[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

1 hour ago, softweir said:

Yes, it is up-to-date, and  Nertea is actively developing it and keeping it so.

Hint: You can check (almost all) mods by looking at the title of the Mod release topic. This topic starts "[11.1x] ..." That is a convention used on this forum, whereby the number in the brackets refers to the version of KSP that a mod will work with. This one works with KSP v11.1 (the current one) and the "x" means it should work with any later, minor updates of KSP that might come out.

Happy launches!

6 hours ago, modus said:

Look at the title of this thread...

I did read the title of the thread. I just thought the [1.1] thing meant it is specifically designed for KSP 1.1. That’s why I was asking. 

So basically means it will work beyond 1.1?

1 minute ago, The Blazer said:

I did read the title of the thread. I just thought the [1.1] thing meant it is specifically designed for KSP 1.1. That’s why I was asking. 

So basically means it will work beyond 1.1?

not 1.1, 1.11, it works 100% with 1.11 and it's ''sub versions'' like 1.11.1/1.11.2/... it also may work in previous versions and may work in later ones but versions outside of 1.11 may have bugs/ not work at all

Well, for my big surprise this mod works in KSP 1.6. The problem is that most parts, like the inflatable modules, don’t have any animation and the gravity rings don’t work, which is a shame. But that is natural when you’re not playing the game version the mod is designed for.

Still, an AWESOME mod. Great job to the person/persons who made it. I really recommend it.

1 hour ago, YLIU said:

This mod is simply amazing, but for some reason, I can't find a docking port for the large size components. 

Search “PXL” and you will find a couple of adapters that you can stick on the ends of the big modules to taper down from 3.75m diameter to 2.5m. Then stick a Docking Port Sr. to that and viola.

Also you can take a look at Restock and Restock Plus. I highly recommend Restock if you don’t have it already, it dramatically improves the appearance (but doesn’t change any stats) of almost all the stock parts. Restock Plus is a modest expansion that adds a handful of new parts. One of them is the “Grande”  3.75m docking port.

Any chance of the Aquaculture Module getting a part module to produce food?  Give a Kerbal a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach him to run a proper Aquaculture Module and you feed him until the kraken eats him.  Is this something that a life support mod should be adding, so I should go ask in TACLS?

Edited by darthgently

1 hour ago, darthgently said:

Any chance of the Aquaculture Module getting a part module to produce food?  Give a Kerbal a fish, and you feed him for a day, teach him to run a proper Aquaculture Module and you feed him until the kraken eats him.  Is this something that a life support mod should be adding, so I should go ask in TACLS?

Okay, now that we’re in the proper forum... there are already prebuilt patches for the more popular life support mods (under the Patches sub folder in the mod folder) that assigns the fish tank to do things appropriate for a fish tank. For example, in Snacks, while it will not make Snacks from Ore like the greenhouses, it will recycle waste soil into snacks (not sure of the differentials between the greenhouse and fish tank, maybe the fishies do better?). TACLS would do things different. On installing both SSPXr and a life support mod, the part window will update to show the LS converters and the rates involved. 

So,  you gotta pick a life support mod first before expecting this mod to do life support. Otherwise, as a stock game has no life support needs whatsoever, all the fish tanks and greenhouses do is give unique science experiments. 

As for making the fish tank do something other than what had been programmed in the existing patches, that’s gonna take some config editing—and can lead to interminable arguments all over the place about “fish tanks can’t do that.” But it is your game, so...

Edited by B-STRK

9 minutes ago, B-STRK said:

Okay, now that we’re in the proper forum... there are already prebuilt patches for the more popular life support mods (under the Patches sub folder in the mod folder) that assigns the fish tank to do things appropriate for a fish tank. For example, in Snacks, while it will not make Snacks from Ore like the greenhouses, it will recycle waste soil into snacks (not sure of the differentials between the greenhouse and fish tank, maybe the fishies do better?). TACLS would do things different. On installing both SSPXr and a life support mod, the part window will update to show the LS converters and the rates involved. 

So,  you gotta pick a life support mod first before expecting this mod to do life support. Otherwise, as a stock game has no life support needs whatsoever, all the fish tanks and greenhouses do is give unique science experiments. 

As for making the fish tank do something other than what had been programmed in the existing patches, that’s gonna take some config editing—and can lead to interminable arguments all over the place about “fish tanks can’t do that.” But it is your game, so...

I've been running TACLS for some time but if I remember correctly, I may have installed Station Parts later into this game.  So maybe installing the fish tank after the fact derailed a patch that would have been in place had I installed both at once.  Thanks for the detail, much appreciated, I'll look into it some more

Is there any chance we could get a black and white texture option for the inflatable modules? I'm not particularly a fan of the tan, white, and grey look. I'd offer to do the retexturing myself, but I haven't the slightest clue how to get at the texture files.

5 hours ago, DockingHater said:

Is there any chance we could get a black and white texture option for the inflatable modules? I'm not particularly a fan of the tan, white, and grey look. I'd offer to do the retexturing myself, but I haven't the slightest clue how to get at the texture files.

Probably not. 

2 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

I can't transfer Kerbals into the inflatable modules. Every time I try it just says "<module> has no personal inventory space".

then remove the inventory stuff from the kerbals, then (I think) it should work

4 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

I can't transfer Kerbals into the inflatable modules. Every time I try it just says "<module> has no personal inventory space".

Are you using KIS/KAS?

19 hours ago, DockingHater said:

Considering that there is no tan going on in this mod (except in the in development section, which is discussed in the development thread) you should either go there or find out which mod you're discussing. 

19 hours ago, DockingHater said:

maybe your mistaken for the new Tantares station parts.