[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

22 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

This is mostly what I have spent the last couple of hours discovering. (I've been combing through wikis and part configs.)

The other thing that dawned on me as I was looking over things: As I was looking at the parts, I noticed that most of the cargo container models in SSPX don't actually have external doors. (Yeah, it's a nitpicky thing, but that's how I think.) I've now shifted to looking around to see if anyone has actually made a dedicated 3.75m KIS storage container. And I'm coming up with bupkis.

You know, I usually read the texture of those containers as insulation (they do look like blankets), so you could say the actual doors are hidden behind peel-away blankets? 

Source: I just watched a video of cosmonauts cutting through a Soyuz's external blankets to check if the patch on that hole was still holding. 

10 minutes ago, B-STRK said:

You know, I usually read the texture of those containers as insulation (they do look like blankets), so you could say the actual doors are hidden behind peel-away blankets? 

Source: I just watched a video of cosmonauts cutting through a Soyuz's external blankets to check if the patch on that hole was still holding. 

Fair enough. But, yeah, the only solution I could find was to create a duplicate part with a KIS config. I couldn't see any way to make KIS Inventory a tank type under B9PartSwitch because it's not simply a resource, it is its own module. Angel-125 appears to get around that by doing everything in custom code in WB Tools. He has some 3.75 tanks that convert to inventory, but the volumes are abysmal, I get more volume just using the large container that comes with KIS. So, I dunno, maybe I'll just stick with that for simplicity sake.

9 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Fair enough. But, yeah, the only solution I could find was to create a duplicate part with a KIS config. I couldn't see any way to make KIS Inventory a tank type under B9PartSwitch because it's not simply a resource, it is its own module. Angel-125 appears to get around that by doing everything in custom code in WB Tools. He has some 3.75 tanks that convert to inventory, but the volumes are abysmal, I get more volume just using the large container that comes with KIS. So, I dunno, maybe I'll just stick with that for simplicity sake.

I believe what Angel-125 does is *change* the amount of KIS space - not add or remove it.  That is, the volume is very low unless it's in KIS storage form.

31 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I believe what Angel-125 does is *change* the amount of KIS space - not add or remove it.  That is, the volume is very low unless it's in KIS storage form.

Interesting. I wonder if you could configure it so that the part has the KIS module but it is disabled and/or the volume is 0 unless the B9PartSwitch tank config is set to a certain parameter?

9 hours ago, Dnarbnellih2 said:

Does this mod have actual 1.25 meter habitats now? Not just small station cores without beds or anything?

There are a number of 1.25 station components. I know for sure there is a habitat, a station core and a service module that work really well together. Here's a pic showing the three of them

sQeYVwF.png

2 hours ago, Dnarbnellih2 said:

Damnit, let me guess, that's 1.5.1 right? I have 1.4.2 right now.

I have 1.4.5 and it's there too. I think the 1.4.5 compat could work within a 1.4.x environment.

Also, in any case, generally no harm in trying, right?

Edited by B-STRK

5 hours ago, Dnarbnellih2 said:

Well, it seems I did have the habitat, just never fully recognized it, what's the thing with solar panels in the picture 4 messages above though?

That's the Service Module, think of it like the Zvezda. IIRC, that's MP and EC, I might be forgetting something else, need to boot up KSP to check.

35 minutes ago, tonimark said:

one question what mods are compatible with this parts pack mod? so I can download them

Have a look in the OP. I’m pretty sure that most of the major life support mods are compatible, but DON’T try installing more than one life support mod at once!

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Have a look in the OP. I’m pretty sure that most of the major life support mods are compatible, but DON’T try installing more than one life support mod at once!

"Hey Jeb! Have you  noticed the O2 reading? We're using it twice as fast! Better get the whole crew looking for that leak..."

Just thought I should mention that this mod doesn't work with USI-LS habitation anymore,  some update with the module means that none of the parts are giving multipliers or extra months 

Edit: specifically it's the SSPXR-USILS.cfg that needs editing.

I'm working on copy pasting the new module for ULS to it now, I'll see if it works

This Pastebin File is my edited SSPXR-USILS.cfg, I tested it in the VAB just now and it seems to work. I'm going to bed though so I'll see if it works in game tomorrow Works in game. not sure about the greenhouses

Edit: just to reiterate this file is only for use with the Constellation pack version of the USI-LS as that is most up to date area of Roverdudes mods

Edited by Boamere

is it possible to get these to work with windowshine mod? or another way to get window reflections? I think the one on Windowshine's page is outdated.

edit: nevermind I had to mess with the configs

Edited by kostik

I'm in the process of building a StationParts compatibility patch for my mod, and after spending so much time looking at all the parts I just had to stop by and tell you how beautiful your models are. Seriously, all of these parts look fantastic, the animations are amazing, and best of all they make mechanical sense. Thank you so much for making this!

My adaptation of the Hermes from "The Martian" movie.  It was fun trying to recreate it.  Couldn't have done without this mod!

uc?export=view&id=1eRxWC6jtdZyf2BEAuyn7J

Compare to http://the-martian.wikia.com/wiki/Hermes_Spacecraft

@Nertea I'd also like to offer this part to you for addition to this mod.  It accepts both a size 1 and 2 docking ring in one part.  Compatible with any Clamp-o-tron/Clamp-o-tron Sr.  Pictured with the updated Clamp-o-tron graphics update from this mod (otherwise it uses stock).  Also supports the IndicatorLights mod.

"A Clamp-O-Tron and a Clamp-O-Tron Sr. all in one neat package."

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zhhtw6m6azXMuEmINbKocgRTgeDTtvOH (dockingPortMulti.cfg)

uc?export=view&id=1ZcJqQ6wruJJfwG7HbGPC-

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

Hey quick question: do the science SSPXR science labs count as "research labs" in base building contracts?

I think it depends on the mod.  If the contract calls it out by part name, then it's hit and miss.  If it does it by whether the part contains a science lab module, then it should.

1 minute ago, Norcalplanner said:

I think it depends on the mod.  If the contract calls it out by part name, then it's hit and miss.  If it does it by whether the part contains a science lab module, then it should.

Thanks! Yeah this is just a stock contract.