[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

I'm getting a  B9PartSwitch - Fatal Error, and it looks like it's stemming from a subtype around "Food" and 20 errors around SSPXR-Snacks.cfg

note, I have several mods installed and they all play nice with each other except SSPXR , and installed it via ckan, as well as manually from all downloads available currently. I'm at a loss, I've also tried installing the B9PartSwitch manually as well, and had no luck. I've also tried no mods except those required for SSPXR and I still come up with 20 errors.

I'm completely at a loss right now.

2 minutes ago, Senpai17 said:

I'm getting a  B9PartSwitch - Fatal Error, and it looks like it's stemming from a subtype around "Food" and 20 errors around SSPXR-Snacks.cfg

note, I have several mods installed and they all play nice with each other except SSPXR , and installed it via ckan, as well as manually from all downloads available currently. I'm at a loss, I've also tried installing the B9PartSwitch manually as well, and had no luck. I've also tried no mods except those required for SSPXR and I still come up with 20 errors.

I'm completely at a loss right now.

Can't do much with that little of info. I'd suggest following the steps here.

1 hour ago, Senpai17 said:

sorry, It was late when I posted, and had tried tracking down the problem for about 6 hours by then.

working off of version 1.10.1

ModuleManger excerpt
ModuleManager Log
Player Log

screenshot of the MM error message

It looks like you have Kerbalism and Snacks installed at the same time, which is causing multiple different conflicts in the way SSPXR patches life support. Kerbalism actually lists snacks as mod that is "major[ly] incompatible", so if you do have both installed it is a small miracle that SSPXR was the only mod with serious patching conflicts. And even if you could get MM to choke through the patches for both, the two would end up seriously stepping on eachother's toes during gameplay, which would result in a lot of strange and undesirable behavior. Since Kerbalism has its own implementation of food, you are probably best just dropping Snacks entirely.

Also, Kerbalism is very, VERY, aggressive about overwriting the contents of other mods. It essentially scrapes out all the game mechanics of other part mods to inject its own modules. Which means that, if those parts break, it's typically Kerbalism's fault. If you have any more issues while using it, you will probably want to check with the people at Kerbalism first, they tend to have a better idea of what these kind of "Kerbalism-ized" parts are up to.

Generally I'd recommend only using Kerbalism with a small and carefully curated set of mods that you can be sure Kerbalism properly patches. 

Edited by TBenz

On 12/22/2020 at 2:18 AM, TBenz said:

It looks like you have Kerbalism and Snacks installed at the same time, which is causing multiple different conflicts in the way SSPXR patches life support. Kerbalism actually lists snacks as mod that is "major[ly] incompatible", so if you do have both installed it is a small miracle that SSPXR was the only mod with serious patching conflicts. And even if you could get MM to choke through the patches for both, the two would end up seriously stepping on eachother's toes during gameplay, which would result in a lot of strange and undesirable behavior. Since Kerbalism has its own implementation of food, you are probably best just dropping Snacks entirely.

Also, Kerbalism is very, VERY, aggressive about overwriting the contents of other mods. It essentially scrapes out all the game mechanics of other part mods to inject its own modules. Which means that, if those parts break, it's typically Kerbalism's fault. If you have any more issues while using it, you will probably want to check with the people at Kerbalism first, they tend to have a better idea of what these kind of "Kerbalism-ized" parts are up to.

Generally I'd recommend only using Kerbalism with a small and carefully curated set of mods that you can be sure Kerbalism properly patches. 

trimmed Kerbalism out of my mod list and had no problems, thanks much! I was going nuts tracking that down. I initially added Snacks because incorrectly assumed that SSPXR was looking for the missing files. Then I tried to see if the B9 had some missing files (which it did not).

4 hours ago, visssius said:

today it was added on CKAN as compatible with KSP 1.11. but i can't install it yet because of incompatible "B9 Part Switch" dependent mod.

B9 PS works fine in 1.11.

SSPXr 1.4.0

• KSP 1.11
  • Updated NearFutureProps to 0.6.4
  • Added inventories and cargo stuff

22 minutes ago, Tangle said:

I've noticed that structural parts (like the long adapters and spacers and such) don't have cargo capacity. Is this intended, or a bug?

I would think this is intented, because they (for example kerbodyne-rockomax long adapter) don't have any actual cargo bays or something

I gotta say, I've been using this mod for years and it's one of my favorites. I think the only thing that could improve would be the ability to switch between the stock skin and the mod skin for the 2.5m parts and the 1.25m docking port, but even then it's still top tier:)

On 1/10/2021 at 8:45 AM, BerinianTankos said:

Anyone else experiencing problems with the inflatable crew parts? I'm trying to transfer crew into the centrifuges but the game won't let me because apparently the parts don't have personal inventory space

https://imgur.com/a/QUiuaL1

Do you have KIS or something? 

Hi all, I just installed Stockalike Station Parts Redux using CKAN (on KSP 1.9.1, just installed, it had no mod before today) and B9PartSwitch always gives me a fatal error like in the photo due to missing the 'Food' element . Looking at the KSP logs I have, perhaps, managed to trace a problem inside the tank files of the Stockalike Station Parts Redux, but I don't know how to solve the problem, can someone help me please?

Image of the error:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgpdkjy7rf0dyqa/Error.png?dl=0

KSP and ModuleManager logs in this folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gqbg4bfo16a61x5/AACBLgt0elg29cq24vrDWGIva?dl=0

Thanks in advance. :)

4 hours ago, Nic0o0o said:

Hi all, I just installed Stockalike Station Parts Redux using CKAN (on KSP 1.9.1, just installed, it had no mod before today) and B9PartSwitch always gives me a fatal error like in the photo due to missing the 'Food' element . Looking at the KSP logs I have, perhaps, managed to trace a problem inside the tank files of the Stockalike Station Parts Redux, but I don't know how to solve the problem, can someone help me please?

Image of the error:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgpdkjy7rf0dyqa/Error.png?dl=0

KSP and ModuleManager logs in this folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gqbg4bfo16a61x5/AACBLgt0elg29cq24vrDWGIva?dl=0

Thanks in advance. :)

Doesn't look like this has much to do with this mod. This mod ships a tankType called 'SSPXFood' and manages it, it doesn't do anything with a tank called 'Food'. You have a lot of other mods present, might want to check which one of them does Food tank types. 

I'm sure I'm not the first one to notice, but the extra metal textures for SSPXr are quite nice for a Jamestown recreation. 

Spoiler

9GY5Xqb.png

Spoiler

3XHMJ4z.jpg

I could probably make this a true replica instead of just a "reinterpretation" if I borrowed some engines and greebles from BDB, but my RAM wouldn't like that very much.