[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

1 hour ago, radicaled said:

Yeah, the option is there. But when I click it says that I need a engineer inside the module to inflate it.

In my experience, you just need the required number of engineers (it could be several) on board the craft somewhere

On 6/20/2020 at 5:21 AM, Virtualgenius said:

@Wyzard each module is connected by a docking port, I think I used the restock grande ones you can see them they have a serrated edge, the large section with the antenna actually folds down so i had to do minimal installs on site

The whole center section you can fit into @Nertea Near Future Launch Vehicles  then i just use disposable skycranes to land them  I use mechjeb and you can get quite close and the the magnetic  docking ports pull them together plus you can do some pushing with the Rovers

bHT7vBc.png

@Nertea thanks for reply, I was wondering if you would consider adding a deployable ramp and stairs into an airlock module finding cool ladders and ramps is hard

The thing is... there is already a model of stairs in the mod's files:

UyNwvkQ.pngThe path should be: GameData\StationPartsExpansionRedux\Parts\Ground\adjusting-base

There are two files: sspx-adjusting-stairs-1.cfg/mu

@Nertea, How is that we cannot see this part in the VAB/SPH despite it being in the part files?

Also how can we get to use it? Cause it looks tremendously amazing.

Edited by adriangm44

31 minutes ago, adriangm44 said:

UyNwvkQ.pngThe path should be: GameData\StationPartsExpansionRedux\Parts\Ground\adjusting-base

@Nertea, How is that we cannot see this part in the VAB/SPH despite it being in the part files?

It's not visible because the category in the part.cfg file is "none". If it were "Ground", it should show up in the editor. The real question is whether it's deliberate, i.e. not ready for prime time, or an oversight.

On 6/24/2021 at 3:06 PM, Starseeker said:

In my experience, you just need the required number of engineers (it could be several) on board the craft somewhere

yup that was the problem, I needed 2 engineers :S
That is the reason I will never build a real space station (between many others), I don't read the instructions

On 6/25/2021 at 9:54 AM, panarchist said:

It's not visible because the category in the part.cfg file is "none". If it were "Ground", it should show up in the editor. The real question is whether it's deliberate, i.e. not ready for prime time, or an oversight.

also 

TechRequired = Unresearcheable

a module manager patch could easily fix it.

Spoiler

// sspx-adjustingstars-1.cfg 1.0.0.0
// KGEx
// created: 26 Jun 2021
// updated: 

@PART[sspx-adjusting-stairs-1]:NEEDS[StationPartsExpansionRedux]:FOR[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
	// --- editor parameters ---
	@TechRequired = actuators
	@category = Ground
}

// GPLv2 unported
// zer0Kerbal

On 6/25/2021 at 7:54 AM, panarchist said:

It appears it was intentionally removed back in 2017. 

https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/StationPartsExpansionRedux/commit/d5815a646e56631284ffeaaccea6a7bd1f61ea2d#diff-ba7de6ff63c9a0fde898a50882762103cd32df0b39fd2625793c11324bc8bc88

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 7:38 AM, mikegarrison said:

I just tested it. That behavior does not happen for me.

I started a new sandbox save, placed a root part, and then selected the "Pier". I was able to attach it, detatch it and set it aside, grab it and reattach it, etc. Just like it is supposed to be.

I am playing on 1.11.1.

If you are playing on 1.9.1, my guess is that the currently built mod is not backward compatible.

So I can confirm this is happening to me in 1.9.
Can anyone suggest a roll back version of Station Parts that works for 1.9? This bug leads to having to restart the game as you cant 'leave' the VAB

10 hours ago, The_villain said:

So I can confirm this is happening to me in 1.9.
Can anyone suggest a roll back version of Station Parts that works for 1.9? This bug leads to having to restart the game as you cant 'leave' the VAB

https://spacedock.info/mod/1682/Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux#changelog - versions 1.3.3 through 1.3.5 have support for 1.9.

On 7/13/2021 at 3:52 AM, The_villain said:

Cheers!

Though I've just noticed this also happens with Near Future Spacecraft command pods. So this might be a dependency mod that's causing it or something else. Gonna have to do a rummage and test them all. 

Shouldn't be the case. This happens probably due to the changes to the inventory system pre-1.10, which should be compensated for using a specific patch method that worked for testers. 

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Just a note that this will not be updated for 1.12 until I'm done developing the big update. 

Just for curiosity... Any very very rough E.T.A. or only "it's done, when it's done"? :P Autumn?

(No, doesn't mean to hurry, just for information and being hyped (yeah, the big update is mindblowing as far as I saw in the dev thread.) Really like your great work. Thank you for all the efforts. (Do you even have time to play KSP on your own with all the great stuff you made?) )

On 6/26/2021 at 12:20 AM, adriangm44 said:

Those stairs are awesome 

I have been using this on 1.12.1, and while I acknowledge the fact that it isn’t officially supported, I’m still using it, and I have on,y actually found one bug: the little Kerbal pic thing in the bottom right’s camera is clipped in the wall

11 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Big Update cant wait so here is an inspirational pic

lnNG3IV.png

Inspiring stuff

• 2 weeks later...