[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] AnyRes Continued - Change your screen resolution on the fly

linuxgurugamer

Forum user @CliftonM write this nice little utility which changes the screen resolution on the fly.  He hasn't been around since August, and since I use this, I'm adopting it.  Original thread is here:  https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/134621-12

New Dependencies

What does it do?

It allows you to quickly and easily change the screen resolution and switch between fullscreen and windowed.  You can use any resolution imaginable as long as it is  positive number.

How do I use it?

In any scene, simply press alt + /, or click the toolbar button if it's available.  It will automatically open up when you're in the settings menu.

Pictures:

JlroPJ7.png

I was never happy with the original interface, and took this opportunity to redo it in a cleaner method.  The changes I've done include:

• Rewrote all windows to make it a much simpler interface
  • Removed the confusing presets windows
  • Created Changelog file
  • Added support for ToolbarController, for Blizzy toolbar support
  • Added settings page for Toolbar control
  • Added Toggle on window for toolbar control

Dependencies

This mod is now dependent on two other mods, the Click Through Blocker and the Toolbar Controller.  These mods are not included in the download, you need to download and install them yourself.  CKAN installs will automatically install them

There is a hard dependency on the Click Through Blocker mod, available here:

There is a hard dependency on the Toolbar Controller mod, available here:

Download

Donations gratefully accepted

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Oh dear. https://www.dropbox.com/s/83rpdcz36s3qiqf/saves for AnyRes.1.output_log.txt?dl=0 . Seem to have some errors here:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AnyRes.AnyRes.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Those might be causing these:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thought I would be cheeky and throw this one in too:

Spoiler

Janitor's Closet: Error adding ApplicationLauncher button: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

If it is any help, I am currently launching KSP in windowed mode. The errors appeared there. Resolution is for 4K, 3840 x 2160.

New release, 2.0.0.1:

• Fixed nullref which occurred before getting to the SpaceCenter
  • Added logging class
  • Added new setting:  UseKSPSkin, in the settings page
  • Deleted some commented-out code

There is also an update for the ToolbarController which you should install also

I posted the first log that I became aware of this. I realized it was rather big, so I posted the actual error messages so that you could do a quick search for them. I also thought not to tamper with the edit file, as I may edit out something that you might need. My apologies.

How do I ping you? Great news that you already had it fixed. I will land this plane and give the updates a whirl.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, glibbo said:

Hi, it seems that the spacedock link to toolbar controller is broken? keeps going to spacedock...

Huh? What link?  I put a link to the forum thread for it, the Toolbar Controller is not on spacedock yet, only github

Edit:  Oh, you mean the link to it on Spacedock.  Just fixed it

Thanks.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Thanks for bringing back a great mod!
Slight issue: I just installed 2.0.0.2 and started the game. And AVC comes on and tells me there's a newer version 2.0.0.3 available.
I expect some typo someplace, nothing for getting headaches about. Just mentioning it, in case other users of AVC express confusion.

Edited by DerGolgo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

It seems that there's some trouble installing this extension onto 1.4.1 as it makes CKAN crash with the following message  (I post here because I didn't had any trouble with other mods including some you're already maintaining):

Unhandled exception:
CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: C:\Users\Dominique\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9947.tmp has length 45239, should be 45237
   à CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   à CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)
   à CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<DownloadModules>b__3(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)
   à CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.triggerCompleted(Uri[] file_urls, String[] file_paths, Exception[] errors)
   à CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.FileDownloadComplete(Int32 index, Exception error)
   à System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   à System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch() 

Testing with 7-zip the manually downloaded archive doesn't show any error.

Edited by DfA-DoM
gave more details

4 hours ago, DfA-DoM said:

Hi,

It seems that there's some trouble installing this extension onto 1.4.1 as it makes CKAN crash with the following message  (I post here because I didn't had any trouble with other mods including some you're already maintaining):

Unhandled exception:
CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: C:\Users\Dominique\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9947.tmp has length 45239, should be 45237
   à CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   à CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)
   à CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<DownloadModules>b__3(Uri[] _uris, String[] paths, Exception[] errors)
   à CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.triggerCompleted(Uri[] file_urls, String[] file_paths, Exception[] errors)
   à CKAN.NetAsyncDownloader.FileDownloadComplete(Int32 index, Exception error)
   à System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   à System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch() 

Testing with 7-zip the manually downloaded archive doesn't show any error.

Clear the ckan cache and try again

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, AtleSt said:

for some reason when i alt tab my game res bumps up to 4k which is an fps nightmare so this mod is great

I’m having a similar problem as of about 10 days ago. I blame the latest Nvidia drivers. I launch my game and it’ll suddenly be in 4K. So I back out to the main setup screen, reset it back to 1920x1080, then load my save. Back to 4K again. Grrrrr. Lather, rinse, repeat ...

Hoping to give this a try tonight. 

23 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

I’m having a similar problem as of about 10 days ago. I blame the latest Nvidia drivers. I launch my game and it’ll suddenly be in 4K. So I back out to the main setup screen, reset it back to 1920x1080, then load my save. Back to 4K again. Grrrrr. Lather, rinse, repeat ...

Hoping to give this a try tonight. 

yeah i know, having a 4k monitor is great and all but some unity games just don't work right

• 4 weeks later...