[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

1 minute ago, radicaled said:

I have a question. I don't play using mods, just the stock game.

If I install/copy the mod it could mess with my current builds?
Like parts of a space station missing or miss matching, something like that?

Thanks,

probably not

44 minutes ago, radicaled said:

I have a question. I don't play using mods, just the stock game.

If I install/copy the mod it could mess with my current builds?
Like parts of a space station missing or miss matching, something like that?

Thanks,

With mods that just add parts, you generally won't experience effects on existing craft when installing them; it's uninstalling that you tend to run into issues. Some mods that add mechanics that affect all craft (such as life support mods) can cause problems, but this mod just adds parts, so it should be fine.

4 hours ago, BerinianTankos said:

i do have it installed, yeah. is it still compatible with expandable parts?

Kerbals that have items in their "seat inventory" can't be moved to parts that don't provide such inventory. Take those items out and store them elsewhere and you can freely transfer them around again.

At least I think that's the problem you're seeing there.

I'm currently having the problem where not all of the mods parts are available in game. I have been really wanting to build an orbital base in Kerbin orbit and I want one of those fancy donut shaped inflatable rings. I looked through all of my parts and it didn't seem to be there. Now that I looked at the gallery of all of the parts I'm actually missing a few parts and I don't understand why. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Mods Installed:

ASET PRC
CommNet Antennas Consumptor
CommNet Antennas Extension
CommNet Constellation
CommNet Category Kit
Community Delta-V Maps
Community Parts Tiles
Community Resource Pack
Community Tech Tree
Community Living Space
Contract Configurator
Cryo Tanks
Cryo Tanks Core
Deployable Engines Plugin
Distant Object Enhancement Continued
Distant Object Enhancement Continued default config
Dynamic Battery Storage
Firespitter Core
Kerbal Actuators
Kerbal Atomics
Kerbal Engineer Redux
Kerbal Hacks: Asphalt Tiles (and Welded Parts)
Kerbal Joint Reinforecement - Next
KerBalloons
KipEng Agency
KipLowProfileHubs
Konstruction
KSP ExtendedAntennaProgression
KSP Rescue Contract Fix
MechJeb 2
Module Manager
All of the Near Future Tech Mods
Planes With Purpose
Pood's Calm Nebula Skybox
Pood's Deep Star Map Skybox
Pood's Milyway Skybox
RSS
Remote Tech Redev Antennas
Scatterer
Science - Full Reward & Full Transmit
Speed Unit Annex
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux
Texture Replacer
USI Tools
Warp Everywhere
Waterfall Core

I use CKAN and honestly I don't know what some of these mods do because they are auto installed with some of the mods I picked.

2 hours ago, FrodoSaggins said:

I use CKAN and honestly I don't know what some of these mods do because they are auto installed with some of the mods I picked.

I wouldn't install things that you don't know what they do or why. It's likely to really mess things up.

I saw you have RSS but no Kopernicus so that's odd.

What version of the game are you playing?

Have you tried a clean install with just this mod, is the issue still there?

7 hours ago, Cruesoe said:

I wouldn't install things that you don't know what they do or why. It's likely to really mess things up.

I saw you have RSS but no Kopernicus so that's odd.

What version of the game are you playing?

Have you tried a clean install with just this mod, is the issue still there?

I did a clean install last night and the problem was still there. All of the mods that are there that I didn't select to install were a result of installing some other mod. I'm using CKAN so I'm thinking those are necessary for those mods to run. I can try again though to see what the problem is. I am running the most up to date version of KSP and only using mods that CKAN says are compatible. 

33 minutes ago, FrodoSaggins said:

I did a clean install last night and the problem was still there. All of the mods that are there that I didn't select to install were a result of installing some other mod. I'm using CKAN so I'm thinking those are necessary for those mods to run. I can try again though to see what the problem is. I am running the most up to date version of KSP and only using mods that CKAN says are compatible. 

CKAN has a couple of different relationships which govern what is ticked by default and what isn't. Not all mods handle this the same way so by just installing everything the software says is checked, you don't get just dependencies, you'll get dependencies and recommended things. 

A few missing parts honestly frequently resolves to not unlocking things in the tech tree, particularly if added midgame, so I'd check that. You could post some useful debugging things, like logs, as well.

@FrodoSaggins I have resolved things like this in the past by simply doing a basic install  then installing the mods manually  then when you can confirm that its working fine  start adding in additional mods

So  I would start with just the squad folders and the station parts expansion mod directly downloaded from spacedock then testing it in sandbox mode

Hope that helps

Edited by Virtualgenius

8 hours ago, Nertea said:

CKAN has a couple of different relationships which govern what is ticked by default and what isn't. Not all mods handle this the same way so by just installing everything the software says is checked, you don't get just dependencies, you'll get dependencies and recommended things. 

A few missing parts honestly frequently resolves to not unlocking things in the tech tree, particularly if added midgame, so I'd check that. You could post some useful debugging things, like logs, as well.

So I did not think about the fact that installing a mod that expands the research tree for mods that provide additional parts would also lock those parts lol. I still get an error about metal textures but aside from that, all parts that I wanted are currently locked behind science, which is what I was aiming for. So for now, the problem I was hoping to solve has been resolved. I dont know if the errors I am getting now are due to Stockalike Station Parts but they work so I am not worried. I have screenshots of the errors that I am getting when I boot the game if anyone is interested though. (They're due to duplicated subtype names due to B9PartSwitch, but my game works so I am happy)

Just now, modus said:

I've read that the crew tubes are supposed to act like the klaw, but can you actually grab an asteroid?

Spent some time dryhumping an asteroid, but didn't get to score:(

they work at grabbing other parts, but I don't know about asteroids

25 minutes ago, modus said:

I've read that the crew tubes are supposed to act like the klaw, but can you actually grab an asteroid?

From my experience, those tubes can only grab other parts or kerbals. I guess it's sort of a nerf given how much better they are in some regards.

2 hours ago, modus said:

They should be able to grab asteroids (at least, there's no way to turn that off) but it will be harder as they don't have the same pivoting capability. 

I just installed the mod and I'm having issues with ivas in the centrifuge parts, there is no crew capacity and when I try to transfer crew into it, it says "part has no personal space." Is anyone able to help me? I just edited the files and I have working ivas now, mods you can delete this.

Edited by PaPaDawgg

1 hour ago, PaPaDawgg said:

I just installed the mod and I'm having issues with ivas in the centrifuge parts, there is no crew capacity and when I try to transfer crew into it, it says "part has no personal space." Is anyone able to help me? I just edited the files and I have working ivas now, mods you can delete this.

Welcome to the forums!

And this topic looks interesting. Im going to keep tabs of it.

1 hour ago, PaPaDawgg said:

hmmm, the personal space problem is something with 1.11/1.11.1, the Ivas should work I guess, but I can't sadly help you more

18 hours ago, PaPaDawgg said:

I think I've had this problem before. Do you have KIS because the last time I saw this it was KIS blocking crew entering places with items in their inventory. Just remove the inventory and it should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Sorry, I can't make it work. I downloaded it and put it in the game's gamedata folder. I don't understand what happens since I have already downloaded mods several times. please help me.

1. What exactly happened after you started the game? 

2. What is in the game data folder? A Screenshot would be good

3. This may sound stupid, but do you get a blackscreen at startup? If yes, the reason could be that the folders squad(and squad expansion if you have dlc's) aren't located in gamedata, this happened to me several times

Sry if I sounded rude, I'm just tired, it's 2:25 at my place in the morning :)