[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

Amazing update! I love what I am seeing here!

One question!

Does the base station legs use the anchoring mechanics recently added to basegame?

I have this rather big base that moves slightly even on a flat surface. Also due to refueling vessels landing and taking off to provide fuel for bigger orbital vessels. This is from 1.11x

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Built entirely in career btw.

Cryogenic refueling vessel taking off to meet my nuclear planetary ship in orbit.

My current nuclear vessel. Thor

Intended for Dres to Moho. With a lander suited even for Duna. Bigger ship using lithium plasma will go for joolian system.

Edited by Zefnoly

30 minutes ago, modus said:

That is one impressive base, really like what you did there.

25 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

That base  is awesome 

Thx! But I have to thank the modder to make it possible! The big expandotubes really helped! I figured docking them into eachother makes it even easier.

@Nertea: Bugreport - Type: visual. Severity: minor

External grip handle thingies are not removed, if both mounts (upper and lower) are set to "bare". Before the big update, the remaining handles between upper and lower handle ring were also removed if both rings are removed (bare).

I  will put this to github later this evening... Only noticed it on the PXL-2A adapter, but this is a new bug, which was not there before (SSPXr 1.4.0)  other parts with optional handles might be affected too.

Also: The here remaining handle do not perfectly fit with their ending in the handle ring, if selected (they are a bit too long). Very, very, very minor.

tEaAlEi.png

12 hours ago, Zefnoly said:

Amazing update! I love what I am seeing here!

One question!

Does the base station legs use the anchoring mechanics recently added to basegame?

I have this rather big base that moves slightly even on a flat surface. Also due to refueling vessels landing and taking off to provide fuel for bigger orbital vessels. This is from 1.11x

Built entirely in career btw.

Cryogenic refueling vessel taking off to meet my nuclear planetary ship in orbit.

My current nuclear vessel. Thor

Intended for Dres to Moho. With a lander suited even for Duna. Bigger ship using lithium plasma will go for joolian system.

Oh this is beautiful! I don't see people using the extending tubes enough.

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

@Nertea: Bugreport - Type: visual. Severity: minor

External grip handle thingies are not removed, if both mounts (upper and lower) are set to "bare". Before the big update, the remaining handles between upper and lower handle ring were also removed if both rings are removed (bare).

I  will put this to github later this evening... Only noticed it on the PXL-2A adapter, but this is a new bug, which was not there before (SSPXr 1.4.0)  other parts with optional handles might be affected too.

Also: The here remaining handle do not perfectly fit with their ending in the handle ring, if selected (they are a bit too long). Very, very, very minor.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Nertea said:

Oh this is beautiful! I don't see people using the extending tubes enough.

Thanks!

It is my go to docking port for surface bases. The ability to enable free rotation allowed me to balance every module of the base to be level with ease before locking the free rotation again. They let my surface bases look virtually bigger pretty easily too and spread more across the surface to give much better surface stability. Feel free to use the image to show off their potential. Until i thought of using them this way I didnt realize how good they can be for surface base design. I like to pretend they let the kerbals move more freely between the modules.

Edited by Zefnoly

8 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

What about it? I haven't touched life support configs in a long time so I need a heads-up.

Nertea's new 1.875m and 5m station parts aren't covered by the TAC-LS patch (other than the basic function of adding water/oxygen/food to them).  There are several new greenhouse modules that I think need the SETI greenhouse functionality adding to them, and there are also some habitation/utility modules that look as though they perhaps deserve to have built in water purifiers etc.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:05 PM, Nertea said:

Yes it is intentional. There's no reason that a contract to put an observatory on, say, the poles of the Mun would be invalid :). 

Understandable; thanks for explaining.  Maybe it's just the contract pack making it awkward, wanting several experiments together, so a contract that would otherwise be "send a lander" becomes "build a base" because of one experiment.  I've changed the situationMask locally using MM to keep the contracts suitable for landers, but I might re-enable it later and start actually building bases.  :-)

I found the same issue with the side rails as Rakete but on the PXL-2 'Fate' Lab. Top left of screenshot below.

Both the PAS-G 'G4RD3N' and PAS-T 'Oculus' have the same gap between the low mount and the main part. Also are both of these parts supposed to have a hidden top attachment node inside them? 

H4VPEk4.png

1 hour ago, CourserEdward said:

How to install the IVA file can read the cabin correctly ,I put it in the Kerbal Space Program\Extras , it doesn't work, none of the texturing and shading  show up , I am wrong?

1 hour ago, KSPPPPLAYER said:

Great mod and I love it so much!!But I found there is no IVAs in the game even install only this mod:sob:

You need to put the folder inside extras in Gamedata.

Hi guys I have a bit of question when you arm the extend a tube its supposed to grab the object it connects to  thus joining it to the parent object is that correct

@Nertea question for you I know you don't do requests  but is it  possible to make extender tubes with docking ports or is the graber effectively a docking port

Edited by Virtualgenius

Although I think I may have asked this earler. @Nerteais the mechanics from the new stock anchoring systems gonna be implemented into the landing struts/legs/supports for ground bases?

5 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

Hi guys I have a bit of question when you arm the extend a tube its supposed to grab the object it connects to  thus joining it to the parent object is that correct

@Nertea question for you I know you don't do requests  but is it  possible to make extender tubes with docking ports or is the graber effectively a docking port

To answer your question, if it works like it did in 1.11x they behave just like normal stock grapling hook with the exception that they have an adjustable length. You need to "arm" them first. Then they will dock/connect like a normal grapling hook.

My recommendation is that you dock it to another identical expandotube. It makes it easier for some reason. But it also makes it look better if you align it well... Try to dock one expandotube into another. Only one needs to be armed.

See my picture here for reference:

Afterwards you can enable free rotation to allow your base to get stabilized afterwards adjusting each of the legs of the various modules. That is what I did. My only problem is that the legs drift, I hope the new anchoring system from the recent stock update may have been inbuilt to these legs if possible as a togglable option.

Good morning! 

I've searched around and haven't been able to find anything on this...I see in the TAC-LS patches that it adds TACLS converters to alot of the hab/utility modules, but in game they don't show up.    I'm sure there's a conflict somewhere but have no idea where to start.  

Modulemanager.log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KxbaH0PB1ooB6-igr7S-undHhjxLywHb/view?usp=sharing

KSP.log- https://drive.google.com/file/d/15bP5wRuxbd0q0MmfB0QB4kTX2DSe9U99/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if any other info is needed.  Thanks! 

1 hour ago, jdub3350 said:

...the TAC-LS patches that it adds TACLS converters to alot of the hab/utility modules, but in game they don't show up...

Are you having problems with existing modules (1.25m / 2.5m stuff for example), or with new things (1.875m / 5m stuff)?  If it's the first, it could be a conflict, or possibly some of the old modules have had their names changed and are no longer covered by the old TAC-LS patch. If it's the second, it's because the TAC-LS patch hasn't yet been updated to cover any of the new parts, so the 1.875m / 5m greenhouses for example don't currently function under TAC-LS.

I started to update the TAC-LS patch for myself, and if I get any useful work done on it I'm happy to share, though I don't know how to use GitHub, so might need pointers with *how* to share...

25 minutes ago, eatU4myT said:

Are you having problems with existing modules (1.25m / 2.5m stuff for example), or with new things (1.875m / 5m stuff)?  If it's the first, it could be a conflict, or possibly some of the old modules have had their names changed and are no longer covered by the old TAC-LS patch. If it's the second, it's because the TAC-LS patch hasn't yet been updated to cover any of the new parts, so the 1.875m / 5m greenhouses for example don't currently function under TAC-LS.

I started to update the TAC-LS patch for myself, and if I get any useful work done on it I'm happy to share, though I don't know how to use GitHub, so might need pointers with *how* to share...

It's the "old" parts...the 1.25 and 2.5m habs (rigid and inflatable), utility modules, and centrifuges.