[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

On 8/7/2022 at 1:33 PM, Zachfrack29 said:

I have a question. I have been trying for around 24 hours now and can not find an answer. For some reason my kerbals can not enter the centrifuges to expand them. I've tried around 13 different methods, including new docking ports, putting kerbals into a command pod on top of the centrifuge so they can transfer in. And it still will not work. I currently have my first part of large station and while it looks, gorgeous unfortunately kerbals can not access the centrifuge to get in and expand it. I have also just tried pressing "Deploy" And it says I need a minimum of three kerbals inside.   I believe another message that came up a few times was I need "13,500" Material kits. Which seems very odd to me. Any help someone could give me would be amazing. Thank you!

~Zach

Use the part menu to deploy the centrifuge, then transfer the kerbals in.  Oh wait, you tried that.  Is it broken in the view of some mod thus requiring materials kits?  Doesn't should like stock behavior

Edited by darthgently

• 2 weeks later...

Minor issue I noticed. On the "dawn" habitation module, the first three kerbals have regular IVA views. The next two seem to disappear from the IVA view. They're still in the module, just no IVA portrait or view from them. Not a huge deal, really. The first three seats provide more than plenty of views of the internal space. Also may be due to the other 150+ mods I have installed, but I don't mind taking a minor hit for that.

So, a quick question. How am I supposed to deal with parts from this mod showing up for Kerbal rescue contracts? I can't go EVA, there's no hatch. I can't add a docking port to the craft, even the Jr. is too big to fit in my Kerbal's inventory. Same goes for the parachutes. The only way I can think of to get the Kerbal inside to safety is ramming the part with the Klaw and burning into the atmosphere, risking losing the Kerbal inside or the Klaw getting ripped off when the parachutes deploy. 

While.on the topic, is there any way to just prevent parts from this mod from even showing up in rescue contracts? As far as I know, every part in stock KSP that can host Kerbals has a hatch for them to exit through. 

Edited by Javascap

1 hour ago, Javascap said:

So, a quick question. How am I supposed to deal with parts from this mod showing up for Kerbal rescue contracts? I can't go EVA, there's no hatch. I can't add a docking port to the craft, even the Jr. is too small to fit in my Kerbal's inventory. Same goes for the parachutes. The only way I can think of to get the Kerbal inside to safety is ramming the part with the Klaw and burning into the atmosphere, risking burning the Kerbal inside or the Klaw getting ripped off when the parachutes deploy. 

While.on the topic, is there any way to just prevent parts from this mod from even showing up in rescue contracts? As far as I know, every part in stock KSP that can host Kerbals has a hatch for them to exit through. 

I think these are what you're looking for:

4 minutes ago, darthgently said:

I wish this were rolled into KSP Community Fixes.  I always forget it until I bump into the issue

True, there is a lot of fixes and QOL mods that belong in KSPCF, but I get that for some these are bloat (I.E. You don't need them if you're playing sandbox) and also is difficult for one person to maintain and bugfix all of the different modules

7 minutes ago, Forked Camphor said:

True, there is a lot of fixes and QOL mods that belong in KSPCF, but I get that for some these are bloat (I.E. You don't need them if you're playing sandbox) and also is difficult for one person to maintain and bugfix all of the different modules

Things can be selectively applied depending on a variety of factors, like type of game, version of KSP etc., which is how a lot of KSPCF works, I think. So maybe a tiny amount of bloat on disk, but not in RAM while playing. Well worth it to me for a one stop sol'n

Edited by darthgently

• 2 weeks later...

I may be wrong about this, but did you actually fix the ground sliding problem with the adjustable legs/base frames?

With KER, every single wheel and landing leg set give me that 0.000-something degrees/second rotation - brakes, ground tether, even the static anchors, doesn't matter. Nothing actually fixes the problem

Except for your base frame. The numbers jitter a bit at the beginning... and then they stop. As in, actually stop.

Now, pardon me, as I know next to nothing about coding, but from skimming over your source, you seem to be defining and referencing a value for static and dynamic friction in the AdjustableLeg module - could that be the solution? And if so, any chance of getting something like a universal friction module that could be applied to other base stabilizers and landing legs, like Planetary Surface Structures, Benjee's PES and such? Because I tried applying wheel module with friction modifier to PSS, but they are still sliding ever so slightly.

Edited by Maurox

1 hour ago, Superluminal Gremlin said:

Is there anyway of scraping little bit more performance. My computers not great, and running SSPX cause weird part ghosting bugs

Increasing RAM has the biggest positive effect in my experience; have you maxed out your RAM?  

Also, remove any IVAs from your install if you don't really want them a lot.

Tuning down your graphics settings can make a big diff if your machine is graphics hobbled

On 10/17/2022 at 6:39 PM, Maurox said:

I may be wrong about this, but did you actually fix the ground sliding problem with the adjustable legs/base frames?

With KER, every single wheel and landing leg set give me that 0.000-something degrees/second rotation - brakes, ground tether, even the static anchors, doesn't matter. Nothing actually fixes the problem

Except for your base frame. The numbers jitter a bit at the beginning... and then they stop. As in, actually stop.

Now, pardon me, as I know next to nothing about coding, but from skimming over your source, you seem to be defining and referencing a value for static and dynamic friction in the AdjustableLeg module - could that be the solution? And if so, any chance of getting something like a universal friction module that could be applied to other base stabilizers and landing legs, like Planetary Surface Structures, Benjee's PES and such? Because I tried applying wheel module with friction modifier to PSS, but they are still sliding ever so slightly.

You can see what I'm doing here: https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/f0c03675c817782d99c3e919c1e30d070f8a360b/Source/HabUtils/ModuleAdjustableLeg.cs#L156

It's not very groundbreaking and I'm honestly surprised it works as well as it does.

3 hours ago, Nertea said:

You can see what I'm doing here: https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/StationPartsExpansionRedux/blob/f0c03675c817782d99c3e919c1e30d070f8a360b/Source/HabUtils/ModuleAdjustableLeg.cs#L156

It's not very groundbreaking and I'm honestly surprised it works as well as it does.

In which release was this fixed? Had a Base with the adjustable legs using SSPRx 2.0.6  and they drift/slide along the ground surface. 

Edited by Rakete

On 10/7/2022 at 1:50 AM, Javascap said:

So, a quick question. How am I supposed to deal with parts from this mod showing up for Kerbal rescue contracts? I can't go EVA, there's no hatch. I can't add a docking port to the craft, even the Jr. is too big to fit in my Kerbal's inventory. Same goes for the parachutes. The only way I can think of to get the Kerbal inside to safety is ramming the part with the Klaw and burning into the atmosphere, risking losing the Kerbal inside or the Klaw getting ripped off when the parachutes deploy. 

I used to do that trick of grabbing with a Klaw and reentering. Doable, but a bit tricky. Then someone pointed out to me that once you grab with the Klaw, you can transfer crew through it. Doesn't look like the Klaw ought to be climable through, but it is. So send up a rescue capsule like you would for other rescue missions, but add a Klaw to it. Grab, transfer crew, release Klaw, and you are home free.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i tried reinstalling the mod several times through various soources but i always get an error that some parts are missing, for example the shanty module (module sspx 25-1 something like that). my entire space station has disappeared because of this. help please? ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now I might just be dumb, but I’m having and issue with the hydroponic parts added by this mod. They all produce oxygen and water, but they’re aren’t producing food. They also aren’t consuming minerals, but they can turn food into minerals.  In the VAB the part’s description also says that it consumes “0.00 minerals/day” while active.  I’m using the TACLS mod for life support, and have uninstalled and reinstalled both mods, and KSP itself, and they still don’t work. I also make sure that they’re fully crewed if they can house crew members.

not sure if this is a bug, or if I’m doing something wrong. Any helps in getting them to work is greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

I posted this over in Taniwha's EPL thread but figured I would post it here too in case anyone knows of any solutions or if this is related to this mod in reality. The big centrifuges cause EPL built vessels to clip into the ground and explode everything around them due to some bizarre physics oddities. I did not notice this with smaller centrifuges but some more testing might be better. To test it you can take the centrifuge and built it anywhere (space, landed, splashed) and it will always explode a number of random parts around it when built with EPL. Outside of EPL they work fine, I love them even and am enjoying the FreeIVA compatibility!

Update: the issue is only present if a centrifuge is the root part. As long as it is not the root part everything works fine.

Edited by StormxWolf