[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

@Nertea The BZ-1 Adjustable Base Frame has 3 legs, while the other base frames have an even amount of legs.  The 3 legs are ruining my lander which has 2 symmetrical sides. I would really appreciate it if you could add a version of it with 4 legs, or a setting of it. That would really help me, and probably others.qDhz5Zk.jpg

3 hours ago, majNUN said:

@hab136 - You did get the patch, yes? 

CjJ3qTF.jpg

I totally misunderstood and thought that patch was already in the game.

Before the patch (i.e. direct from SpaceDock):

3LpcrQK.png

After actually applying the patch:

59QIZNV.png

Looks great.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time!  I'll close the issue.

Edited by hab136

20 hours ago, hab136 said:

I totally misunderstood and thought that patch was already in the game.

It should be included whenever I find time to release the next version. I've been really busy IRL though so that hasn't happened.

On 22.02.2018 at 10:33 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

If your KSP version is not 1.3.1, the plugin for it may be broken and is not expected to work on older KSP.

If you have USI MKS installed you need to have MaterialKits in the vessel, and if I'm right, use an Engineer on EVA to interact with the centrifuge.

But what is I dont have any USI mod and want to use centrifuges?

I've been trying for the last couple hours to install this mod, but I just can't get it to work. I unzip the file and drop the gamedata folder into Kerbal Space Program's gamedata folder. But when I load up KSP, the hitchhiker, cupola, and mobile lab are gone, and no new parts are added. I even got rid of all my other mods and it still didn't work. The mod also comes with a slightly older version of module manager, could that be the issue? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as this mod looks absolutely amazing. 

37 minutes ago, asparagus stagings is ugly said:

drop the gamedata folder into Kerbal Space Program's gamedata folder

There's your problem. There should never be another GameData folder within GameData. It exists in the zip as a point of reference for where everything goes when extracted and is not part of the mod.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:20 AM, Gidreess said:

But what is I dont have any USI mod and want to use centrifuges?

Just an engineer onboard. I flew a station with the small centrifuge to a far away moon in GPP and inflated it there.

24 minutes ago, Gilph said:

Just an engineer onboard. I flew a station with the small centrifuge to a far away moon in GPP and inflated it there.

Huh. I cant inflate it. You only have to go with 1 engineer and inflate? I send 3 engineers to the station and there isnt a button to inflate

38 minutes ago, Gidreess said:

Huh. I cant inflate it. You only have to go with 1 engineer and inflate? I send 3 engineers to the station and there isnt a button to inflate

When I get home, I can post a pic in one of by glitched posts above, just to make them useful. If you right click the centrifuge, one of the options should be "Inflate". I had even inflated, and deflated around my home world (Gael) before the burn, just to make sure it worked.

1 hour ago, Gidreess said:

If you've got MKS installed then you need material kits but you don't need an engineer. Otherwise just an engineer to inflate. They are pretty but I find I often crash into it when docking! Probably shouldn't put the docking ports so near...

3 hours ago, Pleb said:

If you've got MKS installed then you need material kits but you don't need an engineer. Otherwise just an engineer to inflate. They are pretty but I find I often crash into it when docking! Probably shouldn't put the docking ports so near...

4 hours ago, Gidreess said:

Here is my space station and ore miner around Minona, with Nero in the background. Note that the centrifuge is inflated and I have a deflate choice.  I flew it here (13y trip) deflated, and I inflated it when I arrived. Maybe I can do it because my Engineer is named Lefty. Seriously, how cool is that. Ol' Lefty can make anything work.

@PlebI updated my usual design to include the viewing port on top, station core, centrifuge, and big science lab. I have the regular docking ports in the middle and the big ones on bottom, well away from the centrifuge. Many will not like that they are attached to fuel tanks, but I dont mind. I make trips to mine ore and fill up the station to support follow-on ships.

WW3fnll.jpg

Edited by Gilph

On 2/22/2018 at 7:50 PM, 3spurr said:

@Nertea The BZ-1 Adjustable Base Frame has 3 legs, while the other base frames have an even amount of legs.  The 3 legs are ruining my lander which has 2 symmetrical sides. I would really appreciate it if you could add a version of it with 4 legs, or a setting of it. That would really help me, and probably others.qDhz5Zk.jpg

You could try adding a patch to TweakScale, to scale down the others. I don't know if it will work properly with the leveling system, but probably will.

Spoiler

@PART[sspx-adjusting-base-25-1,sspx-adjusting-base-cradle-25-1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = stack
        %defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}

@PART[sspx-adjusting-base-375-1,sspx-adjusting-base-cradle-375-1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = stack
        %defaultScale = 3.75
    }
}

@PART[sspx-adjusting-base-125-1,sspx-adjusting-base-cradle-125-1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = stack
        %defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

1 hour ago, MaximumThrust said:

You could try adding a patch to TweakScale, to scale down the others. I don't know if it will work properly with the leveling system, but probably will.

Hide contents

@PART[sspx-adjusting-base-25-1,sspx-adjusting-base-cradle-25-1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = stack
        %defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}

@PART[sspx-adjusting-base-375-1,sspx-adjusting-base-cradle-375-1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = stack
        %defaultScale = 3.75
    }
}

@PART[sspx-adjusting-base-125-1,sspx-adjusting-base-cradle-125-1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = stack
        %defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS definition might be needed.

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong! Terribly wrong. Scratch that.

yp51Yo8.png

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

8 minutes ago, MaximumThrust said:

Seems it started walking and is about to destroy the KCS with lasers :sticktongue:

Despite that, the leveling system worked with tweakscale? 

Yeah, seemed to. The legs individually adjusted fine. I tried to autolevel, and it didn't do anything, but I'm not sure how that works anyway (therefore not sure whether TweakScale affected it at all)!

Made a TweakScale patch if anyone wants to use it. I made some arbitrary choices in it (e.g. minimum of 0.625m scale in new SCALETYPEs based on my personal preferences), so... buyer beware and whatnot. :)

SCALETYPE
{
    name = SSPXR_stack25
    freeScale = true
    defaultScale = 1.25
    suffix = m
    scaleFactors   = 0.625, 	1.25, 	1.875,  2.5,  	3.75, 	5.0, 7.5, 10
    incrementSlide = 0.0625, 	0.0625, 0.025, 	0.125, 	0.125, 	0.1, 0.25
    TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS { mass = 2.5 }
}
SCALETYPE
{
    name = SSPXR_stack
    freeScale = true
    defaultScale = 1.25
    suffix = m
    scaleFactors   = 0.625, 	1.25, 	1.875,  2.5,  	3.75, 	5.0, 7.5, 10
    incrementSlide = 0.0625, 	0.0625, 0.025, 	0.125, 	0.125, 	0.1, 0.25
}
SCALETYPE
{
    name = SSPXR_surface
    freeScale = true
    defaultScale = 1.0
    scaleFactors   = 0.5,	0.75,	1.0,	1.25,	1.5
    incrementSlide = 0.05,	0.05,	0.05,	0.05
    suffix = x
}
@PART[sspx-adjusting-base-25-1,sspx-adjusting-base-cradle-25-1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = SSPXR_stack25
        %defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}
@PART[sspx-adjusting-base-375-1,sspx-adjusting-base-cradle-375-1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = SSPXR_stack25
        %defaultScale = 3.75
    }
}
@PART[sspx-adjusting-base-125-1,sspx-adjusting-base-cradle-125-1]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = SSPXR_stack25
        %defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}
@PART[sspx-cargo-container-25*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = SSPXR_stack
        %defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}
@PART[sspx-cargo-container-375*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = SSPXR_stack
        %defaultScale = 3.75
    }
}
@PART[sspx-cargo-container-radial*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = SSPXR_surface
    }
}
@PART[sspx-adapter-125-25*|sspx-cargo-25*|sspx-attach-25*|sspx-hub-25*|sspx-tube-25*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = SSPXR_stack25
        %defaultScale = 2.5
    }
}
@PART[sspx-adapter-0625-125*|sspx-attach-125*|sspx-cargo-125*|sspx-hub-125*|sspx-tube-125*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = SSPXR_stack25
        %defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}
@PART[sspx-adapter-25-375*|sspx-attach-375*|sspx-tube-375*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = SSPXR_stack25
        %defaultScale = 3.75
    }
}

9 hours ago, Gilph said:

@PlebI updated my usual design to include the viewing port on top, station core, centrifuge, and big science lab. I have the regular docking ports in the middle and the big ones on bottom, well away from the centrifuge. Many will not like that they are attached to fuel tanks, but I dont mind. I make trips to mine ore and fill up the station to support follow-on ships.

I like the design! However as I use Connected Living Space I try to ensure that where my ships dock is connected to areas that my Kerbals/Gaeleans would be able to move through. I'm in the process of building a new station in orbit of Ceti so I may try and put some centrifuges on it. No particular reason, I just haven't got anything in orbit of Ceti (except a communications/ScanSAT survey satelite)!

4 hours ago, Pleb said:

I like the design! However as I use Connected Living Space I try to ensure that where my ships dock is connected to areas that my Kerbals/Gaeleans would be able to move through. I'm in the process of building a new station in orbit of Ceti so I may try and put some centrifuges on it. No particular reason, I just haven't got anything in orbit of Ceti (except a communications/ScanSAT survey satelite)!

yeah...this is a >7000 deltav ship, so it is not Connected Living Space friendly, although I can move the four Mk1 Crew cabins and docking ports up a bit to make it so, and the large docking ports are for my ore miners mostly, and I can spacewalk the engineer back and forth if I need.

But that's a good idea. I should make a new Ceti hab station with SSPXr. I already have the fuel depot station there, so I don't need a lot of tank storage. There are a lot of inflatables, so I should be able to launch a single station without needing construction in orbit. Sounds like a fun project :)

Thanks

I was about to post "Man, these would be so amazing with IVAs.  But I get those are really tricky to pull off, especially with so many parts here."  Only to realize... you actually went and did it.  These are very impressive.  Well done.

Hi !  I'm french and i ahve a problem with the mod...  

It said : 3 engineer must be present to deploy parts from the mod...  and i have 5 engineer crew in my ship .... i dont know how to do :/ 

Ty for help

i1519959695-sans-titre.png