Cannot save after capturing asteroid

This is extremely frustrating because I came across this exact same issue in the last KSP console version, as detailed here.

Whenever you capture an asteroid using the claw, that bug occurs where you can't save or progress your game. Like last time, this bug occurs 100% of the time. There is no workaround for this.

Did no one really test this before releasing the game??? This was a known bug.

On 28/01/2018 at 1:14 PM, Eterna1Soldier said:

This is extremely frustrating because I came across this exact same issue in the last KSP console version, as detailed here.

Whenever you capture an asteroid using the claw, that bug occurs where you can't save or progress your game. Like last time, this bug occurs 100% of the time. There is no workaround for this.

Did no one really test this before releasing the game??? This was a known bug.

In the Flying Tiger version, I captured an asteroid put it in a 100km circular orbit and used it as a space/ refuelling station. Never had an issue saving after capture. i'm expecting to do this again with this version but now i'm worried I wont be able to.

Okay, I figured out what is causing the bug.

The save bug is being triggered by a contract bug. If you have an active contract to capture a certain class of asteroid, then the game will glitch the moment you fulfill that requirement. However, if you cancel the contract (or don't take one at all), then the save bug will not trigger.

Also, if you have a contract to capture a certain asteroid class, but capture a different class instead, then the bug will not trigger. It will only trigger if you capture an asteroid that meets the classification requirement in the contract.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.