[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

On 9/24/2019 at 11:41 AM, rocketbuilder said:

Ok, I went through, re-installed every mod, and what'do you know its Kerbalism that makes them dissapear (kerbalism is the main reason why i want them lol)

I've installed kerbalism and station parts on a clean 1.70 and there centrifuges show up. So I honestly don't know, but I'll do more searching - but it seems I'm pretty close to solving it and its obviously mod conflict rather than a fault with station parts so I'll update once I get it all fixed.

The warranty on any of my mods is void when used with Kerbalism - glad you figured it out. 

On 9/24/2019 at 3:38 PM, rocketbuilder said:

Fault found: Kerbalism and community catogary kit make centrifuges dissapear from the build menu. I'll look for a cleanup option but I don't think catagory kit is neccesary, so I can remove it.

Kerbalism creates its own VAB category and moves things out of the other categories and into its own. CCK allows other mods to create and occupy their own category. Either you didn't look in the Kerbalism category or Kerbalism and CCK are somehow fighting (and they will most likely only fight over life support and habitation parts) and have somehow made these parts disappear completely.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:00 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Kerbalism creates its own VAB category and moves things out of the other categories and into its own. CCK allows other mods to create and occupy their own category. Either you didn't look in the Kerbalism category or Kerbalism and CCK are somehow fighting (and they will most likely only fight over life support and habitation parts) and have somehow made these parts disappear completely.

Even searching both by maker and name didn't come up - they definately weren't there.

On 9/26/2019 at 12:37 AM, Nertea said:

The warranty on any of my mods is void when used with Kerbalism - glad you figured it out. 

Yea I should've read that but I was just Ckaning everything. Anyway its cool now, got a inflatable centrifuge around the mun now.

16 hours ago, Mameyn4 said:

I am having issues where the skybox turns white while using parts from this mod, is this causing the problem? 

Easy; get a fresh KSP install with just this mod. If the issue persists, it’s this mod. Otherwise, it’s not. 

Considering it’s mostly parts though I think something else is happening on your install. 

B9 part switch kills my installation (fatal error, abort, blablabla).

I tried installation via CKAN and manually with the b9 part switch version provided with this mod, but to no avail.

Installation doc gives no hint how to cope with this and it seems, that I am not the only one having this problem. Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanx in advance.

2 hours ago, Carraux said:

B9 part switch kills my installation (fatal error, abort, blablabla).

I tried installation via CKAN and manually with the b9 part switch version provided with this mod, but to no avail.

Installation doc gives no hint how to cope with this and it seems, that I am not the only one having this problem. Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanx in advance.

Make sure you get an up to date B9 part switch by itself and do a completely fresh manual install of this mod as well (ie, delete everything and reinstall with a new download) 

Also double check to see that its actually this mod causing the fatal errors  

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

A requests if it's permitted:

Can you make the telescopic clamp-o-tron in all three sizes? It's definitely my most used part of your pack. I tried building smaller version using robotic parts but they wobble like crazy !

I accept this challenge, and will also include the PP variant as well.

9 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

A requests if it's permitted:

Can you make the telescopic clamp-o-tron in all three sizes? It's definitely my most used part of your pack. I tried building smaller version using robotic parts but they wobble like crazy !

While it won't be as clean as Nertea making actual models, what you could do in the interim is add tweakscale to the port. You'll be able to scale it up to whatever size you want and barring some kind of weird glitch (99% chance thats not going to happen) it'll work perfectly. 

13 hours ago, G'th said:

While it won't be as clean as Nertea making actual models, what you could do in the interim is add tweakscale to the port. You'll be able to scale it up to whatever size you want and barring some kind of weird glitch (99% chance thats not going to happen) it'll work perfectly. 

Would tweakscale actualy change the node size of the port?

8 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

Thats a question better suited for the Tweakscale people to be frank. Generally when I tweakscale docking ports its only ever to attach to a second copy of the same tweakscaled port so I have no idea. 

8 hours ago, Nicky21 said:

This would affect the stack node size and likely attach strength, but won't affect the docking node size and might not affect the docking magnetism strength (feel free to correct me, anyone). An up-scaled junior clamp-o-tron will still only be compatible with other junior clamp-o-trons.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:29 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

This would affect the stack node size and likely attach strength, but won't affect the docking node size and might not affect the docking magnetism strength (feel free to correct me, anyone). An up-scaled junior clamp-o-tron will still only be compatible with other junior clamp-o-trons.

That's what I thought.

1 hour ago, meeware said:

Apologies if this is referenced elsewhere, but is there a workaround or config hack for the issue of inflatable parts not having KIS inventories?

The only workaround would be to have them have seats while deflated.

1.8 update will be some more time. 

However, it will have a pretty cool thing. After a lot of work there will be a new surface option for all SSPX parts, which converts them into a bare grey metal exterior. New endcap options (bare or with metal handles in yellow) are also included. This will be a separate download as it is not small in terms of RAM footprint. 

screenshot9.png

1 hour ago, meeware said:

Apologies if this is referenced elsewhere, but is there a workaround or config hack for the issue of inflatable parts not having KIS inventories?

I am currently working this problem for the next release. 

I'm having an issue with the self-leveling base frames. I did an extensive search and found that someone else had the same issue a few days over a year ago, but it doesn't seem to have ever been resolved.

iGjY1wB.png

The issue is that the self-leveling base frames do not respond to manual input. In my screenshot, the frame on the left is touching the ground and working properly. On the central frame, I hit self level and the legs adjusted, but did not extend to touch the ground. I manually extended them with the same ratio that they automatically found, but they didn't move. For the frame on the right, I manually tried to extend the legs to arbitrary lengths, but again they don't move. For the frame in the back, it's the same story in linked mode.

Is this intended behavior? It doesn't look like, and it makes multi-leg bases like this one impossible. Fortunately this one is destined for Minmus so I can put it on the flats for now, but I hope this can be fixed or changed to make this possible, because there's a lot of cool designs that could be made this way.

Oh, and it does work in the editor, just not in flight.

Edited by ruiluth

9 hours ago, ruiluth said:

I'm having an issue with the self-leveling base frames. I did an extensive search and found that someone else had the same issue a few days over a year ago, but it doesn't seem to have ever been resolved.

The issue is that the self-leveling base frames do not respond to manual input. In my screenshot, the frame on the left is touching the ground and working properly. On the central frame, I hit self level and the legs adjusted, but did not extend to touch the ground. I manually extended them with the same ratio that they automatically found, but they didn't move. For the frame on the right, I manually tried to extend the legs to arbitrary lengths, but again they don't move. For the frame in the back, it's the same story in linked mode.

Is this intended behavior? It doesn't look like, and it makes multi-leg bases like this one impossible. Fortunately this one is destined for Minmus so I can put it on the flats for now, but I hope this can be fixed or changed to make this possible, because there's a lot of cool designs that could be made this way.

Oh, and it does work in the editor, just not in flight.

I did some upgrades to the plugin for this update cycle, worth trying it again, there were some unhandled edge cases that needed to be addressed.