[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

2 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

I never saw it having an insulated variant, can you show a picture or a quote of it existing in some way?

I guess I have no proof but I thought I remembered it from a while ago, could just be going crazy as well

On 2/23/2021 at 12:15 AM, Brigadier said:

What @Starhelperdude said.  Also, what versions of KSP and this mod are you using?  Please read the thread linked in my sig block for some guidance on how to report issues and what info to include.  It really helps everyone who tries to assist you sorting this out.

tanks. i had to cut some parts of the mod foulder but it work now. 

There seems to be an issue with the docking node on the dockable crew airlock. I can dock to it ok using the clamp o tron docking port, but when it comes to undocking, I click on undock and nothing happens but the undock label disappears. I can retract the docking port and close the hatch but the vessel still is attached to the ship via an invisible node, I try to use rcs thrusters to back away from the dock and the thrusters pull all the ship with it.

On 3/14/2021 at 2:10 PM, si2504 said:

There seems to be an issue with the docking node on the dockable crew airlock. I can dock to it ok using the clamp o tron docking port, but when it comes to undocking, I click on undock and nothing happens but the undock label disappears. I can retract the docking port and close the hatch but the vessel still is attached to the ship via an invisible node, I try to use rcs thrusters to back away from the dock and the thrusters pull all the ship with it.

I see people getting this all the time with docking ports of all types. Until people confirm consistent problems with this part I have to blame it on KSP.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Just John said:

sorry noob here, i download it and put it on gamedata folder but i cant seem to find the parts, is there somewhere specific i should look?

What did you put into GameData? The .zip? You must put the content of the .zip (B9PartSwitch, NearFutureProps and StationPartsExpansionRedux) into GameData, not the whole .zip. You need also ModuleManager.

4 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

What did you put into GameData? The .zip? You must put the content of the .zip (B9PartSwitch, NearFutureProps and StationPartsExpansionRedux) into GameData, not the whole .zip. You need also ModuleManager.

i dont have module manager ill download it and try again but i think that may be it just got excited and downloaded it without reading the description

17 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

It also needs to be unzipped. This took me a bit when I first started out.

1 hour ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

It also needs to be unzipped. This took me a bit when I first started out.

That`s what I said (content of the .zip, not the .zip itself). If you use windows you don`t need to unzip manually. Windows unzips automatically if you drag`n`drop files from a zip to another folder.

I'm having an issue relating to having SSPX installed and EVA construction mode.  Particularly the stock clamp-o-tron docking port.  The video shows the problem.  I'm testing on a clean 1.11.2 install.  I cannot reproduce it with just stock even with the SSPX dependencies installed so it really points to SSPX.  I can create a bug report on github if necessary.

Spoiler

Here are my Logs

I've run into a very peculiar bug, when I use the storage parts for MKS resources, specifically Raremetals and Exoticminerals. I empty these out in the VAB since i want them to be storage for these specific parts. The idea is to then do some offworld mining and bring the full containers back, recover them and get all the cash from the resources. The problem is that when i recover a full storage container with these resources, the cost of the container becomes -500000-ish funds, very close to the exact amount the resources are worth, so I don't make any money. Even worse, if I recover these parts empty, I lose money out of my bank account. I've attached the logs here. There's a few errors about USI that are entirely my own fault and probably unrelated.

Thanks for the help! the fix doesn't work for me though, probably due to the sheer amount of mods i have installed. But thanks anyways :)

Edit: On a second try, after resolving some completely unrelated errors, it does actually work! Huzzah

Edited by lookolookthefox
success

5 hours ago, lookolookthefox said:

I've run into a very peculiar bug, when I use the storage parts for MKS resources, specifically Raremetals and Exoticminerals. I empty these out in the VAB since i want them to be storage for these specific parts. The idea is to then do some offworld mining and bring the full containers back, recover them and get all the cash from the resources. The problem is that when i recover a full storage container with these resources, the cost of the container becomes -500000-ish funds, very close to the exact amount the resources are worth, so I don't make any money. Even worse, if I recover these parts empty, I lose money out of my bank account. I've attached the logs here. There's a few errors about USI that are entirely my own fault and probably unrelated.

Based on issues with TweakScale (caveat: I don't really understand what's going on), it is *possible* that this recovery issue is a bug with KSP itself. Just a thought, but only based on vague dot-connecting (there's an issue with recovering parts with TweakScaled parts as well, it seems; might be somehow related...).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 1:29 PM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Based on issues with TweakScale (caveat: I don't really understand what's going on), it is *possible* that this recovery issue is a bug with KSP itself. Just a thought, but only based on vague dot-connecting (there's an issue with recovering parts with TweakScaled parts as well, it seems; might be somehow related...).

It's KSP for sure. It's not calling IPartCostModifier when recovering the craft, so every cModule (including their own) that would affect the part's cost is being ignored, and TweakScale is just one of the victims (as the difference of pricing when scaling thing is handled on that Interface).

@lookolookthefox, currently the only way I'm aware of recovering costs on a modded Career game is using KSP-Recall. It's not perfect, however - I'm fighting some details, but generally things are way better on it. Use the 0.1.0.5 release (and not anyone other), it's the more stable at this moment.

The mod seems to be working in every way for me except in career. Nothing I do will make any parts show up in research. The research tree for the parts ARE there and can be researched, but there's no parts in it. Just blank. Is there anyway to fix this?

18 minutes ago, Kat said:

Alright... Seems some of the parts now show once I downloaded the KSPRescuePodFix but lots of the stuff still won't show. I'm unsure what to do anymore

I take it the parts show up in the VAB fine when you are playing sandbox? Are you using any mods that change the tech tree? 

Just now, TBenz said:

I take it the parts show up in the VAB fine when you are playing sandbox? Are you using any mods that change the tech tree? 

Yes all parts show in sandbox. And I've tried with and without a tech tree mod. Currently have the community Tech Tree Mod. Which changed nothing when it comes to the nodes for it and any parts showing compared to without

4 hours ago, The Blazer said:

Does this mod still works? Is it compatible with the newer versions?

Yes, it is up-to-date, and  Nertea is actively developing it and keeping it so.

Hint: You can check (almost all) mods by looking at the title of the Mod release topic. This topic starts "[11.1x] ..." That is a convention used on this forum, whereby the number in the brackets refers to the version of KSP that a mod will work with. This one works with KSP v11.1 (the current one) and the "x" means it should work with any later, minor updates of KSP that might come out.

Happy launches!