Kerbal Animation

Developers/Modders:

I love this game.  It is truly one in a million and deserves accolades.

Cockpits aside, I would like to see more animation from the kerbals once in space, and/or on the surface in IVA mode which would be more relevant to larger space craft and stations.  To be more specific, kerbals in the lab, possibly mod spaces such as habitats, greenhouse, and others, should be moving around doing "tasks," not just seated at a single workstation.  There are several highly detailed mods with highly detailed IVAs whereby an "off duty" kerbal is assigned to a habitat for rest and/or exercise.  Currently, the kerbal is move to a spot or "chair."  Would it be possible to add coding and scripts to allow this kerbal to move about the habitat and do a couple of "tasks" in the galley, eat, clean up, then crawl into a berth, snooze, then do exercise, so on.  Having a kerbal assigned to "gardening" in the greenhouse where he moves within the space of the greenhouse "gardening" and tending to plants.  Gravity effects such as walking or "floating" through spaces should be considered.   Based on scenes at the Space Center, I believe it would be possible in the game engine.

Just an idea similar to activities I see in games such as Banished, Tropico, ect whereby the populace is actually moving around doing their inherit tasks.  This would give KSP an added facet to the base game and more play-ability.

107 posts and no likes? I'll fix that. :wink:

Good idea, I like this; simple and elegant. I think it would add a lot of life to stations and bases as well.

It doesn't even need to be anything crazy, just some Scientists fiddling with beakers, and Engineers maybe working at a panel with a screwdriver; just on a continuous loop or something. Maybe Pilots going over checklists on a pad of paper, or pushing buttons at a console.

As long as it only loads when you click on the IVA button, this would be awesome.  Seriously doubt we'll see it in stock, a lot of dev time for a feature that most people would be unlikely to use, let alone use a lot.

Now, if I could control the kerbal inside the lab and do experiments myself, like a minigame system to earn science....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.