[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

On 3/13/2020 at 11:03 AM, juvilado said:

Hi, i can't conduct science experiment in Hydroponics module, in fact, there is not option to run it when i click it (surface of Kerbin, 2 scientists inside).

Am I doing something wrong?

Is it mandatory to be in space?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

I'll check it out. I'm inclined to say it should have a result.

3 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

Hello! 

I've got a question about SSPR. is it normal for performance in the VAB to be bad when I have multiple SSPR parts? In-flight is perfectly fine but for some reason in the VAB I get big performance hits. I've tested with only SSPR and it still causes it. I've tested in both 1.8 and 1.9 with respective versions.

Thanks!

No it's not normal for performance to be bad. I will require a log at minimum, plus a list of mods.

I find the ptd-c porthole is too light weight, it is overpowered in that aspect. Moreover, it gives control of the craft!

I think for balancing purposes, it should weight more and be an utility module, just adding crew capacity. 

Also, the scatter-1 service airlock is too light IMHO.

Regards!

Edited by juvilado

On 3/19/2020 at 7:05 AM, juvilado said:

I find the ptd-c porthole is too light weight, it is overpowered in that aspect. Moreover, it gives control of the craft!

I think for balancing purposes, it should weight more and be an utility module, just adding crew capacity. 

Also, the scatter-1 service airlock is too light IMHO.

Regards!

There's currently an issue on GitHub about this, it'll probably be fixed in the next update. 

Hi there Nertea, thanks for this awesome Mod!

I would like to know if version 1.3.3 for KSP 1.9 is compatible with KSP 1.8.1 as well.

I am still using version 1.3.2 because some other Mods didn't upgrade yet to KSP 1.9 (and it would be a lot of work to upgrade all the Mods), but I would like to see the "Fixed Kerbal positioning issues with the Bagel and Blimp IVAs".

With best regards

Quick question, but does anyone know a pretty looking way to attach the parts with this to the trusses from Near Future Construction? I'm having a bit of trouble getting a good scale going - I'm using a radial outrigger, slapping two small truss pieces on the side of that, then the 2.5m square-to-circle converter to that, then the 2.5m to the hex truss adaptor. It looks kinda odd to say the least :P

2 hours ago, Sepone said:

Hi there Nertea, thanks for this awesome Mod!

I would like to know if version 1.3.3 for KSP 1.9 is compatible with KSP 1.8.1 as well.

I am still using version 1.3.2 because some other Mods didn't upgrade yet to KSP 1.9 (and it would be a lot of work to upgrade all the Mods), but I would like to see the "Fixed Kerbal positioning issues with the Bagel and Blimp IVAs".

With best regards

In general (and in this case specifically, in my experience) mods compatible with KSP 1.8 are compatible with 1.9.  I haven't tried vice-versa, but I'd expect you likely could update your KSP install without (or with only minor) issues.

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

In general (and in this case specifically, in my experience) mods compatible with KSP 1.8 are compatible with 1.9.  I haven't tried vice-versa, but I'd expect you likely could update your KSP install without (or with only minor) issues.

Thanks for the quick reply DStaal, but Scatterer has a problem with 1.9 (planets looking frozen and/or water disappearing). Therefore I keep using 1.8.1 for now.

Hello, HUGE fan of your mod. This is only my second time commenting because I am usually able to find solutions, but this one has me stumped. I decided to hold off updating to 1.9 to allow time for moders to update. I know you have updated, however, I am having a problem with rotational parts not appearing. The best explanations I have found so far is unity update problems, but as you have already updated to 1.9, I don't see how that could be the problem. The bagel rotational part is missing in the tech tree and the parts tool in the VAB, but it still shows up on craft I have already built with it, however, I am not allowed to launch it. I'm curious if there are any troubleshooting steps as this seems so isolated to just the rotational parts.

Thank you in advance for your help, and thank you for an amazing mod.

Edited by ColdWindPhoenix

On 3/24/2020 at 12:10 PM, ColdWindPhoenix said:

Hello, HUGE fan of your mod. This is only my second time commenting because I am usually able to find solutions, but this one has me stumped. I decided to hold off updating to 1.9 to allow time for moders to update. I know you have updated, however, I am having a problem with rotational parts not appearing. The best explanations I have found so far is unity update problems, but as you have already updated to 1.9, I don't see how that could be the problem. The bagel rotational part is missing in the tech tree and the parts tool in the VAB, but it still shows up on craft I have already built with it, however, I am not allowed to launch it. I'm curious if there are any troubleshooting steps as this seems so isolated to just the rotational parts.

Thank you in advance for your help, and thank you for an amazing mod.

Sounds like a mod interaction. Usual culprits are Kerbalism, USI and similar mods - this functionality works fine with just SSPX intalled

4 hours ago, Nertea said:

Sounds like a mod interaction. Usual culprits are Kerbalism, USI and similar mods - this functionality works fine with just SSPX intalled

I have TAC life support and fuel balancer, if one of those might be one of them. I find some irony that an artificial gravity part and life support mods conflict.

19 hours ago, ColdWindPhoenix said:

I have TAC life support and fuel balancer, if one of those might be one of them. I find some irony that an artificial gravity part and life support mods conflict.

Those should be fine. Really need your logfile and your ModuleManger cache. You're saying, basically (to confirm):

1) The part exists.
2) The part exists on in-flight craft.
3) The part is missing in the VAB.
4) The part is missing in the tech tree.

Additionally, I need to know what parts are missing. You say rotational parts - is this all centrifuges (there should be 5)? Are any other expandable parts affected?

20 hours ago, Nertea said:

Those should be fine. Really need your logfile and your ModuleManger cache. You're saying, basically (to confirm):

1) The part exists.
2) The part exists on in-flight craft.
3) The part is missing in the VAB.
4) The part is missing in the tech tree.

Additionally, I need to know what parts are missing. You say rotational parts - is this all centrifuges (there should be 5)? Are any other expandable parts affected?

Upon collecting the information you asked for, I have located the missing parts, and I have discovered the problem. I recently installed the community tech tree, which changes the location of the parts I was missing. I guess it didn't occur to me that they might be located somewhere else in the new tech tree.  While trying to figure out which parts were actually missing I loaded a sandbox save and found no parts were actually missing. I then did a more in depth search of the tech tree and discovered my mistake.

I am really sorry for wasting your time and I appreciate your help.

2 hours ago, ColdWindPhoenix said:

Upon collecting the information you asked for, I have located the missing parts, and I have discovered the problem. I recently installed the community tech tree, which changes the location of the parts I was missing. I guess it didn't occur to me that they might be located somewhere else in the new tech tree.  While trying to figure out which parts were actually missing I loaded a sandbox save and found no parts were actually missing. I then did a more in depth search of the tech tree and discovered my mistake.

I am really sorry for wasting your time and I appreciate your help.

No problem, always good to see problems solved :). 

On 3/13/2020 at 11:03 AM, juvilado said:

Hi, i can't conduct science experiment in Hydroponics module, in fact, there is not option to run it when i click it (surface of Kerbin, 2 scientists inside).

Am I doing something wrong?

Is it mandatory to be in space?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

I finally got around to checking this and in a basic install (SSPXr + dependencies) I can run the experiment on the pad. Chances are, you have another mods that is doing things to the part, it is a common target for shennanigans.

In the stock game, you can science spam with the labs quite extensively.  Once a science instrument has recorded it's data to a lab (for a given biome) it can't re-give that same data to the lab again.  Unless you launch a new lab on a new vehicle, then everything gets refreshed.  So launching more and more labs effectively leads to infinite science.  At least that's how I've always figured it works.

Does the big 3.75m lab that comes with this mod-pack behave differently?  Earlier in my career-run I sent a ship with the big lab to the moon to do a science run.  Then just recently I decided to do another run using the same ship design, but with a new freshly launched ship.  But when I reached space and tried it out, it showed all instruments as being unable to transfer data to the lab.  It's acting as though this lab has done all of that science already, even though it's a fresh one.  Is this normal?

I also have other mods that could be doing this to increase the difficulty.  Like MKS Kolonization.   I don't mind too much, because it's true the science spamming can make the game too easy.  But I would like to pin-point which mod is causing this behavior.

EDIT:
Eh... nevermind, it was just me being dumb.  I forgot to put Bob inside the lab.  The whole system grinds to a halt without a scientist in there.

Edited by PTNLemay

Realized I forgot to post about the update released a few days ago:

SSPXr 1.3.4

• Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.16.0
  • Fuel tanks in the Asylum radiation shelter can now switch between various liquid options (LouisB)
  • Increased 1.25m cupola mass to 0.45
  • Improvements to SSPXMetal extras
    • New B9PS material switcher allows better fidelity on metallic textures
    • Fixed a few small bugs

hi there. has anyone of you the same problem with  manually extending the legs of the adjustable base gradle? within the VAB it seems to work  but until when going outside and try to extend the legs individually  the legs only extend to its minimum auto level value (10). 
i'm not able to adjust the minimum autolevel neither adjust the extension manually.
the only thing which works is deploy retract and autolevel. any advise? thx

5 hours ago, O YEAAAAAAH Mr Crabs said:

@Nertea I installed the mod and all its dependecies but when I open my game it says that B9PartSwitch has had a fattal error and bellow this:

No Tank Type named "SSPXRocketParts" exists

and I am forced to quit the game .  

DO you know how I can fix this or do you need a crash report or something along those lines?

Yes, a log is required. 

9 hours ago, GoAHead said:

tested also the gradles with more than 2 legs and also only autolevel works ...

I just went ingame and didn't see any issues. I'll need some kind of screenshots showing what you're seeing.