since I think 1.2.2 hit? anyway the last few versions have done this to me. I just got used to dropping my old config file into every new version. If your playing just under Steam you should always keep a back up. If you don't have one you might try just dropping in a blank text file and calling it -settings.cfg - Its a old issue if your under Linux  Squad should know about it but you might want to file a bug report? Or look there is probably one you could add to already.

Edited by Delbrutis

It's perfectly normal for KSP to install without a settings file, it gets generated by KSP on loading if it's not found. If it's not being created I would advise you check if KSP has write permissions in the installation folder, you would think on Steam this is a given, but that's not always the case. Check here to find out how to repair the folder's permissions on Steam (Repair Library Folder subsection):

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.