[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

2 hours ago, Nertea said:

I had some assurances that my stuff would "just work" with KIS/KAS a few updates ago but maybe I need to revisit this. 

Yeah I just removed KIS and KAS (wasn't really using them anyway), and now I can move kerbals into inflatables again.

12 hours ago, Nertea said:

Considering that there is no tan going on in this mod (except in the in development section, which is discussed in the development thread) you should either go there or find out which mod you're discussing. 

Huh, I checked out the screenshot gallery and you're definitely correct. For me, the inflatable centrifuges have tan bits on the joints kind of.  I looked into the development threat, but I just have the version from the listed links, 1.4, not the 2.0.0 build. I've tried running the game with no other mods installed, besides the required ones, but no luck.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of the Coriolis centrifuge.BBn50C0.jpg

Edited by DockingHater

14 hours ago, Nertea said:

Oh. yeah I am not changing that for you. Sorry, you'll have to do that yourself. 

Yeah, that's fair. From what I saw in the development thread, you've definitely got more important things that you're working on, especially considering that the current texture does look good. I prefer the black and white texture just because I place probably too much emphasis on color themes, but the tan is a lot more realistic.

That aside, I will say that I do very much enjoy the mod. It's insane how much detail you managed to put into it. Even more so given how many mods you've made for the game that are the same quality. I haven't gotten around to actually building a station in orbit yet, but the model I've been building in the VAB looks so much better than what I was able to build before I installed it.

Edited by DockingHater

Nertea, I love the mod and respect the work that has been done on it. I have one question: is it possible to cut and isolate parts and make new part files from the parts in your mod? I'm trying to make a ship like the Edward Israel from The Expanse, and it would be oh so sweet if there was a way to just have the habitation centrifuge module from the "Mercury" Extendable centrifuge from SSPX. The pictures below show what part I would like to isolate. Could I "cut," in any way, this part away from the complete centrifuge part?

rgotLD8.pngf96f23fc7dcc108891073b381a40a943.jpg

23 hours ago, InfoTheGamer said:

Nertea, I love the mod and respect the work that has been done on it. I have one question: is it possible to cut and isolate parts and make new part files from the parts in your mod? I'm trying to make a ship like the Edward Israel from The Expanse, and it would be oh so sweet if there was a way to just have the habitation centrifuge module from the "Mercury" Extendable centrifuge from SSPX. The pictures below show what part I would like to isolate. Could I "cut," in any way, this part away from the complete centrifuge part?

rgotLD8.pngf96f23fc7dcc108891073b381a40a943.jpg

It's not really easy to do. You could try to look at the model using DebugStuff and determine whether you could turn on or off the GameObjects that form it using ModuleB9DisableTransform. Off the top of my head, thinking about how I out together the model,  this might be possible. You could hide 3 of the arms. However, you'll have holes where the arms used to connect.

The better but much more complex way is to import the model into Blender, make modifications and re-export it.

1 hour ago, Galileo chiu said:

does the mod have anything about life support?

Well, depends on what you mean. It doesn't add anything relating to life support itself; however, if you grab one of the common life-support mods (TAC-LS, Snacks, etc) there's special compatibility built into this mod that adds resources, part modules, etc. to work with it.

On 5/22/2021 at 7:14 AM, Basesixty said:

Do this the cargo containers in this mod have storage for the Snacks mod.

Yes. (Snacks and Soil only. Doesn't provide for Air, however.)

10 hours ago, Galileo chiu said:

does the mod have anything about life support?

There is adeqaute support for TAC, Snacks, Kerbalism (I think) and USI.

Just now, DaBakonAder said:

I have an idea for the pilgrim centrifuge...

How about, instead of folding up and spinning, the crewed portion extends out from the center on 2 rails, staying sideways

I don't understand, I have a headache, pls explain it with more details and/or draw it roughly on a piece of paaper

okay so imagine a box

and the box is connected to 2 giant pipes on the back

those giant pipes connect to an even BIGGER box

when you push E X T E N D the pipes E X T E N D moving the smaller box away from the bigger box

does that make sense?

5 minutes ago, DaBakonAder said:

okay so imagine a box

and the box is connected to 2 giant pipes on the back

those giant pipes connect to an even BIGGER box

when you push E X T E N D the pipes E X T E N D moving the smaller box away from the bigger box

does that make sense?

Similar to the second largest current centrifuge? 

Hi, can anyone help me resolve an issue?  I've been having some issues recently so I decided to go through my list of mods one by one until I found the culprit.

I've been suffering from:

1. Uncontrollable flicker at KSC,
  2. Black screen at VAB and SPH when reverting
  3. Black screen in flight at some angles

I have been able to replicate the issue on the following install:

1. Clean install of KSP, Making History and Breaking Ground (1.11.2, 1.11.1, 1.6.1 Latest releases)
  2. CKAN
  3. Module Manager
  4. B9 Part Switch
  5. Near Future IVA Props
  6. Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux
  7. Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux - Metal Surfaces
  8. Near Future Solar Core
  9. Near Future Solar

Since Near Future uses the same dependencies I believe the issue is on either "B9 Part Switch" or "Near Future IVA Props".

I have also tested the flicker recommendations that follow.

• use the -force-d3d11 launch option
  • use the -force-d3d9 launch option
  • In the settings.cfg file find these settings and make sure they all = 1.

SHADOWS_FLIGHT_PROJECTION = 1
    SHADOWS_KSC_PROJECTION = 1
    SHADOWS_TRACKING_PROJECTION = 1
    SHADOWS_EDITORS_PROJECTION = 1
    SHADOWS_MAIN_PROJECTION = 1
    SHADOWS_DEFAULT_PROJECTION = 1

• Installing Scatterer mod with flicker protection enabled.

• Tested all scatterer preloaded configs

• Also tested KSP default video settings and minimized settings as well

Has anyone found a fix for this? Please help

"This is my favorite mod and dislike playing without it".

Edited by Prowler_x1

• 2 weeks later...