Game Breaking Bugs/glitches For Xbox One

Hello, recently I have encountered two major bugs/glitches in my time on playing on Xbox One Enhanced Edition. More specifically, I encountered them in career.  The first bug I encountered was my ship spinning in space continuously even with SAS on. This seemed to happen most when I came out of time warp with the SAS on. It also happened near planetary bodies too, when landing. The ship would even spin if time warp wasn’t activated. I have no idea what caused this. The next bug I encountered is much more serious as it involved restarting entire missions. I had accepted multiple contracts in career, which I had finished (not together). When I had finished them however, I could not go back to VAB, Space Center, or Tracking Center. I could open the pause menu but couldn’t click on any of the options that would allow me to leave. This forced me to quit the game, losing some but not all progress for that mission. I believe this glitch in particular to be caused by the switching between vessels or leaving to go to the space center after the rocket was in space.

1 hour ago, JoeKerbalGuy said:

Hello, recently I have encountered two major bugs/glitches in my time on playing on Xbox One Enhanced Edition. More specifically, I encountered them in career.  The first bug I encountered was my ship spinning in space continuously even with SAS on. This seemed to happen most when I came out of time warp with the SAS on. It also happened near planetary bodies too, when landing. The ship would even spin if time warp wasn’t activated. I have no idea what caused this. The next bug I encountered is much more serious as it involved restarting entire missions. I had accepted multiple contracts in career, which I had finished (not together). When I had finished them however, I could not go back to VAB, Space Center, or Tracking Center. I could open the pause menu but couldn’t click on any of the options that would allow me to leave. This forced me to quit the game, losing some but not all progress for that mission. I believe this glitch in particular to be caused by the switching between vessels or leaving to go to the space center after the rocket was in space.

The not being able to leave glitch has happened to me as well. I would click on, say the SPH, and couldn't enter it, enter the RnD labs but not exit, and so on. I found that a mod I installed was the cause, but mods aren't available on consoles (yet), so it must have been a glitch. After quitting the game, and re loading it, did you experience the glitch again?

Edited by The_Cat_In_Space

Yeah the ship spinning when you Eva is most likely trim being set.

I also had this problem at first.

Basically on x box if you press LB and a control input (ie pitch down/up A bit you will see a pink/purple indicator on the control hud bottom left.

It effectively tells the ship /plane to keep pitching/rolling etc in the direction set (trim can be useful for flying  planes) 

So just do a quick check before you go Eva if you see the pink markers. Then press LB+A ( L1 +X, on ps4)to reset trim and it should stop the spinning.

Atleast that's what it is on cursor controls. 

Not sure a bout other controls schemes

But it will tell you on controls panel if  using different  control's.  Looking for set trim and reset trim.

Hope this helps. 

As to the other issue , I've had the same freezing of the game. A restart usually does help.

I would recommend making a save before every  mission and a  couple during the mission. 

Just helps to safeguard against crashes.

And effectively gives you a revert for each mission even if youve  had to turn it off /go to tracking centre etc

• 7 months later...

I've never encountered this glitch but I've encountered something similar randomly when playing career mode  it would block me from placing or moving parts in the rocket/plane builders I can still use menu features like launch the rocket or save the game but it won't let me move or place till I quit and start the game and its always random in my experience it happens every 1 to 6 trips to the rocket/plane builders it gets really annoying but its not that bad compared to your problem

21 hours ago, 99Problems said:

I've never encountered this glitch but I've encountered something similar randomly when playing career mode  it would block me from placing or moving parts in the rocket/plane builders I can still use menu features like launch the rocket or save the game but it won't let me move or place till I quit and start the game and its always random in my experience it happens every 1 to 6 trips to the rocket/plane builders it gets really annoying but its not that bad compared to your problem 

Sometimes I have a glitch where I load a rocket, but when I try to place the parts, it dosen't connect. Have to restart KSP

• 7 months later...

Bump. Im having issues in career as well on Xbox but they are contacts. Ive had two do this now. 

First one was just test the flea booster on the launch pad - just plain doesn't work. It won't give you the contract.

Second one I just encountered now in a test rt10 hammer contact. It won't recognize that I have an rt 10 hammer engine with me for some reason so I can't complete the contract. Its really frustrating this has been going on for so long.

• 2 months later...

..had the same problems for the xbox one version, but it only happens when trying to switch to a ship landed on the Mun after leaving it to go back to the space center, then the rest of the game gets buggy, only thing to do at that point is quit to the dashboard and hard restart to clear the cache memory, then restart the game save.. best advice is to quick-save before each major maneuver, and have multiple quick saves so you can go back a step..  

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2018 at 3:53 PM, JoeKerbalGuy said:

The first one I've seen to a degree. SAS is similar to an aircraft's trim (in some ways), SAS holds a certain orientation unless circumstances change, asymetric engines, drag, etc. When you spin fast enough for a few seconds, SAS retrims itself, and you tumble around untill you input enough pressure to change orientation of trim enough to bring it back to neutral. I use this to hurl crafts away, especially old parts and such I can't recover, or am to lazy to deorbit and save money, toward celestial bodies, so they crash into the planet. I don't timewarp or phys warp during this time, so it could be why it spins. Ive never had number 2 happen yet. 

On 5/4/2019 at 12:13 PM, gmartini01 said:

Bump. Im having issues in career as well on Xbox but they are contacts. Ive had two do this now. 

First one was just test the flea booster on the launch pad - just plain doesn't work. It won't give you the contract.

Second one I just encountered now in a test rt10 hammer contact. It won't recognize that I have an rt 10 hammer engine with me for some reason so I can't complete the contract. Its really frustrating this has been going on for so long.

None of the test contracts work, they haven't since they redid some of the parts, and couldn't port the fix of contracts over.

On 1/28/2018 at 5:43 AM, mikey117 said:

Yeah the ship spinning when you Eva is most likely trim being set.

I also had this problem at first.

It could be that. I use SAS as my rudimentary trim, which works perfect, and fine tune for absolutes.

As long as I can support forward movement, and positive pitch, SAS works fine as an autopilot and trim system. It holds the AOA unless stall, or time/physwarp, which is really nice.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.