[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

On 6/13/2022 at 8:27 AM, Rodger said:

Aww my LED strip trim :( lol

Fortunately, there are mods that add RGB lights and LED strips for all your Rover and/or station tuning needs. ;)

Edited by Chakkoty

• 2 weeks later...

So, uh, looked the files for the stock parts patch. There appears to be both a "sspx-hitchhiker-25-1.mu" and a newer "sspx-hitchiker-25-1.mu" that doesn't appear to be referenced by any of the .cfg files. 

Edited by SingABrightSong
Specified which type of files that were failing to reference the new model. Also specified which type of file wasn't being referenced.

9 hours ago, SingABrightSong said:

So, uh, looked the files for the stock parts patch. There appears to be both a "sspx-hitchhiker-25-1.mu" and a newer "sspx-hitchiker-25-1.mu" that doesn't appear to be referenced by any of the .cfg files. 

They might be referenced by restock instead, since they apply to a stock part? Not sure.

23 minutes ago, tremonthedgehog said:

does any one know where the containers are from this photo?

They should be in the Payload category in the editor. In the default tech tree they're in the "Large Volume Containment" node. If you have CTT installed they're in the logistics branch.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:40 AM, SingABrightSong said:

They are in MODEL nodes. The line would be  model = StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Rigid/station-25/sspx-hitchhiker-25-1

6 hours ago, Galileo chiu said:

I'm having problems with b9 parts switch relating to SSPX, here is the log file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XOPP6krws7x3ku08V1o1-oobI0X8v7Wb/view?usp=sharing

and here is a screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ec5k8USiTRIi9oNfObjHFeSVAiTjiCGV/view?usp=sharing you might need to download it

You have something which is triggering the Extraplanetary Launchpads patch but you don't have EPL's resource definitions installed. Because youre on OSX I think this may be a bug related to CKAN I saw somewhere else, where you had it installed but the folder was not fully deleted. Either

• Reinstall or verify that EPL is installed correctly, if you want that mod installed
  • Look in your GameData folder for an empy or almost-empty EPL folder and delete that. 

58 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

They are in MODEL nodes. The line would be  model = StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Rigid/station-25/sspx-hitchhiker-25-1

Yes. And what I'm saying is that the *newer* file is, as far as I can tell, *not referenced* by any of these MODEL nodes. I'd guess it was committed with the wrong name and thus failed to replace the older file.

12 hours ago, Nertea said:

You have something which is triggering the Extraplanetary Launchpads patch but you don't have EPL's resource definitions installed. Because youre on OSX I think this may be a bug related to CKAN I saw somewhere else, where you had it installed but the folder was not fully deleted. Either

• Reinstall or verify that EPL is installed correctly, if you want that mod installed
  • Look in your GameData folder for an empy or almost-empty EPL folder and delete that. 

Thanks

19 hours ago, SingABrightSong said:

Yes. And what I'm saying is that the *newer* file is, as far as I can tell, *not referenced* by any of these MODEL nodes. I'd guess it was committed with the wrong name and thus failed to replace the older file.

Oops, disregard. I see what you're saying now.....  let's poke at those two files a bit more and see if there's really anything different about them.

It's right here. Maybe you didn't install it or something else properly.

https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/master/GameData/StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXr-StockPartReplacements.cfg#L10

Edited by Starwaster

On 9/16/2018 at 12:37 PM, Wyzard said:

Speaking of collider issues on extensible parts: the docking port on the PPD-EVAC-U-8 doesn't have a collider mesh:

ep6BJuh.jpg

This makes docking a little weird because when the ship gets pulled in by the magnet, instead of bumping into the port and stopping, it passes through (intersecting the EVAC-U-8 port) then gets pulled back by the magnet, overshoots again, gets pulled in again, and so on.  Ends up oscillating back and forth for about 30 seconds before it actually docks.

(Also, the docking transform is slightly off-center, as you can see in the image.  But that doesn't hurt anything.)

On the latest version of the mod I’m getting this bug, and on the GitHub it says it was fixed right? Can anyone help me out with this?

(If needed, I can provide logs.)

Hello, is it possible that some mods are not happy to live among each other ? Like MKS and Stockalike Station parts Redux ?

I want to deploy the Centrifuge and need 6K+ Material kits ?

HvIo54U.jpg

Edited by Jovzin

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 8:41 AM, rmaine said:

I know of 2 approaches to this. Neither involves cheating or extra mods. One I came up with long ago was to grab the module with a claw and drag the whole thing down to Kerbin. Takes a bit of care to make a rescue vehicle that can safely do the trick, but it's doable. Besides the obvious fair amount of parachute, you'd want enough retro delta-v to keep entry heating modest. But after I once posted something about that, someone else (sorry I can't recall who to give the credit to) told me that once you use the claw to connect the vehicles, you can then transfer the Kerbin; the claw basically acts like a docking port. (Sure doesn't look like it ought to be possible to climb through it, which is why that didn't occur to me). Then just release the claw and you are home free. That way is actually pretty easy. I suppose one might consider that capability of the claw to be a "cheat" in a way.

[Edited to add appropriate credit]

Ah. It was in the thread on KSP rescue pod validator that @TBenz pointed this out to me.

Gotta love that you can transfer crew through a claw but not fuel...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I like this mod you made very much. It has been used for many years.

I have some suggestions for you in use: Can the containers in our mod not only store resources such as ore and water, but also support LF/O, RCS, Xeon and other fuels? Or Can It Support Mods Such As ConfigurableContainers, ModularFuelTanks, B9PartSwitch, Etc. That Can Customize The Setting Of Fuel Options? Thank you. Because I did encounter this problem when using this mod, the original Containers could only load ore or water, which did not actually have much useful loads. In fact, what I need most is fuel, electricity, etc.

Sorry to bother, I hope you can help me solve this problem, or you can talk about your thoughts~

你好,我很喜欢你制作的这个mod也用了很多年了。

在使用中我有一些建议想跟你说:请问咱们这个mod里的containers 在不仅可以存储矿石和水等资源以外,还可以支持LF/O,RCS,Xeon等这些燃料吗?或者可不可以支持ConfigurableContainers,ModularFuelTanks,B9PartSwitch等类似可以自定义设定燃料选项的mod吗?谢谢。因为在使用本mod时确实遇到这个问题,原Containers只能装矿石或者水这些实际并没内有太大用处的载荷,而实际上我最需要的是能装燃料,电力等等。

麻烦了,希望您可以帮我解决这个问题,或者可以谈谈您的想法~

下面这个图是我用这个mod制作的空间站,图文无关只是想给你分享一下!

The following picture is the space station I made with this mod. I just want to share it with you!

dcf00ae8992269e1.jpg

Edited by Aaron11
add a picture

Finally getting a chance to dig into the new parts, and they really are lovely. FWIW, one very minor quirk I found with it and the CTT is that the G4 astrolabe dome is in Advanced Science Tech, in the 550 Science, while the G1, G2, and G3 are all up in the Colonization, in the second to last tier. Unless this is some weirdness with other mods I have, I am generally assuming it isn't intentional that the most advanced one (assuming so based on numbering) be unlocked first, especially that much ahead of the others. Obviously this creates no problems with gameplay, but it did seem incongruous.

I have a question. I have been trying for around 24 hours now and can not find an answer. For some reason my kerbals can not enter the centrifuges to expand them. I've tried around 13 different methods, including new docking ports, putting kerbals into a command pod on top of the centrifuge so they can transfer in. And it still will not work. I currently have my first part of large station and while it looks, gorgeous unfortunately kerbals can not access the centrifuge to get in and expand it. I have also just tried pressing "Deploy" And it says I need a minimum of three kerbals inside.   I believe another message that came up a few times was I need "13,500" Material kits. Which seems very odd to me. Any help someone could give me would be amazing. Thank you!

~Zach

2 hours ago, Zachfrack29 said:

I have a question. I have been trying for around 24 hours now and can not find an answer. For some reason my kerbals can not enter the centrifuges to expand them. I've tried around 13 different methods, including new docking ports, putting kerbals into a command pod on top of the centrifuge so they can transfer in. And it still will not work. I currently have my first part of large station and while it looks, gorgeous unfortunately kerbals can not access the centrifuge to get in and expand it. I have also just tried pressing "Deploy" And it says I need a minimum of three kerbals inside.   I believe another message that came up a few times was I need "13,500" Material kits. Which seems very odd to me. Any help someone could give me would be amazing. Thank you!

~Zach

Do you have MKS installed?

So you're saying that on a ship with a centrifuge that has 3 kerbals, the centrifuge won't deploy? That is indeed odd. Do you have a screenshot?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...