[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

1 hour ago, TonedMite133805 said:

I am having Trouble with SSPXr, can you tell me if you see any problems?

Reveal hidden contents

How do I post an Image?

Upload it to imgur (or another image hosting site) and copy and paste the direct link into your post.

On 2/22/2019 at 9:49 AM, Tyko said:
On 2/22/2019 at 9:39 AM, Tonka Crash said:

@Tyko Did you come up with a spreadsheet for your rebalance that you could post and share? I don't use this mod as it's not stockalike enough for me. But I do use Nertea's old retired Stockalike Station Parts Expansion and many of the parts are similar. It needs a USI-LS update that I just haven't gotten around to yet. 

Sure, I'll give it a once-over this weekend and share it with you. The disclaimer is that i'm not 'publishing" this, but rather sharing it with others who want to try it out. If there's broad support I may consider doing an actual release.

Damn...fell behind on this because of ReStock work..I'll work on it this week...  

Hey awesome mod - so many useful additions to the game! 

I did run into one problem, not sure if its me or a bug.

I was excited to see a 3 person science lab with 1500 storage but upon mounting it to my station and putting it full of scientists I discovered that it didn't actually process science. Tried different scientists - ones I moved out of my built-in lab, made sure it was the ONLY lab connected to the station, nothing worked... I didn't loose science and took it to another station with me, but was disappointed I couldn't use the awesome lab.

Is there a trick to it? am I not doing it right?

On 3/21/2019 at 6:53 PM, Atlas Gaming said:

Hey awesome mod - so many useful additions to the game! 

I did run into one problem, not sure if its me or a bug.

I was excited to see a 3 person science lab with 1500 storage but upon mounting it to my station and putting it full of scientists I discovered that it didn't actually process science. Tried different scientists - ones I moved out of my built-in lab, made sure it was the ONLY lab connected to the station, nothing worked... I didn't loose science and took it to another station with me, but was disappointed I couldn't use the awesome lab.

Is there a trick to it? am I not doing it right?

Sorry missed this. I haven't heard of any problems with this part, can anyone confirm issues or lack of issues?

5 hours ago, Nertea said:

Sorry missed this. I haven't heard of any problems with this part, can anyone confirm issues or lack of issues?

It works perfectly for me. Updated versions of KAC even recognize the higher data amounts and the higher rates.

Edited by Eridan

@Nertea

I hope you don't mind I ask. Since the latest snacks-release the numbers changed, would you mind I propose a new cfg file for the recycler modules?

I'm currently working on finding the right values for my recycler-configs (check my sig) so I thaught why not asking here. :D

Edited by LatiMacciato

1 hour ago, LatiMacciato said:

@Nertea

I hope you don't mind I ask. Since the latest snacks-release the numbers changed, would you mind I propose a new cfg file for the recycler modules?

I'm currently working on finding the right values for my recycler-configs (check my sig) so I thaught why not asking here. :D

Yes of course! I have no idea how the balance for external mods goes, so this always helps. 

On 4/1/2019 at 1:20 AM, Nertea said:

Yes of course! I have no idea how the balance for external mods goes, so this always helps. 

There you go: PR #187 I hope this works out.

changes:

• add general standard SoilRecycler to selected parts (rate = 1 snacks/seat/day, centrifuges using DeployedCrewCapacity)
  • 50% boost for both greenhouses (10 snacks per day/double rate of stock lab)
  • sspx-greenhouse-375-1: 30% boost EC usage and Snacks output in both modules (SoilRecycler, SnackProcessor)

EDIT: I have no idea why the Travis CI failed, maybe it has nothing to do with the script I proposed. I'm new to that Travis CI.

Edited by LatiMacciato

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 1:55 PM, LatiMacciato said:

EDIT: I have no idea why the Travis CI failed, maybe it has nothing to do with the script I proposed. I'm new to that Travis CI.

Just so you know (I just clarified this in some git stuff), but PRs should always to to the dev branch for my mods. PRs to master will trigger the release test chain, which will fail the build (because it's not ready to be released)

On 4/10/2019 at 8:20 PM, Nertea said:

Just so you know (I just clarified this in some git stuff), but PRs should always to to the dev branch for my mods. PRs to master will trigger the release test chain, which will fail the build (because it's not ready to be released)

My mistake, I'm sorry! Next time I try beeing wiser.

Edited by LatiMacciato

On 12/20/2018 at 6:43 AM, Boamere said:

Just thought I should mention that this mod doesn't work with USI-LS habitation anymore,  some update with the module means that none of the parts are giving multipliers or extra months 

Edit: specifically it's the SSPXR-USILS.cfg that needs editing.

I'm working on copy pasting the new module for ULS to it now, I'll see if it works

This Pastebin File is my edited SSPXR-USILS.cfg, I tested it in the VAB just now and it seems to work. I'm going to bed though so I'll see if it works in game tomorrow Works in game. not sure about the greenhouses

Edit: just to reiterate this file is only for use with the Constellation pack version of the USI-LS as that is most up to date area of Roverdudes mods

This .cfg works indeed, the problem seems to be about not starting life support and habitation on the SSPXR.
The following picture shows two exact copies of a craft, the lower craft (in the ls-tab) is a craft that was launched long ago, with a fresh cycle of kerbals.
Their hab timer matches the hab timer of the newly launched, identical craft that has not yet started its life support and habitation.

Spoiler

CwuKizi.png

The following image is of the hab timer after replacing the standard .cfg with your .cfg.
After using your .cfg I could actually activate the hab and life support on the SSPXR modules.
The MB2 tabs on the hab modules now have both a start habitat and stop habitat button after starting the habitats, normally there is only one button, that changes to the opposite of whatever state the module is in.

Spoiler

46B2tlw.png

Also, here's my KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10pExI0Wa1JeQMpfelBQ86GnorUb4QA9j

EDIT: I found more problems: The hab timer doesn't actually seem to go down for either kerbal, or only one kerbal at a time. EVA-ing and boarding resets both hab timers.

Spoiler

x83DhFc.png

hJSewZl.png

Edited by iGGnitE
More problems

Since using this mod in 1.7, the kerbals seats are oriented wrong in the bagel inflatable centrifuge module. I am testing further to see if other centrifuges have the same problem as well as other types of parts.

After some testing: As far as I know, all seats in the 3.75 centrifuges are fine. Some seats in the 2.5 centrifuge look a little strange but the seats are oriented properly and the kerbals are actually sitting in them. As for the 1.25m centrifuges, both of them are completely borked. I tested the larger 1.25m inflatable hab which seems to be working fine as well, it's just the 1.25m centrifuges. Often the IVAs for kerbals are black because they're clipped into the walls, heads clip out, they're basically just all over the place, but it's only for the 1.25m centrifuges. I'm sad because these are the ones I use the most, specifically the bagel.

unknown.png

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

49 minutes ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

Since using this mod in 1.7, the kerbals seats are oriented wrong in the bagel inflatable centrifuge module. I am testing further to see if other centrifuges have the same problem as well as other types of parts.

After some testing: As far as I know, all seats in the 3.75 centrifuges are fine. Some seats in the 2.5 centrifuge look a little strange but the seats are oriented properly and the kerbals are actually sitting in them. As for the 1.25m centrifuges, both of them are completely borked. I tested the larger 1.25m inflatable hab which seems to be working fine as well, it's just the 1.25m centrifuges. Often the IVAs for kerbals are black because they're clipped into the walls, heads clip out, they're basically just all over the place, but it's only for the 1.25m centrifuges. I'm sad because these are the ones I use the most, specifically the bagel.

(picture goes here later)

I didn't see any of these problems in my testing last night, can anyone else confirm this at all?

23 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

added screenshot, only the IVAs are relevant

I don't recall things looking like that, I'll look into it but it's going to be pretty low priority. It would help if you could flip on the IVA overlay and show me visually exactly which Kerbals on which parts are affected. 

SSPXr 1.2.0

• KSP 1.7.x
  • Updated ModuleManager to 4.0.2
  • Updated NearFutureProps to 0.5.1
  • Update to Snacks compatibility (LouisCyfer)
  • Change to EPL productivity of habitats (thanks Starstrider42)
  • Updates to USI compatibility (thanks Dan-Shields and Boamere)
  • Removed accidentally included spin resources on small 1.25m centrifuge
  • Fixed collider inconsistency on 1.25m Utility module
  • Propagated new-style foil endcaps from Restock to all 2.5m parts
  • Propagated new-style hatches and airlocks from Restock to parts where appropriate
  • Propagated improvements to replacement docking port from Restock to replacement docking port (note, Metal/Insulated variants are still here!)
  • Propagated improvements to replacement Hitchhiker, Lab and Cupola from Restock (note, endcap variants are still here!)
  • Recompressed all external textures using higher quality compressor

There were a lot of changes to the mod compatibility patches this time. I integrated changes from things I got from PMs, attached zips, and actual PRs. It's entirely possible there is an integration issue, in which case I will fix it, but for the future this has to come as a PR, unless it is a one-line change. It's too difficult for me to ensure things work together appropriately otherwise, particularly since I usually don't use the mods in question and can't test/understand the configs effectively. 

5 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Hey @Nertea I’m curious...If you have Restock installed alongside SSPXR, which mod’s revamps (for the Hitchhiker, MSL and 1.25m docking port) take priority?

Per the note from the changelog:

27 minutes ago, Nertea said:
  • Propagated improvements to replacement docking port from Restock to replacement docking port (note, Metal/Insulated variants are still here!)
  •  Propagated improvements to replacement Hitchhiker, Lab and Cupola from Restock (note, endcap variants are still here!)

To expand, the Restock variants are now propagated to this mod, so you will get the same model. However, with SSPXr installed, you will gain the endcap swap and docking port variant swap options. 

4 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Per the note from the changelog:

To expand, the Restock variants are now propagated to this mod, so you will get the same model. However, with SSPXr installed, you will gain the endcap swap and docking port variant swap options. 

Sorry, I might not have phrased my question correctly. I was wondering, if you have SSPXR and Restock installed together, are the Restock revamps automatically disabled or vice versa?

The SSPXr revamps *are* the Restock ones. They were some of the first parts made for that mod, before I even really started working on it. Here's what happens in the four scenarios:

1. Restock installed -> Restock revamps
  2. SSPXr installed -> Restock revamps with additional part switch options
  3. SSPXr and Restock installed -> Restock revamps with additional part switch options
  4. Nothing installed -> you are sad and go download the mods