[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

Just now, HenriJayy said:

Хм. Странный.

...Вам пришлось удалить детали из списка? Как ты это сделал?

found the name of the part through KSPModAdmin, and then found it in MagPie Mods
It's pretty simple.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having trouble with this mod being combined with B9 Part Switch. During load, B9 pops up an error complaining that the "Metal" SSPE option isn't available, which forces the game to close before I can do anything. I don't have the Metal option installed, don't necessarily want it installed, and for some reason it isn't compatible with 1.12.3 anyway. Why is this error appearing at all when Metal is supposed to be an optional add-on?

45 minutes ago, BrobDingnag said:

Hi, I'm having trouble with this mod being combined with B9 Part Switch. During load, B9 pops up an error complaining that the "Metal" SSPE option isn't available, which forces the game to close before I can do anything. I don't have the Metal option installed, don't necessarily want it installed, and for some reason it isn't compatible with 1.12.3 anyway. Why is this error appearing at all when Metal is supposed to be an optional add-on?

I think the metal texture pack is now included in the normal install.  As for the B9 error, your KSP.log file might have more information, but if it were me I'd just delete both SSPX and B9, then reinstall them both using the latest SSPX package from Github (as opposed to CKAN).  That will either fix the issue, or tell you that the issue is being caused by a conflict with something else.

9 hours ago, modus said:

Yeah the metal extra was deprecated some time ago iirc. Try having everything on the latest version.

I've done my best, but B9 says it's only compatible up to 1.12.2, and I'm just trying to run 1.12.3. Weird that so much would have changed between dot dot updates to cause these incompatibilities... for the lifetime of KSP.

22 hours ago, rougeaux said:

I'd just delete both SSPX and B9, then reinstall them both using the latest SSPX package from Github (as opposed to CKAN).

Oh goodie, manual management again. Thanks for the help; I'll try it out.

If I may make a suggestion regarding USI-LS support, the aqua culture module is 10.74t and is set for 81% recycling for 4 kerbals at 36.25 EC/s. The closest comparable part from USI-LS itself is the RT-5000 at 3.75t and 79% recycling for 3 at 18.75/s. 

Maybe the aquaculture module should be configured for 7 kerbals? Their recycling per kerbal is practically identical and this change would make it much more desirable since the science experiment and kerbal seats aren't really worth 7 tons. 

More reason for this change would be: the RT-5000 has 1.25t of effectively 80% recycling per kerbal and the hitchhiker container seats 4 kerbals at 2.07 tons, or effectively 0.5 tons per kerbal. 1.25t * the 7 kerbal recycling + 0.5t seat * 3 seats = 10.25t with the remaining 0.49t for the science experiment. Plus, just changing the recycling count wouldn't affect any existing craft for the worse or necessarily better. Won't change their delta-v and might only make them generate more EC if they were using multiple AC parts. 

I really like using all these parts in general for stations and long term interplanetary craft. It would be nice for the AC to be worthwhile using in comparison to the RT-5000.

Edited by Shoey

This is bound to be asked somewhere in this thread but my search skills have failed me.
Are there parts in this mod that have integrated docking adapters? I'm aware that the stock adapters have been reskinned but I'm looking for large skale adapters to fit the wider station parts and provide a proper connection that can withstand the torques.

1 hour ago, MrOnak said:

This is bound to be asked somewhere in this thread but my search skills have failed me.
Are there parts in this mod that have integrated docking adapters? I'm aware that the stock adapters have been reskinned but I'm looking for large skale adapters to fit the wider station parts and provide a proper connection that can withstand the torques.

No, but Nertea does have docking ports like that which he packaged into some of his other mods. 

His large 3.75m Docking Port can be found in the mod "ReStockPlus"

The huge 5m Docking Port is in the mod "NearFutureLaunchVehicles" (NFLV)

There is also a hollow circular 5m Docking Port and a hollow square 3.75m port designed for the structural trusses found in the mod "NearFutureConstruction"

3 hours ago, MrOnak said:

There are adapters between each size provided, but none with integrated docking ports.

Ok, I'm guessing from the mostly black image that your craft has disassembled?  A lot of things can cause this, it is not certain that it is caused by the parts involved.  Is it moving around and "dancing" a lot?  If so, that would be our friend the Kraken and is a bug in the KSP physics engine for which many theories exist but the most agreed upon probably has to do with spurious accelerations of the parts caused by floating point rounding errors or something like that.  The bottom line is that it happens.  You might be able to alleviate it by 1) going back to previous save point, 2) using MOD-F12 cheat menu to 'cheats' section and checkin on 'unbreakable ships', 'allow part clipping', and whatever else may appear useful to you.  The kraken will visit more often the more parts your craft has and the less memory your game machine has, in my experience

4 minutes ago, Matteo391 said:

You can update this? to remove this bug

No, sadly, I cannot do that.  It is beyond my power.   I've done the best I can to tell you how to address what I think might be the problem but I'm not even sure I understood that correctly as you didn't answer my question about whether the parts were moving around and wiggling or holding fairly still.  If they are holding fairly still then I'd lean to the possibility a joint failed, or a decoupler was triggered by mistake.  But I really don't know what exactly the issue is and cannot fix bugs in the game itself if that is the source

29 minutes ago, Matteo391 said:

Wean playing the game I turn on interior settings and shows this but how it happened?

Ok, that makes a little more sense.  Not all crew parts have an interior view.  So maybe you are just seeing from "inside" something but there is nothing defined to see so you just see the exterior surfaces of the parts around you.  I don't really know though.  But I do know that IVA, or interior views, don't always work out.  The fact that your kerbal pictures in the lower right show black are a hint that the IVA views may be less than well defined, I think.  If you know for certain which part that view is supposed to be from and which mod provides that part you may be able to download an IVA view for it.  I know some mods have a separate package for the IVA views, but I'm not sure about what you are calling "Station" parts and my game machine is down so I can't verify

Edited by darthgently