[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] AnyRes Continued - Change your screen resolution on the fly

linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, putnamto said:

when playing in fullscreen the toolbar button doesnt work, and using ALT / brings up the menu, but after changing resolution i cant click on anything in the game anymore.

How are you starting the game?  In full screen mode, windowed or with the -popupwindow option specified?  What resolution was it at, and what were you changing it to?

Changing resolution can be tricky, there is an endless number of ways it can be done, and some of them won't work properly

I need more information to help you

On 10/29/2018 at 11:18 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

How are you starting the game?  In full screen mode, windowed or with the -popupwindow option specified?  What resolution was it at, and what were you changing it to?

Changing resolution can be tricky, there is an endless number of ways it can be done, and some of them won't work properly

I need more information to help you

-popupwindow
desktop is at 3840x2160
game is at 1920x1080
the game runs fine at 1080 until i go to the launchpad/runway, then it shifts back to 2160, if i open the anyres window and switch it back to 1080 it switches fine but clicking on the various bits and bobs in the game does nothing forcing me to restart the game.

the only work around ive found is to not use anyres and switch my desktop to 1080 before starting the game, but as we all know switching desktop resolutions is a PITA and it moves my rainmeter stuff into weird spots, sometimes even off screen.

Edited by putnamto

37 minutes ago, putnamto said:

then it shifts back to 2160

You need to figure out what is causing this.  It sound like AnyRes is getting confused as to what the resolution is.

39 minutes ago, putnamto said:

clicking on the various bits and bobs in the game does nothing forcing me to restart the game.

This is because of that unknown shift of resolution

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Release 2.0.3 is confirmed to be working with KSP 1.8.1.2694, installed with CKAN by manually selecting the release.

I have a fresh new install of KSP (just got the game a few days ago). Resolution was constantly changing for unknown reasons and I resorted to this mod, which is an easy workaround.

Note: Turns out I accidentally installed AnyRes (original, 1.4.1) and it somehow worked fine too.

• 4 months later...

I just want to say a HUGE thank you to Linuxgurugamer for maintaining this wonderful little mod.

I had been suffering from the dreaded 4K reset bug, then I installed this.  I still get the 4K reset very frequently, but having this mod installed means I just click the button and life is all peachy again.  It has definitely saved my PC from being smashed with a baseball bat on more than one occasion.

THANK YOU!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, DfA-DoM said:

Hi,

As a dual (and sometime triple) screen user, I'd love to have AnyRes also handling the window placement on the desktop.

Is it possible?

There is a small applet called WinExplorer than can do this when you have a borderless windowed KSP open that's not the full resolution of your screen: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/winexp.html
But yeah, it'd be super neat if AnyRes could somehow do this.

Edited by Poodmund

• 3 months later...

Hello, first thanks for maintaining this mod, it's extremely useful. I'm having a minor issue with it where every time I switch scenes or switch between craft right next to eachother, my resolution returns back to 4k and I need to press alt + / again to change it back to 1440p. This isn't world-crushingly annoying, but I do need to move some info windows around when this happens which is a minor nuisance. Is this normal behaviour due to limitations of the game, or has anyone found a workaround? Thanks in advance for any response.

I'm running a very large suite of mods on a strong rig, but none of them interfere with how the game is displayed besides Scatterer, EVE, Parallax, and Planet Shine.

Edited by SeanJames2323
Added that is also happens on craft switching

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 8:05 AM, SeanJames2323 said:

Hello, first thanks for maintaining this mod, it's extremely useful. I'm having a minor issue with it where every time I switch scenes or switch between craft right next to eachother, my resolution returns back to 4k and I need to press alt + / again to change it back to 1440p. This isn't world-crushingly annoying, but I do need to move some info windows around when this happens which is a minor nuisance. Is this normal behaviour due to limitations of the game, or has anyone found a workaround? Thanks in advance for any response.

As mentioned earlier, I have been having the problem non-stop - if anything it has become worse.  Previously it would happen every hour or two, now it is happening on every scene change like you.  I have tried every solution mentioned everywhere but the only true fix is to change the Windows desktop to the resolution you want to play the game in before starting the game.  A hassle for sure, but the lesser of two evils.

On the other hand, the other day I started a session forgetting to change from 4K to 1920x1080 as usual, but the game remained working for about 4 hours before crashing back to 4K.

In my experience, running with mods or vanilla doesn't make a difference.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, mxi_steel said:

hi! seems the resolution goes to default in the vab i also lose the anyres button in the vab 

Button is only in the space center scene.

That is the only change.  I was using it all evening without any problems.

are you using QuickStart?  Sometimes the game forgets the resolution when starting, if you are using QuickStart, then just spot in the aspaceCenter to set the resolution.

‘ This was changed for performance reasons

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Button is only in the space center scene.

That is the only change.  I was using it all evening without any problems.

are you using QuickStart?  Sometimes the game forgets the resolution when starting, if you are using QuickStart, then just spot in the aspaceCenter to set the resolution.

‘ This was changed for performance reasons

im starting it using the steam launcher should i be launching it off ckan

New release, 2.0.6

• Fixed log prefix
  • Added code to reset screen res at main menu, first time.  This will fix the issues with KSP sometimes forgetting the last set resolution when exiting the game

Note:  If the game forgets the screen resolution (ie: it gets reset to default), AnyRes will set the resolution to the last set resolution when the game gets to the main menu.