[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

Hey guys, I have a question. I really want to install this, but I can't seem to make it work. I went through the Readme file, and the download comes with all the required parts. However, the stuff doesn't show up. It did take away the stock cupola like it's supposed to, though. 

Any tips or hints on what to try? 

1 hour ago, Kickn4fun said:

Hey guys, I have a question. I really want to install this, but I can't seem to make it work. I went through the Readme file, and the download comes with all the required parts. However, the stuff doesn't show up. It did take away the stock cupola like it's supposed to, though. 

Any tips or hints on what to try? 

You likely didn't install it correctly still. You can post a picture of your gamedata folder, where you should have extracted the StationPartsExpansionRedux, NearFutureProps, and B9PartSwitch folders, to help the forum help you.

Fantastic mod, very authentic, good looking and not unbalanced at all. Finally I have proper parts for those space stations!

Here is a little problem, though; I cannot deploy the pilgrim centrifuge even though I have enough material kits. (USI MKS, KIS, some other non-parts mods).

E742A950297FA879038D0FE793289B2C32A354D3

There are two engineers aboard, seven crew all in all. What is going on? I updated to the latest version via CKAN, but no help.

EDIT: Found the error! You have to have >6750 parts, one part more and it works. :D:D:D

Edited by Falkenherz

22 minutes ago, Falkenherz said:

Fantastic mod, very authentic, good looking and not unbalanced at all. Finally I have proper parts for those space stations!

Here is a little problem, though; I cannot deploy the pilgrim centrifuge even though I have enough material kits. (USI MKS, KIS, some other non-parts mods).

E742A950297FA879038D0FE793289B2C32A354D3

There are two engineers aboard, seven crew all in all. What is going on? I updated to the latest version via CKAN, but no help.

EDIT: Found the error! You have to have >6750 parts, one part more and it works. :D:D:D

Ugh that's like in Fallout 4 where settlement creation checks for > rather than >= for resources under certain conditions so I can have EXACTLY the right amount of aluminum or fiber optics or circuitry and it won't let me build the turret or automatron. (and I REALLY want to send that automatron out as  provisioner rather than use one of my settlers)

I was having some difficulties running this. Reverted to the older version of module manager and voilá,  it worked. The newer version of module manager is screwing up some of my mods that were supposed to be working fine. This can be the result of my 100+ mod build though, and most likely it is the case, so I by no means want to blame the mod for my game presenting difficulties. I often wonder if people relating issues, here and elsewhere, also use a heavily modded KSP, a situation that generates issues on it's own. 

Anyway, that is my suggestion to people having issues: try an older version of module manager. it worked for me and this mod is running 100%! With the current version of MM it would simply not work, probably due to my mod-soup.

Edited by Daniel Prates

Love this pack so much! Such a massive, leaps and bounds improvement over the old pack. I also have another reason for loving it so much... 

4ubG6Im.gif

https://imgur.com/a/ahQHl

KRAKEN DRIVES! The base frame is a massive improvement over airbrakes as a drive throttle. I would love it forever for this reason alone, but thankfully there's a whole lot more reasons than that :P

--edit for @minepagan  https://kerbalx.com/TheUnamusedFox/Propulsion-Module

Gonna need tweakscale and ven's stock revamp, the one from github. https://github.com/VenVen/Stock-Revamp/archive/master.zip

Edited by TheUnamusedFox
Surrendering craft file for customs inspection

21 minutes ago, TheUnamusedFox said:

Love this pack so much! Such a massive, leaps and bounds improvement over the old pack. I also have another reason for loving it so much... 

[snipped]

https://imgur.com/a/ahQHl

KRAKEN DRIVES! The base frame is a massive improvement over airbrakes as a drive throttle. I would love it forever for this reason alone, but thankfully there's a whole lot more reasons than that :P

I'mma need a craft file...for customs inspections, of course.

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

In case this has been answered already, ignore, if you're willing to answer my question, please do, I would like to know if this is compatible with Interstellar life support

Unfortunately no, that compatibility does not exist. I can arrange it but I may need to discuss something with LinuxGuruGamer first, and ask him to write a feature that I believe would help things a lot. IFI makes things complicated in its own way and SSPXr is not prepared for this.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I use USI-LS and wanted an option for the containers to hold an equal amount of Mulch and Supplies, without removing the original option (96% Supplies, 4% Mulch).

I simple added this to the SSPXR-Containers-Switches.cfg:

Spoiler

SUBTYPE:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]
        {
            name = Supplies2
            tankType = SSPXSupplies2
            title = Supplies 2
            transform = SuppliesDecal
        }

And this to the SSPXR-B9TankTypes.cfg:

Spoiler

B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[CommunityResourcePack]
{
    name = SSPXSupplies2
    tankMass = 0.0000
    tankCost = 0.0
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Supplies
        unitsPerVolume = 0.50
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = Mulch
        unitsPerVolume = 0.50
        percentFilled = 0
    }
}

It seems to have worked, I did this right/the best way possible?

Thanks.

just came back to the game recently and I have to say this is one of my favorites of all time. Had the original SSPx for a long time and used the hell out of it.

One thing, none of the centrifuge parts have crew space in my install. They function perfectly aside from this, they will spin up and power down, all the animations and stuff work, but in the VAB and on my main interplanetary ship (using the Mercury), they show as having no crew space to transfer crew to.

As far as I know, I do have all dependencies (NFprops, B9 switcher, etc), and everything is installed right. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by GurpsWibcheengs

I was so excited to update SSPX to get cargo type switching. Unfortunately, it seems to cause rapid unplanned disassembly!

Here's my (super cool) Ceti station:

Ceti Station

And here we are with a test article:

SSPX Test Article

So it appears switching tank cargos makes something go wildly invalid. I didn't pull a log, nor have I tested yet without all my other mods, so could be mod-mod interaction. Anybody else seeing this?

Edited by Platonicsolid
Bad Album codes.

Just an FYI, there will be no 1.4 update to this mod. There will probably be a 1.4.1 update. 

4 hours ago, Platonicsolid said:

I was so excited to update SSPX to get cargo type switching. Unfortunately, it seems to cause rapid unplanned disassembly!

Here's my (super cool) Ceti station:

Ceti Station

And here we are with a test article:

SSPX Test Article

So it appears switching tank cargos makes something go wildly invalid. I didn't pull a log, nor have I tested yet without all my other mods, so could be mod-mod interaction. Anybody else seeing this?

So you are still using 1.3.1 right?

15 hours ago, GurpsWibcheengs said:

just came back to the game recently and I have to say this is one of my favorites of all time. Had the original SSPx for a long time and used the hell out of it.

One thing, none of the centrifuge parts have crew space in my install. They function perfectly aside from this, they will spin up and power down, all the animations and stuff work, but in the VAB and on my main interplanetary ship (using the Mercury), they show as having no crew space to transfer crew to.

As far as I know, I do have all dependencies (NFprops, B9 switcher, etc), and everything is installed right. Is anyone else experiencing this?

They will not be assignable in the VAB. However in orbit they'll be fine. Same question as previous poster?

2 hours ago, Platonicsolid said:

Correct, I have Steam locked to use 1.3.1. I'll pull my mod list this evening - it's admittedly a lot! - and see if I can get logs.

I let Steam update KSP but that's because I have all other KSP versions backed up... as soon as 1.4.0 dropped I copied it to a special Games folder containing all KSP versions since... uh... 0.23? I think? Makes it easier to keep playing on current version while developing for new version

@Platonicsolid @Nertea

Repro'ed and it looks like a physics issue. The physics engine can't cope with instant mass changes, which 'teleporting' resources effectively is. The funny thing is though that it also happens even if I put an empty tank on the pad. (I have successfully managed to destroy the entire pad. Good going Nertea!)

Dunno if it's all one issue or two issues, one for the resource dump (maybe look at how ModuleJettison does it?) and one for the resource type switch.... no idea what's happening under the hood for that one.

Playing with this a bit and it's bizarre... does it even with empty tanks but I don't see anything physically changing... empty tank has same dry mass for each type of cargo and its mesh doesn't change either that I can see? But it's definitely very destructive, breaking part joints or the launch pad or just catapulting things hundreds of meters into the air...

Put my first station parts with this pack in orbit... attached two of them together and then sent up the crew in an OPT shuttle... MJ gently brought it in for docking... and then stopped just above the port... I think the proximity of the centrifuge was preventing it from completing an otherwise flawless docking. I finished it myself and the wings barely missed hitting the support struts on the centrifuge

D27T45e.jpg

9 hours ago, Starwaster said:

@Platonicsolid @Nertea

Repro'ed and it looks like a physics issue. The physics engine can't cope with instant mass changes, which 'teleporting' resources effectively is. The funny thing is though that it also happens even if I put an empty tank on the pad. (I have successfully managed to destroy the entire pad. Good going Nertea!)

Dunno if it's all one issue or two issues, one for the resource dump (maybe look at how ModuleJettison does it?) and one for the resource type switch.... no idea what's happening under the hood for that one.

@Nertea, I've seen the same thing.  Tried out a cargo switch on two log modules and a cargo container.  On the pad, a log module at the bottom of the vessel, resting against the ground will destroy itself and/or toss the vessel into the air.  When in orbit, changing cargoes results in an immediate spin.  I've submitted an Issue on GitHub.

A less spinny version of my USI mega hab station around Iota. 112Y of hab/home with 5 Kerbals when everything is enabled and inflated. I have four inflatables that have not been inflated yet, but with the centrifuge and fixed hab, I have 33Y currently, along with 62Y of fertilizer:

3A5sv4R.jpg